Poll closed
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
what you think of those rules? - Page 2 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

what you think of those rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: what you think of those rules?

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 20:16
Death_X_Magi wrote:To be honest with you Misho, I have been in more pub games then in priv games with your bot. Mostly because there isn't enough people to host a priv half the time. The rest of the time your bot is stupidly hard to catch, keeps going off to make pubbies and even when we call it back for a priv it goes off to make a pub so we get frustrated and just flood the pub game. Personally I don't like doing that but really I don't want to spend so much time whisping the !unhost command till your bot decides to slow down and give us enough time to get a priv going. As for the reserve slots most of the time people get kicked en masse by that because as stated above your bot just keeps making pubs and we get tired of trying to beat it to the chase for a priv game.

I still insist that you allow us to !swap for Red and I'm sure many people in the clan agree that, that should be an exception to your swap rule.
is it that hard to wait 5 mins so that the game starts?
also is the command "!priv" unavailable from the lobby when the games are just empty?
catching it between public games is "hard" but is it so hard to let it do the goddamned public game? as i said, it's a PUBLIC SERVICE just as much as a service for our clan....
hueman08
hueman08
SSG
SSG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2007-10-18

what you think of those rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: what you think of those rules?

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 20:52
Whatever the outcome of this, My bot will retain the same rules.
Death_X_Magi
Death_X_Magi
MSG
MSG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-08

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 22:15
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
Mishotaki wrote:
also is the command "!priv" unavailable from the lobby when the games are just empty?
catching it between public games is "hard" but is it so hard to let it do the goddamned public game? as i said, it's a PUBLIC SERVICE just as much as a service for our clan....

We do wait for your bot to come back and then execute !priv. But do you know what? It goes off to make another pub.
Misho how bout you stop freaking out and overreacting to everything and taking it out of context? I was only telling you personal experiences from using your bot and that for me I've been in more pubs then privs.
SC2PL.Tamer
SC2PL.Tamer
SG
SG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-23

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 22:24
Mishotaki wrote:it's a PUBLIC SERVICE much more than a service for our clan....

FYP

(imo)
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-01-26
http://www.edge.ca

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 23:22
Mishotaki wrote:come on... skipping the pings is like 10-15 seconds after the last person stopped downloading...

and the spoofchecks in public games is under 2 seconds after a person joined...

banlist uses a ping that can be blocked by firewalls... so it's useless 90% of the time... but the latency check works.... so my guess is that it's using something similar... i don't know wich....

and for not caring about spoofcheckers... would you like someone spoofing "omnieulogy" and teamkilling everyone he sees in every single game 10 games in a row... that would give you a good reputation wouldn't it? especially if he uses one of your codes to load a high xp....

Seriously I wouldnt care if somebody spoofed my name and TK'd somebody lol because I wouldnt be the one doing it or having knowledge.. I don't think the pings are important either because they dont effect the game I'm not going to ban anybody based on the pings and I don't need people going omg ban for 130 ms lol
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 23:42
Death_X_Magi wrote:
Mishotaki wrote:

We do wait for your bot to come back and then execute !priv. But do you know what? It goes off to make another pub.
Misho how bout you stop freaking out and overreacting to everything and taking it out of context? I was only telling you personal experiences from using your bot and that for me I've been in more pubs then privs.
well it creates games until there is 2 games in progress...
Big_Red
Big_Red
1SG
1SG
realm_2
Regist Date : 2008-12-27

Fri 07 Aug 2009, 12:23
i just want to make it clear first off that im not having a go at you or your principles in any way misho Smile
i also respect you choice to lay down the rules as it is you bot and ultimately its yours lol. i am not even on the hosting list lol but i would like to make a point regarding one rule

!swap rule - deathxmagi has a point, the command IS, as you say, overused and abused, HOWEVER it is usefull in regards to having a decent red player who doesnt abuse the commands of the game and sets up a good game.

Solution - if your concerned about log length, split the analysis of the logs between you shamans (we do this in my other clan among the trusted cheiftains (we have 5 going on 6 clans of the same RPG)). they might not apreciate being sent a 50 page log to sift through, but they shouldnt be shamans if they arent willing to moderate the clan lol
alternatively, make an exception in the case for swapping to red, and TRUST that the hosting personell use it correctly. the shaman's helping you to moderate the bots can then let you know of any irregularities in the logs you send them. faster, efficient and less hassle for the bot owner (also builds good teamwork in moderating sense =P)
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Fri 07 Aug 2009, 18:16
Big_Red wrote:they might not apreciate being sent a 50 page log to sift through, but they shouldnt be shamans if they arent willing to moderate the clan lol
i just pasted it into openoffice, it is 378 pages long for 24 hours of data....
1.16mb

if i force it to be 100% full page, it becomes 247 pages...
if i force it to be size 1, i still get 40 pages (and it makes it unreadable unless at 400% magnification)
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-06-02

Fri 07 Aug 2009, 19:47
That is a HUGE log.
Big_Red
Big_Red
1SG
1SG
realm_2
Regist Date : 2008-12-27

Sat 08 Aug 2009, 03:30
lol maybe split it up into however many parts respective of how many shaman you have?
that should end up being like 70 pages if you have 3 or more shaman
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Sat 08 Aug 2009, 04:42
lol it would end up in being way too much work... might as well just do it myself Razz
Death_X_Magi
Death_X_Magi
MSG
MSG
realm_1

Sat 08 Aug 2009, 17:48
Seriously Misho? You can't even make a single exception even though a lot of people here want swapping for Red since it prevents games from going wrong. Before I got admin powers and was able to swap for Red, in pub games 1 out of 5 every games a random person who was Red was abusive of his power to -kick or chose wrong difficulty even though we tell him which to choose in lobby. Even yesterday in a pub game we told the person who was Red to go Nightmare and instead he went Normal. Some people are not negotiable, some people are assholes and you can't let them be Red. As long as someone doesn't use !swap 1 X# after their spoofcheck, more then once in a pub game I can't see how that's wrong.
SC2PL.Tamer
SC2PL.Tamer
SG
SG
realm_1

Sat 08 Aug 2009, 21:26
Death_X_Magi wrote:Even yesterday in a pub game we told the person who was Red to go Nightmare and instead he went Normal.

I can't remember if I was in the same game, but it did happen to me as well.

I think red could not speak english (he said 2 words throughout 1 hour, and they didn't make much sense either) ...there's no communication possible in such cases. Sure, they are exceptions, but they make the no swapping rule fucking retarded...
Death_X_Magi
Death_X_Magi
MSG
MSG
realm_1

Sun 09 Aug 2009, 00:01
SC2PL.Tamer wrote:

I can't remember if I was in the same game, but it did happen to me as well.

I think red could not speak english (he said 2 words throughout 1 hour, and they didn't make much sense either) ...there's no communication possible in such cases. Sure, they are exceptions, but they make the no swapping rule fucking retarded...

Dude calm the hell down gosh. Who said I disagreed with Misho for saying !swap shouldn't be used. Even in law there are exceptions to that law for special cases and for this rule there should also be the exception that admins can swap for Red. If Red did not have the power to -kick or choose difficulty then really there is no need for any !swap at all, zero exceptions. However that's not the case, is it not an admins responsibility to prevent even the possibility of a game from going wrong because the person who is Red is abusive and uncooperative and give the people in the game a chance to play and enjoy it. Assuming that admin is responsible, which by Misho's rules, if you aren't you won't be an admin.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Sun 09 Aug 2009, 00:45
seriously.. its just being taken way to seriously lol its a game and if people are going to go over the top playing the game find another host or just host your self. we have enough people with host in the clan it isnt impossible Smile i disagree with the !start force thing but i havent been on so i havent been able to use it xD lol but seriously guys public games if a pubby is red except normal and just play. its easy lol
SC2PL.Tamer
SC2PL.Tamer
SG
SG
realm_1

Sun 09 Aug 2009, 00:59
@Death: I didn't infer anything from your post, I was simply stating the same thing happened to me and kept going with my opinion on the subject

Eulogy wrote:seriously.. its just being taken way to seriously lol its a game and if people are going to go over the top playing the game find another host or just host your self. we have enough people with host in the clan it isnt impossible Smile

it isn't impossible, it just makes finding a game a pain in the ass as :

1- no, not so many people can host themselves
2- there are rarely more than 10 clanmates online when I play (even on a saturday afternoon)
3- I can't host myself
4- you can't find out red doesn't do as told until you're in the game which makes you wait again for another game to start

since it takes some time to have a game going, and especially games with less than 5 newbies, it's a tough call to keep playing the pub game with retard red or wait for another...

bottom line is : it's just a game yes, it's just hard to get good games going ...if you're into wasting your time, I can argue with that
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Sun 09 Aug 2009, 02:00
theres almost always somebody on line who can host o.O or atleast thats what I've found Smile

but yeah red in random games I just assume he will pick normal lol
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 11 Aug 2009, 08:04
i put some more lenient punishments.... check them out...
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1

Wed 12 Aug 2009, 00:54
Lenient Punishiments ... Hmm *shrugz*
hueman08
hueman08
SSG
SSG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2007-10-18

Wed 12 Aug 2009, 06:40
Yeah My current GHost++ log is 36mb, but stopped thankfully because its "broken". 1.16mb is nothing xD Never again will i autohost 20 games....

P.S. THe punishments seem fine to me.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Wed 12 Aug 2009, 06:55
hueman08 wrote:Yeah My current GHost++ log is 36mb, but stopped thankfully because its "broken". 1.16mb is nothing xD Never again will i autohost 20 games....

P.S. THe punishments seem fine to me.
1.16 in 24 hours... right now it's 6.27mb
and i got 55mb of logs from before the update....
when i reboot the bot, i try to remember to change logfiles, it's easier to follow and faster to open..
Terrible
Terrible
PFC
PFC
realm_1
what you think of those rules? - Page 2 Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2009-09-10

Mon 14 Sep 2009, 07:59
If some of the commands for the bot you don't want people using, more or less, for no matter what the reason is, is it possible to just remove the commands? maybe have the access required to use the commands over 9000 but only give them like 100 access to use whatever other commands.
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1

Mon 14 Sep 2009, 08:35
Doesn't matter this thread is basically useless now as Misho's bot is going offline
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Mon 14 Sep 2009, 10:48
Terrible wrote:If some of the commands for the bot you don't want people using, more or less, for no matter what the reason is, is it possible to just remove the commands? maybe have the access required to use the commands over 9000 but only give them like 100 access to use whatever other commands.
there is no different acess power, there is 4 categories of people:
root admin: the bot owner, he can do every single commane, there can be only one
admin: he can do most commands
non-admin: only a few public commands available
banned: no commands at all

i could take the time and research how to remove selected commands, but what's the point? if you can't restrict yourself from using a nuke when someone sneeze, who gave you a goddamned nuke?

having such commands that you lose your admin also makes sure that the ones who uses my bot are the ones who actually know the rules and understand them.... no command should be taken lightly....

there is also commands that you need but are easily exploitable:
-you can't remove ban, it is needed.... but people can ban for reason such as a person leaving the game or because osomeone spams a bit without warning him first(yes it has happened)
-if you want to reserve spots, closing all the open slots is faster to reserve them than typing the reserves one by one... but people can just play with it saying that they refresh the slots, the bot autorefreshes anyway so there is no need for that(yes it has happened)
-pinging people, knowing how much latency one person should get in the game is somethign important to know.... people pinging repeatedly out of boredom (it has happened)
-knowing someone's stats can show if a person already played the game..... every person checking everyone else happens, it makes a shitload of spam when everyone do !stats on every joiner and the joiner do !stats back to them to see it too(yes, i hate this and it's done too often)

those 4 examples... should i remove banning, closing the slots, ping and stats? they aren't bad commands, there is only immature people using their powers out of malice, idiocy or boredom
Proxy wrote:Doesn't matter this thread is basically useless now as Misho's bot is going offline
if i get myself a job and pay my debts, the bot will be back.... if there is still a need for it...
but it should be offline for at least a month or two even if i find a job right now...
Terrible
Terrible
PFC
PFC
realm_1
what you think of those rules? - Page 2 Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2009-09-10

Tue 15 Sep 2009, 19:11
I'm pretty bad on that last one. i !stat the people who don't have a dl, but who i've never seen before to see if i should go normal or nightmare. Sorry for spamming your bot log. and thanks for the reply, i understand a bit more now.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum