14 posters
Go down
Biberkrieger84
Biberkrieger84
SSG
SSG
realm_3
Regist Date : 2009-03-12

StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Empty Re: StarCraft 2 release !!

Fri 12 Mar 2010, 23:07
I talked too much about it?
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Fri 12 Mar 2010, 23:32
Biberkrieger84 wrote:I talked too much about it?
No, there's been a hot topic about the cracked beta already. With all the different cracks, loaders and AI.. ^^"

[nerd mode on]
But you actually discovered a fluff hole there.
The Banshee is a panetary craft, fitted with twin turbofans. Deploying such a thing in a a place devoid of atmosphere would be close to useless.

However one could argue that these space stations, because of their mass, have enough gravitation to sustain at least a thin atmosphere. As long as there are gases, no matter if it's the nitrogen-oxygen mixture of habitable worlds or anything else, such as nitrogen plasma which is the most commonly found gas in space, the Banshees could continue operating.

If this were to be the case - and considering the small size - the rotor power of these turbofans would have to be higher than the power of a common helicopter motor by at least one order of magnitude.
[nerd mode off]

Well, but apart from that.. Banshees rock :0 With them I crushed a small Terran tanks&thors army within a couple of seconds. And a saw someone amassing them in order to raze a whole base to the ground within just a minute.
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-06-02

Sat 13 Mar 2010, 19:56
*sigh* ... well I was hoping to hold out for my beta key.. But now that this discussion has come up and S3r is over there telling about the awesome game he played.. ima have to go and DL it now...Thanks alot.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-01-26
http://www.edge.ca

Wed 17 Mar 2010, 14:50
Huge disapointment. That's all I have to say lol. Amazing graphics, much worse game play. Q.Q all the way home lol
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1

Wed 17 Mar 2010, 19:47
Yea pretty much Omni ): I've been playing the demo *sighs and hands over the $50 anyway*
Biberkrieger84
Biberkrieger84
SSG
SSG
realm_3

Thu 18 Mar 2010, 02:00
Remember, its the beta.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Thu 18 Mar 2010, 14:44
Eulogy wrote:Huge disapointment. That's all I have to say lol. Amazing graphics, much worse game play. Q.Q all the way home lol

I can't understand you - Do you remember how Starcraft I started out? Where everybody went Zerg and spammed invincible drones?
Where Terrans glitched their Command Centres into the mineral patches to get resources much faster, but this wasn't actually bad because that was the only way Terran could even stand up to the other races.
Where every Zerg could 6-pool you into oblivion?

The beginning of SC1 was terribly imbalanced, with dozens of exploits, glitches and lame strategies. It went a long, stony path on the road to becoming the King of RTS.

SC2 has a much better start. It's already fairly balanced, being fixed and patched frequently, we already have a relatively huge gaming scene and it's got the same kind of clockwork mechanics that's needed for a competitive game.

People complain about the removed micro and macro elements, but they fail to see all the new stuff that came into play, because they're too much in the thinking of SC1. This is not Starcraft 1 Reloaded, it's Starcraft 2.

Yesterday or the day before I saw a Zerg using the Overlords to spew Creep at some desolate place of the map in order to build a hidden Spire there (Mutalisk tech), while in his base he built a Hydra Den (Hydralisk tech). The enemy scouted the den and prepared for hydras and suddently gets surprised by a couple of mutas :]
Blew my mind - that's what makes a game awesome, not the presence / absence of MBS, unit stacking or "patrol-move" attacks.
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1

Thu 18 Mar 2010, 20:09
When you put it that way. I suppose your right S3R =/ I was comparing it too much to SC1 which I try to never compare games but it sometimes happens. Overall SC2 will be a good game and well worth the money.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Thu 25 Mar 2010, 16:30
s3rius wrote:
Eulogy wrote:Huge disapointment. That's all I have to say lol. Amazing graphics, much worse game play. Q.Q all the way home lol

I can't understand you - Do you remember how Starcraft I started out? Where everybody went Zerg and spammed invincible drones?
Where Terrans glitched their Command Centres into the mineral patches to get resources much faster, but this wasn't actually bad because that was the only way Terran could even stand up to the other races.
Where every Zerg could 6-pool you into oblivion?

The beginning of SC1 was terribly imbalanced, with dozens of exploits, glitches and lame strategies. It went a long, stony path on the road to becoming the King of RTS.

SC2 has a much better start. It's already fairly balanced, being fixed and patched frequently, we already have a relatively huge gaming scene and it's got the same kind of clockwork mechanics that's needed for a competitive game.

People complain about the removed micro and macro elements, but they fail to see all the new stuff that came into play, because they're too much in the thinking of SC1. This is not Starcraft 1 Reloaded, it's Starcraft 2.

Yesterday or the day before I saw a Zerg using the Overlords to spew Creep at some desolate place of the map in order to build a hidden Spire there (Mutalisk tech), while in his base he built a Hydra Den (Hydralisk tech). The enemy scouted the den and prepared for hydras and suddently gets surprised by a couple of mutas :]
Blew my mind - that's what makes a game awesome, not the presence / absence of MBS, unit stacking or "patrol-move" attacks.

This is all true but remember s3r.. SC1 was the only Beta they had... they already went into this using starcraft as a huge starting point, ofcourse its more balanced but at the same time there are already huge holes which will be interesting to see if they dont edit some abilities, spells ect. I'm still disapointed by it but hey I'm biased being a hard-core melee player from the first one lol

Ah i feel I must also add zerg needs some reworking with the queen-larva-hatchery gogo zling rush lol it forces a toss/terran to turtle without another option unless they want to mess up their early game to try and pressure a zerg who will beat you anyway by pulling back and using drones if you even make it that far x.x
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Sun 28 Mar 2010, 15:36
yea well, reworking and balancing is of course things still to be done. But there's already some awesome games out there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMVfFDcy6jI&feature=sub
(TvP, with almost every unit used in the game, incl. nukes. Definately worth watching.)

I guess the hardcore SC1 players have the most resentments about SC2, but people will adapt as the time of SC2 dawns, while SC1 will slowly sink into oblivion.

..but what are these 'huge holes' you're talking about? Sure it's different, but I can't see any serious issues with SC2.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Mon 29 Mar 2010, 16:43
Stalkers are one, just the unit itself, I played one game vs zerg and just messed around with stalkers and blink and took out like 50 lings with my harass with maybe 8 stalkers. Good Micro? maybe.. but that shit is still imba lol vs T their static defence also gets owned by Stalkers on SOME maps but not all.

I know its not SC1 but it is still starcraft and still carries the name... if Blizzard wanted to make a totally new game they should have come up with a new name for it and changed the unit names/looks. for example... MW1/2 GoW1/2 RoC/TFT. and Halo 1 through 3. Using the excuse thats its made almost 15 years after the first one is no excuse to make everything retardedly unbalanced lol still a good game for UMS I'm sure but the melee aspect needs a lot of work still Sad
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Mon 29 Mar 2010, 20:31
that's why i'm not expecting it in 2010 Razz
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Tue 30 Mar 2010, 18:11
Maybe but the Public Beta is out... atleast they calmed down quite a few people by releasing that lol
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Tue 30 Mar 2010, 23:54
Been playing around a little..

StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen12StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen13

Map editing is kind of hard without an editor - but it's possible Very Happy

StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen14
Another one. It's hard to see but that's a Marine with the Hellion's flame thrower attack.

PS: The marine looks so strange because he's cloaked. Don't want Zerglings to chew on mah during photo shooting.
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-29
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Wed 31 Mar 2010, 00:57
Uh oh, now s3rius is gonna spend all his time on SC2 instead of warcraft 3. I wonder if beta 8 is ever gonna come out now! =P
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Wed 31 Mar 2010, 15:46
Yea, I'm trying to make a little survival game.
You start off with a lonely Marine, an Engineering Bay and an immobile Medivac to heal your wounds.
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen15StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen16

Everytime you kill a Zerg it drops a small larva, which you can pick up to gain minerals. Alternatively you can grab some from the almost depleted mineral fields around. High-yield fields offer more reward, but are guarded by the viscious Zerg.
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen17StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen18

With your bounty you can get upgrades from your engineering bay.
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen19

With improved equipment you can start engaging the more dangerous enemies.
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen20

And with personal cloaking you're going ghost on their asses.
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen23

Ain't he cute?
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen22

Gameplay is kind of lame at the moment. That's because most functions aren't included in this beta build of SC2 so I have to cope with what I have.
And I'm doing all the work with a notepad, a debuging console and patience Razz
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Unbena12

Eulogy wrote:Stalkers are one, just the unit itself, I played one game vs zerg and just messed around with stalkers and blink and took out like 50 lings with my harass with maybe 8 stalkers. Good Micro? maybe.. but that shit is still imba lol vs T their static defence also gets owned by Stalkers on SOME maps but not all.
Yea, it's not like a couple of Vultures can take out 50 Zerglings with good micro- no wait! They can! Very Happy
Ok, blink can be used to get past cliffs and obstacles which is something the Vultures can't do, but if I remember correctly then Blink is at least Tier 2. By the time you've got it your enemy should have more than just Zerglings.

Base defenses are pretty shitty at the moment.. you can hardly bunker yourself in at all unless you mass cannons etc. There's more ways to sneak units into your base than ways to defend (Warp Prism, Cloak, Blink, Cliff walking/jumping, Nydus Worm, Warpgates+pylon).

Eulogy wrote:I know its not SC1 but it is still starcraft and still carries the name... if Blizzard wanted to make a totally new game they should have come up with a new name for it and changed the unit names/looks. for example... MW1/2 GoW1/2 RoC/TFT. and Halo 1 through 3. Using the excuse thats its made almost 15 years after the first one is no excuse to make everything retardedly unbalanced
Actually I like those games most which went through major changes.
Take Bioshock 2 for example. The game is great. It's just like Bioshock 1, but more shiny, has more features new guns and enemies etc. And that's why it sucks - it's just a bit better than what we already know (Bioshock 1). There's nothing new to it. Just an old game improved and polished.

Oh I love arguements Very Happy

Eulogy wrote:still a good game for UMS
When you finished serving in the Canadian ar... ehh.. in Earth's planetary defense force you'll have to serve in my Interplanetary Marine Corpse, got that? Very Happy
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-29
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Wed 31 Mar 2010, 20:00
lol I use Notepad++ as well ^^
mvly
mvly
PFC
PFC
realm_1
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2010-03-04

Fri 02 Apr 2010, 00:30
wait wait wait
does where did you guys get ur cracked betas??
i dled mine off torrent but it gets errored up while installing
Biberkrieger84
Biberkrieger84
SSG
SSG
realm_3

Fri 02 Apr 2010, 03:15
Hopefully the editor will be noob-friendly. I need to make some maps too.
The Old-Starcraft Editor was somehow very good, especially the non-offical ones.
Asgard_Ragna
Asgard_Ragna
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-01-20

Fri 02 Apr 2010, 12:37
Wow I just realized I got a beta key Smile They must have sent him with a later wave, last time I checked I didn't have one.
Sath
Sath
MG
MG
realm_3
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Pp_fou10
Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net

Fri 02 Apr 2010, 13:04
mvly wrote:wait wait wait
does where did you guys get ur cracked betas??
i dled mine off torrent but it gets errored up while installing

we Cannot help for that sorry Smile

@asgard : now people with beta key can send an invite to a friends i think

heh you r a lucky guy
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Fri 02 Apr 2010, 13:26
Wow, congrats Agsard Very Happy
At least one from our forum got a key.

Still waiting for mine, grrrr.

Biberkrieger84 wrote:Hopefully the editor will be noob-friendly. I need to make some maps too.
The Old-Starcraft Editor was somehow very good, especially the non-offical ones.
Well, after tinkering with the game files a little I can tell you that the editor will be damn powerful. But I have the feeling that we'll be overwhelmed by a massive amount of options Razz

Last edited by s3rius on Fri 02 Apr 2010, 13:28; edited 1 time in total
Asgard_Ragna
Asgard_Ragna
COL
COL
realm_3

Fri 02 Apr 2010, 13:26
http://www.softsailor.com/news/20779-additional-starcraft-2-beta-keys-sent-to-players-that-are-already-beta-testing.html

If I get one I will sent it to you if you want.

I suggest you look at your b.net account again, as far as I know a new wave of keys has been released today.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Sat 03 Apr 2010, 19:43
Asgard_Ragna wrote:I suggest you look at your b.net account again, as far as I know a new wave of keys has been released today.
No luck for me, yet.

More stuff. Some chinese people have found out how to create heroes in SC2 and stuffed them full of some custom spells.

I've just played a round and made some screencaps for you guys to drool over.
Some comments are included with most images.

StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen24StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen25StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen26StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen27StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen28StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen29StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen30StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen31StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen32StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen33StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen34StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 3 Screen35

(1 img accidently double, but I don't want to go through the wall of code to filter it out ^^)

At the moment the mod includes a Terran Ghost hero and a Protoss High Templar. No Zerg hero yet.

I also want to point out that the custom spells are made without using any scripting, but purely by XML-editing (that'd be the same as only using WC3's object editor). Spells like that were possible even in WC3, but only by heavily scripting them.
Now that we can use the game's data editor (once it's released lol) to code sophisticated spells that'll open up many new possibilities. Spells will be more efficient in performance as there is no scripting included; they will be less bugged and easier to make. It'll save us coders a lot of trouble and make life so much easier :]
Asgard_Ragna
Asgard_Ragna
COL
COL
realm_3

Sat 03 Apr 2010, 20:46
I'm so what of in love with that editor. I mean, I suck at Starcraft, really, but Galaxy will eat a whole lot of my time!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum