Go down
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 2 Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 2 Empty Re: StarCraft 2 release !!

Wed 12 Aug 2009, 15:02
Eulogy wrote:sc2 is as differant from sc as it is from wc3, only knowing the original helps slightly yes but... the other thing is that sc took/takes more skill than wc3 ladder... which is the main reason th sc gamers are winning vs the wc3 pro's.

Warcraft 3 players are used to controling small groups of units, focusing their attention on every single unit and trying to use them to their full extend.
In WC3 you rarely have more than one expansion.
You almost never fight at two places at once, but you bundle your forces for single fights.

In SC1 you're used to controlling small armies of 50 and more units, a single unit is not that important (unless it's some special) and it's more about quick movement of larger groups in combat than about controling a single unit (exceptions, of course. Rushes, etc).
Depending on what race you have you could have half a dozen expansions that need to be protected.
Drops and backdoor assaults are much more common. Good players learnt how to attack at several points in the same time.

SC2 is much more like SC1 and is even farther away from WC3 than SC1 is.
The specific skills you aquire as a SC player help you much more than what you use in WC3.

Apart from that most WC3 players suck big times while SC players made their job an art.

Tamer wrote:
Eulogy wrote:sc2 is as differant from sc as it is from wc3, only knowing the original helps slightly yes but... the other thing is that sc took/takes more skill than wc3 ladder... which is the main reason th sc gamers are winning vs the wc3 pro's.

I'm not sure on what grounds you can make such a statement. The WC3 pros don't use the WC3 ladder at all...
Actually many do (or did). Under fake names, that is.

And about all that beta stuff:
Blizzard said they are going to start a beta soon, they've created a beta opt-in in the b.net accounts and they have apologized many times that the beta still did not start.
Now that's what I call a beta.

I'm pretty sure that they haven't started a real pros-only beta yet (of course I am aware that several progamers already played it), because then it would have been leaked somewhere. If not the game itself, then at least the information that there's a beta running already.
Also, the upcoming beta is not only to balance the game (you're right that casuals aren't the best basis for balance issues, however they shouldn't be ignored totally), but also to check the new battle.net's stability and hardware/software issues, because that can't be tested by Blizzard themselves.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 2 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-01-26
http://www.edge.ca

Wed 12 Aug 2009, 18:15
Tamer wrote:

I'm not sure on what grounds you can make such a statement. The WC3 pros don't use the WC3 ladder at all...

LOL yes they do... they dont even use differant names as s3rius said.. I played JUTAI on 2v2 ladder a few weeks ago with Kumar_ he was the #1 American player for like 3 years and was ranked first in solo ladder for awhile. The entire game Kumar and I were basically cutting our wrists trying to play this guys Orc lol

But s3rius to clear up the whole "which pro's are playing it to help test" thing its basically every top 16 member and old pro's who still play ect.

People who I can think of are

Nal_Ra
YelloW
Bisu
Testie
Nada
Boxer
Hwasin
Light
Tempest
White-Ra
Sen
Midas
Draco
Vical ect. ect. ect.

they are putting heavy testing through the sc pro's (and wc3 ones but i only know like 4 of their names) and listening to their critisism over the game to change small things.
Tamer
Tamer
1SG
1SG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-26

Wed 12 Aug 2009, 21:38
Eulogy wrote:LOL yes they do... they dont even use differant names as s3rius said.. I played JUTAI on 2v2 ladder a few weeks ago with Kumar_ he was the #1 American player for like 3 years and was ranked first in solo ladder for awhile.

I don't remember having seen that Jutai guy in any international competition : blizzard invitational, WCG, ESWC, WC3L, etc.

You'll have to bring me some sources before I consider this guy a pro, because right now I don't see him qualifying even as a semi-pro... and being #1 on East/West ladder in the last 3 years really doesn't mean anything imo

=> I have friends who made it in #1 solo ladder back in 2004 or 2005, they were not pro and there were no pros on the ladder even then (except maybe on kalimdor)
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Thu 13 Aug 2009, 03:46
Umm Jutai was #1 American player for 3 years not solo #1, solo #1 was only currently, and he has played and beat Ted so I really doesnt think it matters if you've seen him or not... lmao

I've never personally watched any of GoodFriend's matches on SC but he was still top 16 lol and if you make it to #1 ladder spot in Solo chances are you are semi-pro or just really good at Orc abuse =/ lol either way you will rape most players.

Lol just for you right now I searched up Jutai and you can see he was mYm, iNt, and -RE... google for 5 seconds lol xD he is Also part of CF who just took First place for Blizzards private clan Tournament based on rankings. Just found that out ^^
Tamer
Tamer
1SG
1SG
realm_1

Thu 13 Aug 2009, 08:57
Eulogy wrote:Umm Jutai was #1 American player for 3 years not solo #1, solo #1 was only currently, and he has played and beat Ted so I really doesnt think it matters if you've seen him or not... lmao

Don't you think the #1 American player would have represented the US at least once to the WCG or ESWC?? Don't you think the #1 American would have played in the WC3L when teams like RS Gaming, Check 6, United 5, verGe Gaming, starComa.Tagan Int. and KoD all have seen WC3L action? These are all US based teams and most of the players in these teams were not even semi-pros, there's no way the #1 American player would not have played with them or some other WC3L team.

Oh, sure, if you consider a good player a "pro", Jutai may be one, but in my book: a pro is someone that makes a living out of what he does and there are no pro American players, not even SonkiE or LongWalk, who made it 1 and 2 the last blizzard regional finals. Oh, and btw, Jutai wasn't in the top8 in US either...

Eulogy wrote:Lol just for you right now I searched up Jutai and you can see he was mYm, iNt, and -RE... google for 5 seconds lol xD he is Also part of CF who just took First place for Blizzards private clan Tournament based on rankings. Just found that out ^^

link to blizzard's clan tournaments? I see Jutai as a member of cGz right now...and the only thing I found relating Jutai to mYm is an account on the website, on which he hasn't logged on for over a year.
Darth_Bebi
Darth_Bebi
CPL
CPL
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-01

Mon 17 Aug 2009, 06:50
WOOT!! bout time, cant wait for release date Very Happy
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Mon 17 Aug 2009, 12:20
more clips!
http://kotaku.com/5338794/a-couple-of-starcraft-ii-gameplay-clips
the first clip shows how there could be good stuff to use for DOTD: roads and trees and trees on fire ^_^

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Sath
Sath
MG
MG
realm_3
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 2 Pp_fou10
Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net

Mon 17 Aug 2009, 13:08
omfg you made me found this one i never saw Smile

Spoiler:

that seriously smell the movie o_O
Tamer
Tamer
1SG
1SG
realm_1

Mon 17 Aug 2009, 18:10
that was released about a year ago and in terms of graphical quality it is a relatively small notch above WC3:TFT's cinematics

so, no, it does not smell the movie, more like the "standard" SC2 cinematics Razz
aChiiies
aChiiies
2LT
2LT
realm_2
Regist Date : 2009-02-07

Tue 18 Aug 2009, 03:56
LOL korean #10 ranked player prob can beat american #1 ranked.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
StarCraft 2 release !! - Page 2 Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Tue 18 Aug 2009, 14:36
Mishotaki wrote:the first clip shows how there could be good stuff to use for DOTD: roads and trees and trees on fire ^_^
Good stuff. Quote from the report on the same website:

Spoiler:
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 18 Aug 2009, 19:24
lol zombies!
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Tue 18 Aug 2009, 19:35
Koreans actually arent that amazing at this game most of the top players arent kor.. still asian but not kor lol xD Regardless Jutai did play WCG fyi lol and if you don't know who he is then its a shame he beat TED like I said, you know who TED is dont you tamer?

ofcourse I must add Orc is Imba and thats the race Jutai plays. lol by the way GoodFriend was in my clan on SC, ]i[ team, F0ru was in D2K on west for god knows what reason and Bisu used to be in Shield which was full of C- players... The fact that he plays with smaller branch teams doesnt mean much considering two of the top 16 for starcraft played with groups who couldnt even get past D+ lol
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 18 Aug 2009, 23:13
Eulogy wrote:The fact that he plays with smaller branch teams doesnt mean much considering two of the top 16 for starcraft played with groups who couldnt even get past D+ lol
you gotta start somewhere ^_^
Tamer
Tamer
1SG
1SG
realm_1

Wed 19 Aug 2009, 00:36
Eulogy wrote:Regardless Jutai did play WCG fyi

The WC3 USA players at WCG in the last 5 years are :

2008 - Nikolaus "SonKiE" Cassidy
2007 - Phil "LongWalk" Crawford
2006 - Franklin "Nilknarf" Pearsall
2005 - Dennis "Shortround" Chan, Matthew "Wizard" Anderson, Jeff "PureE" Bliss
2004 - Same as 2005 except for Joe "Shock" Anderson who has been replaced by PureE

http://www.wcg.com/6th/history/Countries/countries_result.asp?i_natno=75&wis_code=N3N01

So, did Jutai changed his nickname in the meanwhile, or played for another country or else... ?

Eulogy wrote: lol and if you don't know who he is then its a shame he beat TED like I said, you know who TED is dont you tamer?

What's your point with this? I already recognized Jutai as a good player, he's just not a pro.

Beating a pro doesn't make you one as anybody losses to worse players once in a while. So, again, congratulations for beating Jutai in 2v2, but the WC3 pros still don't use the ladder... and, again, if you consider any good player a pro, we're not talking about the same thing.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Wed 19 Aug 2009, 03:56
umm what? I never said I beat Jutai.. how the hell would I ever beat Jutai? he beat me n Kumar by himself his partner barely did anything lol
btw you dont need to be Representing your country to play at WCG. I've been twice to WCG and once to old PGT its always the same faces lol
BTW I searched USA players for WCG and there are WAY more than five names... lol like hundreds of names xD
Tamer
Tamer
1SG
1SG
realm_1

Wed 19 Aug 2009, 06:06
Eulogy wrote:umm what? I never said I beat Jutai.. how the hell would I ever beat Jutai? he beat me n Kumar by himself his partner barely did anything lol

oh...I thought you had beat him lol

Eulogy wrote:btw you dont need to be Representing your country to play at WCG. I've been twice to WCG and once to old PGT its always the same faces lol
BTW I searched USA players for WCG and there are WAY more than five names... lol like hundreds of names xD

I was obviously talking about the finals... you know... where you get medals and a big cash prize if you win?
Tamer
Tamer
1SG
1SG
realm_1

Sun 23 Aug 2009, 07:20
So, Dustin Browder pretty confirmed in private (read: unofficially) that the beta would be in November or December.

http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1231

And by "beta", I mean the beta we care about, not the beta that some of you so oh-wittingly-and-uselessly reminded me that was already started.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Thu 11 Feb 2010, 01:38
OMG SC2 closed beta is gonna be available this month!
http://kotaku.com/5469024/starcraft-ii-closed-beta-launches-this-month
sure, we have to dust off a thread like this to announce it in... and Kotaku "says" that it will be released this year in "mid-2010"

i laugh at that... i say 2011 Razz
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-29
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Thu 11 Feb 2010, 04:07
knowing blizzard thats most likely true.
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-06-02

Thu 11 Feb 2010, 10:24
They already had one Closed Beta Test... and that was last year.. this one just seems bigger So sure they are getting A LOT closer to release but i'm guessing probably late 2010 at the earliest maybe beginning of 2011
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-29
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Thu 11 Feb 2010, 15:21
if you guess the earliest release would be the beginning 2011, how would you also then say it could be released late in 2010?? lol ^^
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Thu 11 Feb 2010, 15:28
Gimli.SoG wrote:if you guess the earliest release would be the beginning 2011, how would you also then say it could be released late in 2010?? lol ^^
we all know Blizzard don't do "earlier than expected" Razz
Biberkrieger84
Biberkrieger84
SSG
SSG
realm_3
Regist Date : 2009-03-12

Fri 12 Mar 2010, 22:57
I played Starcraft 2 a bit now.
Nice game but one thing:
The Banshee of the Terrans is a helicopter, ok. But how could it fly in space? The map Scraped Station for example. Its a space station with no air.

Edit: Dont ask me, why i can play it. I have a beta-key. Trust me. Mr.Red *hust* *hust*

Last edited by Biberkrieger84 on Fri 12 Mar 2010, 22:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed Something^^)
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-06-02

Fri 12 Mar 2010, 23:06
it's ok Biber. most people know now that you don't have to have a beta key to play some SC2. (:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum