TitanDeath
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1
[DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic - Page 9 Pp_vis10
Regist Date : 2010-10-09

[DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic - Page 9 Empty Re: [DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic

Fri 19 Nov 2010, 00:03
You should create more amunition for secodary weapons. I hate it when I find something good and I can`t refill it.
hmmm
hmmm
2LT
2LT
realm_7
Regist Date : 2010-05-28

Fri 19 Nov 2010, 04:09
agree to titan, its sometime u found a weapon like taurus ranging bull,but u cant refill it.its sucks
HorstRabe
HorstRabe
1LT
1LT
realm_3
[DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic - Page 9 Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2009-07-19

Mon 22 Nov 2010, 16:39
Add some little surprises. Easy things, that are more or less USELESS. I got a few ideas for secrets that maybe are never found out. (But they make the game a lot more interesting, because ppl want to find out the secrets.)
Korox
Korox
1SG
1SG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2010-08-08

Tue 23 Nov 2010, 00:56
Along the lines of Horst's Idea, Maybe you could make this super-insane combination of items that would lead to a superweapon that could only be used once. However you have to figure out which weapon goes where. For example, someone gets the Silver Access Card, and then the impaler. They then use the impaler at a certain spot (that they TOTALLY did NOT find by accident :p) and get it swapped out for a better gun /w less ammunition. You do that a few times and eventually you have a superweapon (maybe to be used against the last boss?). Also, for each different weapon there could be different spots and combinations. Although I'm not quite sure how well that would work on the coding side of things:?
Rookie
Rookie
MSG
MSG
realm_7
Regist Date : 2010-10-22

Tue 23 Nov 2010, 02:54
how about when your character is infected and reaches the hp of 0,he dies/transforms into a tough zombie which has high armor and has high hp.BUT,the player whose character turns into the zombie after being infected cannot control that zombie Very Happy Idea
HorstRabe
HorstRabe
1LT
1LT
realm_3

Tue 23 Nov 2010, 13:36
We discussed this now long enough Rookie, I think Gim got it Wink

Sounds nice Korox, but I think it is not possible, maybe some minor secrets are enough and not hard to code (got no experiences!)
Rookie
Rookie
MSG
MSG
realm_7

Tue 23 Nov 2010, 13:59
lol,discussed?i expect more of an actual discussion that your so-called last time discussion.
anyways,i just wanted to make it sure. Smile Very Happy
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
[DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic - Page 9 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-07-29
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Tue 23 Nov 2010, 14:30
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
if i only had more time in the week I could actually try some of these ideas, even if they seem a bit tricky to code. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to modify the current save code system so one can actually keep WO exp from game to game. I also want to add that ability to "discharge" ammunition loaded in a secondary weapon.
HorstRabe
HorstRabe
1LT
1LT
realm_3

Tue 23 Nov 2010, 17:34
Don´t overdo it with Ideas and new things like s3rius did in B8.
They were fine, no offence, but it just took much too long to come out.
Too much things happen to have many bugs -> Better just make a more balanced game (harder!), bugfixes if there are any, and implement Discharge ability. Heavier things in time (I think Medals System is enough -.-)
Korox
Korox
1SG
1SG
realm_1

Sat 27 Nov 2010, 23:02
Maybe we could add in a few mroe random weather effects, such as wind and snow? I don't think that will be TOO complicated, so it may not affect the release date all that much
Caliking420
Caliking420
PFC
PFC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2010-07-27

Sat 04 Dec 2010, 18:28
i agree with the idea about a cyborg class. was my favorite unit it undead assault. and i think it would make a fine addition to dotd. i have a good model for it if you are interested in it.(the only fall back to it is it shoots arrows but energy arrows. i use the model in my legion TD map i made. it looks sick and could work.Maybe vehicles of some sort to? like a mech unit to fight the last "mega boss". idk. changes would be cool though. mainly i think new classes would spice things up. I also think sniper should be made worth playing(he kinda sux)his sniping ability doesnt seem to work. and his other abilities arent to different from marksman excluding claymore which btw allies should be able to see so they arent standing on it. I also think barricades should be available besides just the radar tower mission. and maybe a civilian convoy mission? i realize missions make the map have more data and possibly unplayable sooo perhaps some things could be cut out? Also i think firebat shield time needs 2 be fixed. it goes away in like 2 seconds. (almost useless). I think cyborg should be like machinegunner but with rockets and possibilly able to build little robot fighters or medics (or both) kinda like field tech with the demo ability and the healing. i agree with everyone about the sheep to. Also im not trying to be resident evil but i love the nemesis! perhaps a boss like that that shoots rockets? muahahaha would be sick. If you need help with editing i have some knowledge and have done some editing myself. Also i think there should be items that help you find ammo and medical supplies. Perhaps a beacon scanner? or somthing similar. And the Battfield Control should have an ability that calls in reinforcements for officers (like a squad of 4 rifleman, sniper, firebat, mg) and perhaps evan a final battle for last mission. let the calvary show up, tanks helicopters battalions and a horde of zombiez with a sweet cinematic! I'm full of ideas so if you need insight message me Gimli. i dont always check forums as im sure you know but perhaps leave a message with gimli bot for me to check? ok well thats all i will type for now or you will end up with an essay

affraid
Fluffysaur
Fluffysaur
MSG
MSG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2010-10-05

Thu 09 Dec 2010, 02:06
I disagree on the Cyborg idea. I'd prefer for the game to be more realistic and less like UA2.
TeeUU
TeeUU
RC
RC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2011-02-05

Sun 06 Feb 2011, 09:22
There should be a jump button cause walking around sometimes takes incredibly long. Also the mission becomes monotonous as there aren't any alternate ones. I definitely second the idea of alternate missions : D
Fluffysaur
Fluffysaur
MSG
MSG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2010-10-05

Sun 06 Feb 2011, 22:57
Jump is not in DotD for quite a few reasons.

Alternate missions is a concept that has been around for a long time.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Mon 07 Feb 2011, 12:46
jump is a bad idea and seriously unrealistic...
"hey guys, let's jump on the first floor of this building"
or a good way to get stuck or enemies can't reach you...

alternate missions was planned a long time ago.. but the condition with s3rius was to finish the storyline before that...

as for one suggestion to add:
change the loading screen, put the new forum URL there...
and add one more dogtag besides s3rius with gimli.sog in it
Afrizal2
Afrizal2
SG
SG
realm_7
Regist Date : 2010-09-07

Mon 07 Feb 2011, 14:44
btw guys if DOTD have new version map already made not by hackers ofcourse plz tell me the URL so that i can download n play at War3 Twisted Evil zombie lol!
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 08 Feb 2011, 02:00
well since this is the official place where it is made... and we refuse to help those hackers...
you will always find the latest version of the game here...

while the admin forums got examples of idiots registering here with the same nicknames and avatars than on "hacker" forums and saying "please hack this map soon! it's killing me!"
to that i respond: "it's much more fun looking at their failed cracks!"

fun fact: they still haven't made a working crack of it!

"when i tried to open it with CENSORED it gives fatal error. i tried to deprotect it, but resulted unsuccessfully. thanks for helping if you try..."
"Deprotected."
"still got fatal error"
"The topic author asked for deprotection. Is it so hard to understand that? He didn't ask to rebuild the map."

ain't it epic to know that those badass hackers are so lazy?
personally, i'd try giving 10 bucks to gimli Razz

and i'd recommend he then publicly announce the real e-mail adress, real name of the person, his nickname and hardcode ban him from the game in the next version ^_^
Korox
Korox
1SG
1SG
realm_1

Tue 08 Feb 2011, 03:48
Mishotaki wrote:jump is a bad idea and seriously unrealistic...

There are functions that prevent you from jumping to a higher elevation, as well as getting stuck inside a wall, or something. There are also more functions that can kill a hero if they jump from X elevation, as well as get a fracture if they jump from Y elevation.
The functions themselves would have to be implemented, but other than that the only problem that I see with it is the unrealisticality of it. I mean okay, who can jump 2+ meters, while turning and shooting an enemy with pinpoint accuracy, while spinning, and being able to land running with no hindrance at all due to the speed at which the person turns.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 08 Feb 2011, 13:16
Korox wrote:
Mishotaki wrote:jump is a bad idea and seriously unrealistic...

There are functions that prevent you from jumping to a higher elevation, as well as getting stuck inside a wall, or something. There are also more functions that can kill a hero if they jump from X elevation, as well as get a fracture if they jump from Y elevation.
The functions themselves would have to be implemented, but other than that the only problem that I see with it is the unrealisticality of it. I mean okay, who can jump 2+ meters, while turning and shooting an enemy with pinpoint accuracy, while spinning, and being able to land running with no hindrance at all due to the speed at which the person turns.
ok then... why would you jump if not for going up/down buildings?
fast evasion?

also to implement it in the way you're saying would take a LONG time... and would break many things in the game...

"ok the boss is coming! JUMP DOWN THE BUILDING! so he has to go around and be killed easily!"
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
[DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic - Page 9 Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Tue 08 Feb 2011, 17:25
You forget that, even though it isn't represented in the game, buildings are generally more than 2 metres high. Especially considering DotD takes place in the future.

I even heard rumors some people jump from buildings to kill themselves D:
xRiotZx
xRiotZx
SSG
SSG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2010-06-19

Thu 10 Feb 2011, 18:32
More missions. No new common items, but new 'rare' items, like the M109, things like that.. Napalm MGL etc. As you know I am a map maker, and I know you probably don't have as many of the WE skills S3rius does, so if you ever need any help with coding, ideas, terraining, anything really PM me.

New Classes: New classes can be added very easily.. Make a copy unit of the AH-Blackhawk or whatever it is called, I don't remember its exact name, then replace the copies classes with your new classes, and add a trigger, where when you hit the escape button, (or anything else you can come up with), while the helicopter is still landed, selects the copied helicopter so that it seems you are still using the original helicopter, but it is a different unit entirely. Make sure you set the units MDX file to ".mdl" or anything it can't read, so that it will be invisible in-game.

More Officer Benefits: Right now there aren't enough benefits from being an officer, so ranking up to anything above Major, isn't fun because playability has decayed, and you don't get much benefit from doing so. I got to LTC so I could get Expertise, and I haven't saved for a long time since.

Parachute: One other thing, there should be a parachute item, allowing you to drop from a cliff to ground level (0) with a minimum height of two (2) or three (3). It would be extremely rare so not everyone had one an abused the *** out of it.

Jump System: Jump is a horrible idea, I used jump in my map, and had to remove it because of how buggy it is.. There are a few tremendous bugs in the system. The only one of which you can prevent, is jumping to a higher elevation. Don't add jump. It would be make your map more maneuverable and fun if you could keep it from glitching an being abused. D:

Aesthetics: You really need to make the map appeal more.. There isn't much eye-candy, and some things are done sloppy, like the UI for instance, there is a long thin line next to the mini-map, I know how to fix it, and I already have done so in my map. Selection circles, custom selection circles would be a nice touch also. You generally need more import utilization overall.
Rookie
Rookie
MSG
MSG
realm_7

Sat 19 Feb 2011, 11:29
the map should be re-done,honestly speaking,it kinda looks weird.there are no houses like in notd-am or any structure of any kind.i suggest houses be put along with some other fence,garden or whatever.i meant,this looks like it isnt the home of the inhabitants of san franciso...it looks more like homes of hobbits from lotr(LOL)
anyway,this may sound harsh but i'm just suggesting,not scolding or anthing angry-related...i'm just tryng to help improve the asthetics of the map Very Happy
sengjung123
sengjung123
SG
SG
realm_7
Regist Date : 2010-07-17

Sat 19 Feb 2011, 12:16
Fixes:
Maximum CPR held is 6, not 5 as stated in game.

New items:
hell mode should have its own set of better primary items instead of just getting the so called "best item from nightmare" eg: in nm, we have the aa12 shotgun and towards the end-game, we have the usas shotgun. but in hell, we have usas shotgun and nothing more. There should be a better set of secondary items with ammos that you can find instead of throwing it away after it finishes.
Better misc. items please. like laser sights that gives faster firing, +x damage, lesser chance to miss and gives a tiny plus in crit.
Better ammunition for heroes to carry, eg: liquified nitrogen bullets that gives a chance to freeze the zombies, or explosive bullets that deals a bit of damage to surrounding zombies, say 230 radius.
Items:
drop a bit more items for survival in hell mode.
extend the amount of clips you can hold to 70.
add chainguns or 50 cal. portable guns as primary items to mg.
50 cal. portable guns: guns that can hit zombies when used. 20 charges maximum. ammo: 50 cal ammo. shown as white box.
maximum ammo box you can carry changed to 30.

Spells:
maybe you should change the cooldown for medics in hell mode. the nano and blood transfer cd is too slow. a -1 or -2 secs should be enough.
More droids for field techies.
Add a new unique spell to all heroes that have maxed out on all skills.

Zombies:
add a new zombie named smoker.
Smoker Details:
-size of normal zombies but black in colour
-traps its enemies, making it unable to move so that its fellow zombies can attack.
-fairly low hp due to its human life chain-smoking.
Mutated zombies:
-green in colour, same size of normal zombies
-thicker hp, stronger attack.
-slow speed

Ranks:
Introduce a new rank: Sergeant Major of the Army at 12k points(SMA)
Introduce a new rank: General of the Army at 85k points.(GA)
no maximum point limit

AI SRT:
sgt maddigan upgraded into 7th signal command when he comes back

storyline edit:
White and his team meet up with lt. kimberly instead of only white so that the next mission can be unlocked. so PROTECT THEM!!!

Storyline:
After the 3 apc mission(kim and white goes into apc too)[white goes in if he is not dead], the surviving teams received a transmission from col white(they are in charge of firing a bio bomb and blowing this place up) lt kim snatches the transmission and says that they will try to meet up with us. seems that they cant fire the bomb as it is too heavy to equip it on the plane. so he wants us to set a timed charge to the highest ground so fallout would me maximum. but it seems that a new zombie has been spotted coming out from a nearby lab(no prizes for guessing which lab). White wants us to eliminate that zombie.
After killing that zombie(melee with 200 dmg, 10k hp with 50 armour that is vulnerable to firebat), they found a tape from the cctv. Turns out that white's info was wrong. There were 3 zombies: only one is in the lab. Pinged other 2. random places. pts awarded.
Bomb dropped. turns out that a component could not survive the drop. Upgraded Sgt Maddigan team of 5 sent to one of the 2 heli spots(hi again)[the choosing and pick-up spots for first mission]. went back to bio lab again. bio lab door suddenly shuts. traps everyone inside. have to find a switch and shoot the mutated hunters and smokers inside. Reaper spawned. Found barricades beside the switch[only sgt maddigan can flip it in case of noobs] that said: warning: if flipped, barricade to stop basement(the dent at the far end of the lab) test subjects from coming up. of cause, there is a alarm that attracts other zombies once door is opened. monstorisity spawned a few meters away from entrance of lab. after getting the part, bomb[misc item] is formed. radioactive bomb gives -1 hp regen and slows down the person that carries it(at first maddigan carries it. if he dies, bomb is dropped. but mission does not end.) carry it to the high ground beside radar tower. plant the bomb at the highest part. after planting, mission pass. bonus if sgt maddigan survives. [every ai srt upgraded][more soldiers dropping in to mob control all around the map]If he dies, white takes over speaking control.
now time to escape. sgt maddigan wants to hotwire a vehicle to get out of the place. and so we take a train and modify it. goes to train depot.[all ai marines that are dropped shall try and go to train depot] maddigan says that he needs a few parts. wheels from nearby apc, parts from power terminal and a special power source and armour that is shipped in by sea(the harbour again)(white and kim's team appears there)[parts obtained one by one so you cant rush all together]. Either monstrosity or cerberus will be spawned at each checkpoint. By now, some surviving mutated zombies have multiplied and will be taking over the normal zombies. after all the parts are pased to maddigan, sgt maddigan, lt kim, white and all surviving soldiers will go inside the train. but as you get in, a big zombie comes towards the train depot. what is it? its our dead professor, only to have been mutsted with the plant and tries to destroy the transport. it is almost impossible to kill it without slowing it or trapping it, as it has 60k hit points. melee attack that can 1 hit ko anything. but slow attack and about 180 ms(have fun killing it,dudes).
-Fail: cinematic will show how the train explodes, killing everyone inside the train, and causing a chain reaction to the depot, which kills all of you.
Pass: cinimetic shows you escaping into the train tunnel to another city, while the bio bomb explodes, mass killing everything. cinematic cant be skipped. game ends and you can save. points awarded for every srt soldier that survives. bonus awarded for survival of kim, maddigan and white.

ps: always wondered what weapon General Thorn would hold. Maybe create a new sector after this final has been completed.

Last edited by sengjung123 on Tue 22 Feb 2011, 07:48; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : new ideas)
hmmm
hmmm
2LT
2LT
realm_7
Regist Date : 2010-05-28

Sat 19 Feb 2011, 14:31
too bad our load code cant hold unlimited,and the clips extend to 70 is just too much,don't really need to do at increasing clips.

and make Medical Suit Enhancer to be enable for hell mode
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum