realm_1
[DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic - Page 2 Pp_fre10
Regist Date : 2010-04-19

[DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic - Page 2 Empty Medic

Tue 05 Oct 2010, 16:21
For the Medic

Can you reduce the Cooldowns on transfusion and
increase the effectiveness of steroids
**Maybe also replace the 2nd skill of the medic with the ability to create a first aid kit of 1 charge? No one uses the 2nd skill
additionally can you increase the drop rate of medical enhancer suits, I always have to pass up the rp's
Maybe increase his mana regen rate
Make the cpr work instantly, many times ppl get fragged just trying to get 1 peep revived
Make the sprint last longer on medic
Akimbo the desert eagle

Maybe unlock the full effect of these buffs once you reach a certain rank or once you have achieved medals

**Thats Lisantheus idea from isles of the dead
In any mode usually the medic has not time to treat all the players and they get wasted

Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
[DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic - Page 2 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-07-29
http://www.dotd-stars.com

[DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: [DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic

Tue 05 Oct 2010, 18:02
Keep the ideas flowing guys, already planning on putting two of your ideas in Teniente. Post good ideas and they'll make it into beta9!!
HorstRabe
HorstRabe
1LT
1LT
realm_3
[DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic - Page 2 Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2009-07-19

Tue 05 Oct 2010, 20:03
@Tenienteman: i think your ideas mentioned (except lisianthuss) would make the game extremely unbalanced, i wonder which two ideas gimli means. no offence dude, most of the changes would make medic imba and Ironman therefore stupid (not to mention all classes would have to be also (im-)balanced to the medic.

ideas:

add a net-luncher, that has a maximum stack of about 20. it does the same like engineers NET, and he can refill it with his REFILL ability for about 5 nets per use.

add grenade box item, that can be found from time to time (lying on the ground), max stack 9, 3 grenades per grenade box: can be thrown wile walking, explodes after 2 seconds somewhere around the thrown area (more exact if thrown standing) for about 600 damage in the center of explosion (can set explosives etc. off!)

give creeps with evasion more hitpoints, less evasion, and a high chance to reduce incoming damage

give all creeps a chance to reduce incoming damage (bosses got lower chance), and a chance to critically hit the target (realistic!)
give all meele-creeps a very little lifesteal (realistic, zombie eats brainzzzzzz and gets happy)

i dont know if that works, but you could increase damage to attacking or near gargoyles (because they fly down to the ground)

add the same chance to fracture a zombies arm or leg, or to damage there eyes, for every marine, like they have (realistic, take it back, damn zombie!)

fit the ability hole between colonel and general with (more or less useless) things like:

creeps that got evasion of 70% for example can be hit more often by a ranked brigadier general (like reducing evasion to 55% for bgs, or increase their hit change by 15%; i dont know if that works in warcraft3)

add a radar detection ability for high ranked officers in the battlefield control that pings the detected target every 2 seconds for one dark red blinking light on the minimap (a bit like designation)

TenienteMani
TenienteMani
CPL
CPL
realm_1

Tue 05 Oct 2010, 21:09
I said every idea so that maybe he can pick a couple lol

Anyways the seals from the submarine mission should bring something else than just agent OJ and be invulnerable peeps kill em for the weapons
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 05 Oct 2010, 22:07
I will read through your ideas when I get home horst. About the two ideas, you have to understand I am reading these ideas in this thread from an objective stand point understanding (at least hopefully understanding) how they are done in the "code". So ideas really aren't directly related, if I can use that word, to what you will see put into the map.

In other words, I "translate" what I read here into something I think will fit nicely into dotd. I will credit the poster for the idea, but "my version" of the idea will go into the map. Hope that didn't make things even more confusing lol. I can clarify if you need.
Fluffysaur
Fluffysaur
MSG
MSG
realm_1
[DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic - Page 2 Pp_vis10
Regist Date : 2010-10-05

Wed 06 Oct 2010, 02:38
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but how about an "old school" mode with just waves?
hmmm
hmmm
2LT
2LT
realm_7
Regist Date : 2010-05-28

Wed 06 Oct 2010, 05:09
Gimli.SoG wrote:I will read through your ideas when I get home horst. About the two ideas, you have to understand I am reading these ideas in this thread from an objective stand point understanding (at least hopefully understanding) how they are done in the "code". So ideas really aren't directly related, if I can use that word, to what you will see put into the map.

hmmm wrote:replace the sniper's sniper shot with unit pierce
that would be good

(cause when i use sniper shot the demage not even reach the demage i normaly fire i means critital
plus it take too much mp deal for that little dmg)

or maybe can add an handgun for the sniper cause i dun think an officer wont only carry an big gun come to battle field

maybe decrease sniper shot mana cost to 50

(it's just my idea so..throught that i know my idea maybe will make game a little im-balanced)
HorstRabe
HorstRabe
1LT
1LT
realm_3

Wed 06 Oct 2010, 14:59
got some more ideas:

increase the spawnrate of RedButcher and other MiniMinibosses

more Damage through "Attack Helicopter" - also add a Minimap Ping like the other bfcontrol abilities have, add a text message like: "Helicopters attacking targetted area, sir!"

Make Medevac and Attack Helicopter vulnerable for Gargoyles

let Madigan/White ... use a Flare gun from time to time around then (especially White, because his Team often dies because of that stupid Building-loving)

add a few burning cars on the Highway, unrealistic that there are only a few burning cars at the parking lot.

Bob´s Guns shop should always provide an Ammunition Box per game (just on rooftop)

re-add "The Swarm" side objective, from Beta 5 i think, sometimes in the downtimes after 2nd and 3rd mission

there is a way in the new factory, that can only be entered from above, which is a bug i think. IF it is, you could fix it, if not keep it (maybe ask s3r). (i mean that way between the right high floor and the middle lane of the factory)

Machine Gunners "Aeral Fragmentation Grenade" could light up the exploded area for 1 second

i think all my ideas would make the game more interesting and challenging of course Smile

Ps: got it gim Wink
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1

Wed 06 Oct 2010, 18:14
HorstRabe wrote:got some more ideas:

increase the spawnrate of RedButcher and other MiniMinibosses

more Damage through "Attack Helicopter" - also add a Minimap Ping like the other bfcontrol abilities have, add a text message like: "Helicopters attacking targetted area, sir!"

Make Medevac and Attack Helicopter vulnerable for Gargoyles
I kinda like this idea but I think this would be a little to difficult to pull off because the heli comes in at "random" spot, which the group would not be able to protect until it flew close by, plus there are several things that would need to be handled like the loading of corpses, etc.

HorstRabe wrote:let Madigan/White ... use a Flare gun from time to time around then (especially White, because his Team often dies because of that stupid Building-loving)

add a few burning cars on the Highway, unrealistic that there are only a few burning cars at the parking lot.

Bob´s Guns shop should always provide an Ammunition Box per game (just on rooftop)
It's funny you mention Bob's shop, were you in the beta test lol?

HorstRabe wrote:re-add "The Swarm" side objective, from Beta 5 i think, sometimes in the downtimes after 2nd and 3rd mission
That would be the Locust, and it is something I am thinking about.

HorstRabe wrote:there is a way in the new factory, that can only be entered from above, which is a bug i think. IF it is, you could fix it, if not keep it (maybe ask s3r). (i mean that way between the right high floor and the middle lane of the factory)

Machine Gunners "Aeral Fragmentation Grenade" could light up the exploded area for 1 second

i think all my ideas would make the game more interesting and challenging of course Smile

Ps: got it gim Wink
I will do my best to get some of the ideas posted here in this thread into the map, but I am holding the medal implementation, expanding the rank system, and adding a last mission pretty high on the things to do. Don't worry, after adding a timer to the first mission I will start on the medals ^^
Fluffysaur
Fluffysaur
MSG
MSG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2010-10-05

Wed 06 Oct 2010, 20:12
I'm MG more than half the time.. well.. all the time and that sounds like a spectacular idea about the aerial frag lighting up an area. It sounds tricky to code though.
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1

Wed 06 Oct 2010, 20:24
Well I could explain how I would do it (and I don't think it would be tricky at all actually), but lets think about it for a second, what attribute does an Aerial Frag Grenade have that has anything do to with line of sight? Realistically? Although that logic isn't completely fool proof because I think at least artillery strike gives you LoS, but thats because player 9 owns it.
HorstRabe
HorstRabe
1LT
1LT
realm_3

Wed 06 Oct 2010, 21:33
lol i just played mg and exactly what i wanted aeral frag grenade to do, already works. NEVERMIND!

no i wasn´t in the beta test, what was there?
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1

Wed 06 Oct 2010, 22:55
you'll have to wait and find out ^^
TenienteMani
TenienteMani
CPL
CPL
realm_1

Thu 07 Oct 2010, 00:36
Can you make Dawn of the Dead for Modern Warfare 2?
hmmm
hmmm
2LT
2LT
realm_7

Thu 07 Oct 2010, 04:30
Gimli.SoG wrote:
I will do my best to get some of the ideas posted here in this thread into the map, but I am holding the medal implementation, expanding the rank system, and adding a last mission pretty high on the things to do. Don't worry, after adding a timer to the first mission I will start on the medals ^^

whoops good news for me but i hope i wont be demote to col Mad blackeye
FitalityX
FitalityX
SGFC
SGFC
realm_7
Regist Date : 2010-03-22

Thu 07 Oct 2010, 09:08
Haha, true. Cant w8 to finally gt medals after all dis time. Hope theres finally a nice ending for the game, instead of the unstoppable force of sheep-o-copters :X
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1

Thu 07 Oct 2010, 14:25
Don't worry, I will put something in place where you can keep your current exp. But the exp system will be changed/expanded.

And yes, there will be a 'final' mission.
hmmm
hmmm
2LT
2LT
realm_7

Thu 07 Oct 2010, 14:38
Gimli.SoG wrote:Don't worry, I will put something in place where you can keep your current exp. But the exp system will be changed/expanded.

And yes, there will be a 'final' mission.

mean there are a new rank? Shocked
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1

Thu 07 Oct 2010, 18:07
Well adding the medals alone will require changing the save code so I can store what medal someone has/doesn't have. But yes for those few who have capped on exp there will be new obtainable ranks. I am adding them this week/weekend. These will be active in the next beta test.
HorstRabe
HorstRabe
1LT
1LT
realm_3

Thu 07 Oct 2010, 19:37
nice. new rankzz
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1

Thu 07 Oct 2010, 20:51
Ya the rank system is in place now, problem is they aren't "obtainable" lol. And after I make them obtainable I'll then have to figure out how to save them so you can carry them over to the next game lol. Very Happy lots to figure out
hmmm
hmmm
2LT
2LT
realm_7

Fri 08 Oct 2010, 13:58
haha gl on that Very Happy
hope i can join the beta test.. oh man no battle net are just bad
(garena suck)
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
[DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic - Page 2 Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Fri 08 Oct 2010, 14:42
Gimli.SoG wrote:Ya the rank system is in place now, problem is they aren't "obtainable" lol. And after I make them obtainable I'll then have to figure out how to save them so you can carry them over to the next game lol. Very Happy lots to figure out
You just have to remove the limits. The save code itself can hold 125k xp without needing to be changed, if I remember correctly.
hmmm
hmmm
2LT
2LT
realm_7

Fri 08 Oct 2010, 14:43
whoa 125k then wonder why stucked at 75k hmm [DOTD-B9] Ideas Topic - Page 2 735439
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1

Fri 08 Oct 2010, 16:24
s3rius wrote:
Gimli.SoG wrote:Ya the rank system is in place now, problem is they aren't "obtainable" lol. And after I make them obtainable I'll then have to figure out how to save them so you can carry them over to the next game lol. Very Happy lots to figure out
You just have to remove the limits. The save code itself can hold 125k xp without needing to be changed, if I remember correctly.
I think the enconde was at 200k, but I'm not super familiar with the save system yet. I thought I already ran my idea past you, I'll pm you it doesn't get leaked to earlier the details of what I'm planning Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum