Go down
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
[ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems - Page 2 Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

[ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems - Page 2 Empty Re: [ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems

Wed 04 Feb 2009, 17:11
@Misho Hmm did you use any ability on that place where the dummy appeared?

@Eulogy Switching the Ripper with a rocket launcher might be a good idea. Too bad, I liked that gun Sad The whole stuff about maphackers.. I honestly stopped caring about it. Fine with me if they really want to cheat themselves, as long as they keep out of games where I am host, in which case I will kick them.

I also doubt that a next version is going to be released anytime soon. Bugs and errors are harrasing me, and I am focusing my resources on other things such as planning for an upcoming SC2-project, school and other games.

Last edited by s3rius on Wed 04 Feb 2009, 17:24; edited 1 time in total
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
[ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems - Page 2 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

[ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems - Page 2 Empty Re: [ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems

Wed 04 Feb 2009, 17:21
s3rius wrote:Hmm did you use any ability on that place where the dummy appeared?
i have no idea what made it appear... i noticed it after the copter was gone.. we were passing through there for some reason... it was a while ago, i don't remember it clearly...

i remember noticing it because i hold ALT a lot to see health and i noticed it's health bar, out of nowhere...
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-01-26
http://www.edge.ca

Wed 04 Feb 2009, 20:27
Hm.. shame no newer v's coming soon Sad but I think rocket launcher would be much easier for you to design and add.. as opposed to the gun that likes to see me die =( lol

And just a question but what is the dummy even used for?
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Wed 04 Feb 2009, 21:50
Abilities, group controls and stuff like this. Many abilities that the heroes have need to be triggered. For that I need dummy units, but they shouldn't be able to be seen or clicked.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Thu 05 Feb 2009, 00:14
s3rius wrote:Abilities, group controls and stuff like this. Many abilities that the heroes have need to be triggered. For that I need dummy units, but they shouldn't be able to be seen or clicked.
LOL i love doing stuff that i shouldn't do Smile
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Thu 05 Feb 2009, 04:09
Mishotaki wrote:
s3rius wrote:Abilities, group controls and stuff like this. Many abilities that the heroes have need to be triggered. For that I need dummy units, but they shouldn't be able to be seen or clicked.

That must work great for you in these games... lol its ok I'm sure you can solo the plant with the Medic on Nightmare! We believe in you +eyebrows
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Thu 05 Feb 2009, 04:40
Eulogy wrote:
Mishotaki wrote:

That must work great for you in these games... lol its ok I'm sure you can solo the plant with the Medic on Nightmare! We believe in you +eyebrows
gimme enough satchels and i'll solo you anything you want ^_^

in this line of thought: do satchels hurt the chickens? or are air units immune to satchels?
Sath
Sath
MG
MG
realm_3
[ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems - Page 2 Pp_fou10
Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net

Thu 05 Feb 2009, 14:14
Mishotaki wrote:
Eulogy wrote:
Mishotaki wrote:

gimme enough satchels and i'll solo you anything you want ^_^

in this line of thought: do satchels hurt the chickens? or are air units immune to satchels?

Explosive may hurt air too i think :-) not sure about satchel
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Thu 05 Feb 2009, 14:30
All explosives deal damage to air units aswell.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Thu 05 Feb 2009, 19:10
Hahahaha thats the spirit Mish!!
With enough explosives... you can deal with any of lifes problems Wink

And the only useless explosive I find is the MG's Aerial Grenade... It still has the warning that it hurts team mates but trust me I've fired it above the heads of my guys many times... it definately doesnt hurt ground units.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Thu 05 Feb 2009, 23:39
maybe it would down the copters Razz
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Thu 05 Feb 2009, 23:45
Yes.... Lets go around blowing up our own men.. brilliant strategy I like it!!!
ekirts
ekirts
CPL
CPL
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-01-29
http://ekirts-nz.deviantart.com/

Fri 06 Feb 2009, 04:12
ok found another
its just like the pickup abducting the rifle man with the npcs and civs but at different part of the game (i completely forgot about saving replay....)

we were playing ( host using the bug night/hell item on norm mh and the start lab/power mission when still on civ mission i think ) and we got to the plant after finishing the civ
he used the MH and planted ecs after he planted them the unit in cinematic got killed then when the cinematics finished i used the demo anti infantry rocket on the ecs i thougth i blew it up but the guy who disappeared said he used his nade and blew the ecs up and killed the plant
but the problem is he disappeared at the same time or right after that
with health 100% but with the dead icon

so i have 1 question you nkow when you get caught by plant you somehow get teled to inside the area would you still appear there when the plant gets killed while you are caught and disappeared to be teleported there?
(the guy was a rifleman i think)

not sure if its coz he used the other bugs and stuff or tis just the plant and that tele
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Fri 06 Feb 2009, 07:16
lol that is really confusing for me x.x but it might have just had something to do with abusing the triggers on the map?
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Fri 06 Feb 2009, 07:58
nah it's about being "grabbed" by the plant as it died and not reappearing...
or maybe just not reappearing after it grabbed him...
^Grim
^Grim
MSG
MSG
realm_7
Regist Date : 2009-02-06

Fri 06 Feb 2009, 09:28
Me too. I had an NPC from Evil Dead near the area where the NPC marines in the first mission gather to wait while you go save civilians. He was yelling about something called "Necromonicon". A while later i found a "Necromonicon" item, brought it to him and couldnt do anything else.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Fri 06 Feb 2009, 16:57
lol The game I played with that guy in it... My gun didnt work the entire time x.x had to use trigger safety and knife everything Smile Fun game though rofl
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Fri 06 Feb 2009, 18:41
Eulogy wrote:
And the only useless explosive I find is the MG's Aerial Grenade... It still has the warning that it hurts team mates but trust me I've fired it above the heads of my guys many times... it definately doesnt hurt ground units.
If I recall correctly it says that allied AIR units will also be destroyed. Ofc it does not damage allied ground units since it doesn't even damage enemy ground units.

ekirts wrote:
so i have 1 question you nkow when you get caught by plant you somehow get teled to inside the area would you still appear there when the plant gets killed while you are caught and disappeared to be teleported there?
When grabbed by a plant you will appear at the right spot even if the plant is killed during the process. I know about the disappearance bug when using skills (most often when grenade launchers are being used), but I don't know what causes it.

Last edited by DarkSath on Fri 06 Feb 2009, 22:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poll removed / treat locked / plz make new entries / only s3rius will may be able to post)
Prabuty
Prabuty
SG
SG
realm_3
[ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems - Page 2 Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2009-01-13

Fri 06 Feb 2009, 21:50
Next bug noticed:
When all the ppl apart from me die at the end (I go scout) and there are rez kits still on the ground, the game suddenly says that the team has been wiped out, which is not true. I do realize we stand a slight chance of winning, but this is a bug anyway.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Sat 07 Feb 2009, 11:05
I HAVE MERGED ALL B5 BUG REPORT TOPICS INTO ONE. PLEASE USE THIS TOPIC AND DO NOT CREATE OTHERS.

Prabu: Never happened to me before - and shouln't happen. Got a replay by any chance?
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Fri 20 Feb 2009, 15:20
That has actually happened to me as well like 3-4 times where I am still alive with (I think it was Firebat and then again with Scout)
I'm running from the Abom or w/e team dies screen goes black and everybody is apparently dead lol..

Pretty sure it was with Achilles, Ekrits, and Yadogari.. dunno bout Yado but I know the other 2 were in game.
Markgunnar
Markgunnar
1SG
1SG
realm_2
Regist Date : 2009-02-08

Sat 21 Feb 2009, 09:36
hey ok i just got done beating HELL..............jk Nightmare and i noticed when the message with how much exp u get for the end mission comes up u dont get any. I have seen it more then once so i know it isnt rare.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Sun 22 Feb 2009, 01:51
Yeah... I'm thinking possibly White has to survive to the end or its just hooked up that you dont get any exp for that one yet lol (considering we all kinda die so we dont hold anything) Sad
Markgunnar
Markgunnar
1SG
1SG
realm_2

Sun 22 Feb 2009, 03:33
i didnt think of that. i think ur right
Markgunnar
Markgunnar
1SG
1SG
realm_2

Sun 22 Feb 2009, 03:42
so the train derailed from the tracks because a barrel of explosives were on the tracks. Even though it was a bug i think it would be a good idea to derail the train it looks cool and train isnt needed anyway. maybe have the front compartment blow up during opening cinematic.

https://s709.photobucket.com/albums/ww98/markgunnar/
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum