Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
[ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

[ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems Empty [ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems

Sat 17 Jan 2009, 11:31
the firebat's defensive aura removes the bonus from armor, until you drop the armor and pick it back up

the M26LSS doesn't have a tooltip that the Firebat can't use it

the story says that there is multiple mutated animals... i only got 1 on both gamesi got there...

poisonous gaz does damage to barricades... kinda abnormal...

does the ripper work? i got it to work once... but it doesn't seem to work very well... i couldn't get it to work again, it seems broken...

can NPCs run out of ammo? i got the colonel White to stop shooting at enemies after the "ending"... but didn't check if it was directly after, i just noticed after a while...

enemies don't really attack barricades... they try to find a way around them... even if there is none...

does the crit from the REC7, Targeting Assistant and your own crit stack? just wondering...

the locust swarm kinda comes from nowhere and you got no clue where it is.... it just pops out sometime and could pwn the team easily....

i played on HELL and the copter left before landing... because the civilians died before we reached the parking lot... but the troops stayed there, they just stood there shooting...

so that's what i got from 1 legit online play with a small noob team and 2 cheat plays on single player...

edit: oh yeah 2 screens for you: 1 typo
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Mishotaki/hundrets.jpg
and the "multiple enemies" being 1 monster...
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Mishotaki/oneofthese.jpg
Lisianthus
Lisianthus
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-11-03
http://www.dotd-stars.com

[ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems Empty Re: [ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems

Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:06
Seems like there is a need of a quick fix?
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
[ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:35
the firebat's defensive aura removes the bonus from armor, until you drop the armor and pick it back up
Seems to be a wc3 issue. I don't think I can do anything against that

the M26LSS doesn't have a tooltip that the Firebat can't use it
Fixed.

the story says that there is multiple mutated animals... i only got 1 on both gamesi got there...
It depends on the number of players that are in the game - if you play alone, you'll only encounter a single one.

poisonous gaz does damage to barricades... kinda abnormal...
Fixed.

does the ripper work? i got it to work once... but it doesn't seem to work very well... i couldn't get it to work again, it seems broken...
The Ripper is a little tricky to use - and doesn't work 100% fine (again because of wc3 -.-). Its best to target enemies that are not closer than ~200 wc3-units. The Ripper als doesn't have a bullet animation - so you won't see anything if you don't hit anything.

can NPCs run out of ammo? i got the colonel White to stop shooting at enemies after the "ending"... but didn't check if it was directly after, i just noticed after a while...
Maybe he was reloading? Or maybe every player was dead? I think that can cause them to stop.

enemies don't really attack barricades... they try to find a way around them... even if there is none...
That's somewhat tricky.. in my tests it sometimes works and sometimes not. I'm not sure what to do against that.

does the crit from the REC7, Targeting Assistant and your own crit stack? just wondering...
They do. The last crit you have acquired will always be checked first - if it triggers, you get the damage. If not, the 2nd last crit will be checked, and so on. It's damage does not stack.

the locust swarm kinda comes from nowhere and you got no clue where it is.... it just pops out sometime and could pwn the team easily....
The swarm is pinged (golden ping, I believe) when the General informs you about one. Using flares or roadies can help to spot it soon - you even have time to simply run away when you see it. On Normal they appear quite seldomly anyway.

i played on HELL and the copter left before landing... because the civilians died before we reached the parking lot... but the troops stayed there, they just stood there shooting...
Will look into that.. did the missions continue normally after that?

so that's what i got from 1 legit online play with a small noob team and 2 cheat plays on single player...

edit: oh yeah 2 screens for you: 1 typo
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Mishotaki/hundrets.jpg
Fixed -.- I always fuck up the hundred.

and the "multiple enemies" being 1 monster...
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Mishotaki/oneofthese.jpg

Most of those problems are small, unsolvable or won't occur often. I won't bring out a fix for that.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Sat 17 Jan 2009, 13:36
s3rius wrote:does the ripper work? i got it to work once... but it doesn't seem to work very well... i couldn't get it to work again, it seems broken...
The Ripper is a little tricky to use - and doesn't work 100% fine (again because of wc3 -.-). Its best to target enemies that are not closer than ~200 wc3-units. The Ripper als doesn't have a bullet animation - so you won't see anything if you don't hit anything.

Maybe he was reloading? Or maybe every player was dead? I think that can cause them to stop.

Will look into that.. did the missions continue normally after that?

Most of those problems are small, unsolvable or won't occur often. I won't bring out a fix for that.
Well the ripper wouldn't fire at all.. since it shows as AOE, it should fire everytime you try it... i tried doing it like 20 times.. and it only worked once..

it was the White guy with 2 marines that lived up to there... they wouldn't do anything anymore... and it lasted a good 5 minutes till i got bored and left, so they weren't reloading... since i was invincible, i wasn't dead.... i was the only one shooting at the enemies, when everyone dies, you get a black screen telling you all the team died...

after the copter died, i got a message "mission failed" and it went on like nothing happened and continued on with the missions... it was weird, not having anyone picking up the marines....
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Wed 21 Jan 2009, 16:46
edit: removed and moved to New Bugs in Beta 5

Last edited by Mishotaki on Sat 24 Jan 2009, 01:51; edited 1 time in total
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Fri 23 Jan 2009, 21:41
one more bug: the AA-12 can be wielded by anyone.. including the Firebat... making him a UBER FIREBAT! MOUHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL
this bug was reported to me by : Cumonhereye
wich i confirmed in a game with him... where whe PWNED the zombies! this time we weren't short on ammo for the entire game... i mean i actually kept a 20 clips ammo box on me from the beginning to the final defense where we PWNED everything coming to us! i actually gave it to a leaver guy to refill his ammo because we had plenty to go around then ^_^

if only we would have found the heavy flamer.. i wish i could have known if i could dual wield them Smile i had 3 fuel cells and the AA-12 on me.. PWNAGE Smile

oh yeah.. before the first mission started on that one, i actually found 4 MAC-10s and we saw 2 more later on the game... that was a hell of a lot of MAC-10s Smile

edit: since it's mostly a story and the bug is part of that story, i'll keep it here... the bug will be in the new thread for Bugs in Beta 5

Last edited by Mishotaki on Sat 24 Jan 2009, 01:52; edited 2 times in total
Sath
Sath
MG
MG
realm_3
[ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems Pp_fou10
Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net

Sat 24 Jan 2009, 01:26
I will be glad if u can open next bugs in new treats Smile that will be hard to sort all otherwise and tag it [Fixed] .
untill fixes this will be 'mishotaki bugs treat' Very Happy

btw: your mate have a naughty name ^^
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Sat 24 Jan 2009, 01:49
DarkSath wrote:I will be glad if u can open next bugs in new treats Smile that will be hard to sort all otherwise and tag it [Fixed] .
untill fixes this will be 'mishotaki bugs treat' Very Happy

btw: your mate have a naughty name ^^
hum... allright.. i'll edit my stuff and put in the problems in a new thread for unfixed/not aknoledged yet thread
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

[ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems Empty New Beta 5 Problems

Sat 24 Jan 2009, 01:53
another typo:
from seargent maddigan: "Watch yourself when moving through small alleys. Damn Zads can corner yer withing secs."

the second sentence is quite bad Razz
"Damned Zeds can corner you within seconds." would be much more appropriate Razz

also in this: https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Mishotaki/prison.jpg
i would rather use "cage" instead of "prison".. they aren't really humans Razz

and "find them and kill them before it has the time to evolve"
would sound better as "find and kill them before they have time to evolve" (i'd like some advice on that one)

edit: i just got a fucked up game... a marine NPC got stuck... so every single NPC stopped moving towards the chopper pickup...

that made that the chopper never triggered... we killed the NPCs... we got a message that all the NPCs died and we should wait for orders... then i suggest we all go to the next mission place... so we go, trigger it without any message or ping beforehand... we start moving to the power station by taking the road.. then we see the damned fatty that comes at the chopper pickup! he start killing us one by one.. then the ping for the "powering down" lights up at the same time as the one for the power station! the fatty kills everyone but me and another guy... i manage to solo the fatty... my ally die.. i get swarmed and i die...

replay: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8d670decebb5af556e7203eb87368129e04e75f6e8ebb871

one more bug: the AA-12 can be wielded by anyone.. including the Firebat...

and another: when you kick someone, you still don't get control... again... i was sure that one was fixed, since we reported that in Beta 4... oh well...
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Sat 24 Jan 2009, 12:28
You've attached the map instead of the replay Razz

Mishotaki wrote:when you kick someone, you still don't get control... again... i was sure that one was fixed, since we reported that in Beta 4... oh well...
Thought that too ^^
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Sat 24 Jan 2009, 21:51
s3rius wrote:You've attached the map instead of the replay Razz
oops Razz
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8d670decebb5af556e7203eb87368129e04e75f6e8ebb871
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-01-26
http://www.edge.ca

[ARCHIVE] Beta 5 bugs & problems Empty More Problems with Beta 5

Mon 26 Jan 2009, 20:01
I'm not really sure whats been covered so far but I'll list everything I've noticed that could be corrected.

1) is the civ glitch for the very first mission. Sometimes all it takes is somebody to leave the game who brought a civ there and they all wait at the top-middle of the highway and never turn onto the other road.

2) (the only race I can say this has happened with is the rifle man) As I was playing and the Helicopter came down for extraction our host (who had picked rifleman) was standing just next to where it lands. It landed he vanished and well.. it said he never picked a unit. He couldnt pick again from the train and none of his items dropped it was like he had never been there at all. We had a good time joking about it but I think thats a serious problem lol.

3) I know this might not be completely possible and I'm not really for or against it but people who are using the newest version of map hack can alter the cut scenes drastically. I have watched many times as the plant boss comes "out" of the ground, the marine runs up next to it and start planting satchels as they still have full control of their unit by pressing f8 in the middle of the scene. I also find it takes a certain aspect out of the game when all you have to do is scan the map for the items you want and you find them instantly... its not so much a bug as a problem I'm finding in many of my games. It's just something to consider I guess...

4) And ofcourse there is the issue with some of the spelling in the sentances. I don't have them memorized though but I've seen other people report the same thing so I'm trusting they got it right lol.

And finally because I am interested in what others think of the Map Hack during the game I hope it is ok that I attach a poll to this to get others oppinions.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Mon 26 Jan 2009, 22:07
hum... maphackers are supposed to be booted with some script... it seems that it doesn't apply to the newest one...

playing legit is the way it's made to be played.... if you want to cheat, go play singleplayer and use the cheats... we don't want them in our game...

simple fix for the satchels: put the plant invincible for 1 sec and make it do a single attack as soon as the cinematics end on it's surrounding... so all satchels are blown up and his efforts will be in vain...
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Mon 26 Jan 2009, 22:45
good idea. and yeah it pisses me off when ppl use map hack =/ the guy I constantly play with uses it and just runs off by himself cause he can see the location of all the zombies.. gets really annoying cause he thinks hes really good at the game 2 lol. takes no skill to run when you know where they are =(
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Tue 27 Jan 2009, 19:42
-kick

Using a script to prevent maphacking is impossible or at least delicate. There is an Anti Map Hack script (which mostly covers iseedeadpeople-cheats), but setting it up is a pain in the arse.
Good ol' kick command is much easier hehe.

I'll keep the other things in mind, but I can't do anything about the disappear-bug. It happens randomly and very rarely. Reproducing failed also. Will have to bear with it.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Wed 28 Jan 2009, 01:38
lol alright. and there is one other thing that I just found today. If at any time during the first mission you walk up to the Security Door that starts the 2nd Mission.. the mission will start even before you have collected the first civ and you can do both missions at the same time.. which just brings up a whole load of problems... It couldn't happen in 4c but apparently in 5 it can. I have a rep. of this but I dont know how to send the file =(
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Wed 28 Jan 2009, 05:13
hum... you just copy/paste the link i gave you....
http://www.badongo.com/file/13095523
(his replay he asked me to upoad for him)
in it you see a maphacker loading in the cinematic, the triggering of the "lights off" cinematic and a swarm of locust unannounced...
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Wed 28 Jan 2009, 13:52
That problem with the second mission is fixed - I've commented out a few lines of code and forgot to add them again..
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Thu 29 Jan 2009, 01:02
lol ok so thats why it couldnt be done in 4c. Also.. The problem with the armor is a bit more serious then I thought. as the Firebat I picked up full body armor in hell.. got 2nd lvl Defencive tactics and it canceled it out.. nothing new.. but when I dropped and picked up FBCA again.. it didnt add on it just kinda sat there like it wasnt on my person at all. This is the first time it hasnt worked by just trying to re-equipt it but on Hell it hurt a lot with no armor trying to tank Sad
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Mon 02 Feb 2009, 20:27
One other thing that I just found out.

If a player is using a Map Hack and loads both his Code and selects his Unit before choosing the type of mode to play... we get nightmare/hell drop items on Normal mode.. tons of Uranium Shells and Full Body Combat Armor as well as all the Grenade Launchers, most of the personalized weapons for the advanced marksman/Sniper/Assaultman and sometimes even the Barret will be found.

These items on normal makes it way too easy... I was using a MG that did over 100 damage in the first 5 minutes on normal...
ekirts
ekirts
CPL
CPL
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-01-29
http://ekirts-nz.deviantart.com/

Tue 03 Feb 2009, 07:33
lol so you found another bug
btw tehre was the thing with being able to carry 2 primary weapons the aa-12 and barrett or whatever the name was

i wonder how many other bugs you can find with the mh or how many more bugs mh can create lol
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 03 Feb 2009, 13:53
the AA-12 is bugged in itself.. and it's been reported... so yeah...
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Tue 03 Feb 2009, 21:42
Yes it is... but its a cool weapon... still I think the whole MH making nightmare and Hell gear appear on Normal is a huge bug that needs to be fixed as fast as possible x.x it's just an easy way for the people who use it to farm exp quickly..

Oh right I forgot to mention that the person using the Map Hack also gets full exp like its normal.. I was playing with a 1st LT that got over 52 exp for the first mission on normal.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Tue 03 Feb 2009, 22:16
(Cont.) One last thing.. sorry I forgot about it >.<

I finally got around to using the ripper about 10 minutes ago.. Tried to fire it about 20-30 times at almost every range possible.. Only fired once and it blew me up lol is its range melee? or... something else?

I'm going to suggest changing it with a rocket launcher and just use the basic Anti-Tank used by the Demo. At that point in the game it wouldnt slow them down too much but it would still be helpful.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Wed 04 Feb 2009, 00:53
yeah the ripper is bugged... i got it to work only once too...

i got the weirdest game ever... i got a necronomicon.. and a NPC coming from Evil Dead....
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8d670decebb5af556e7203eb8736812989002ce72977985c5621d66e282a0ee8

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Mishotaki/necro1.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Mishotaki/necro2.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Mishotaki/necro3.jpg

also i met a Dummy....
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Mishotaki/dummy.jpg
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum