Cheesy-Gordia
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1
stop the teamkilling, idea Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-07-14

stop the teamkilling, idea Empty stop the teamkilling, idea

Sun 30 Aug 2009, 07:12
Im getting tired of these teamkillers all the time just killing you cause they're bored. This is kinda hard to explain in a way to make you understand the idea of what im saying easily.

So usually people will press "a" and target you, then his char starts attacking you obeying ur commands. I was thinking that when the person clicks the attack button on you it wont allow him to attack you. So that no teamkilling will happen to you.

Im not sure if you get what im trying to say but hopefully you do.
Death_X_Magi
Death_X_Magi
MSG
MSG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-08

stop the teamkilling, idea Empty Re: stop the teamkilling, idea

Sun 30 Aug 2009, 07:20
Yeah you can do that. S3rius has to program it in so you can't force attack teammates which shouldn't be too hard.
DaveTheBat
DaveTheBat
MSG
MSG
realm_3
Regist Date : 2007-12-24
http://www.fire.vampirism.eu

Sun 30 Aug 2009, 14:19
I think the reason it haven't been implemented yet is because it wouldn't be "real" (as in IRL), where casualities is happening all the time in combat (from your side).

And I haven't noticed that many TKers during my play time.
Death_X_Magi
Death_X_Magi
MSG
MSG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-08

Sun 30 Aug 2009, 18:41
More priv games you play the less TKing there is. I haven't had a intentional TK in a long time cause 90% games I play are privs now lol. Most zombies games allow for TKing for realism sake I believe but some don't. It's really all up to s3rius.
Cheesy-Gordia
Cheesy-Gordia
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1

Sun 30 Aug 2009, 19:24
ya but in real life someone wouldnt just all the sudden decide to attack his teammates you know. Maybe the nades in the game can b the dmg against temmates but ur teams bullets I say that bull
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-01-26
http://www.edge.ca

Sun 30 Aug 2009, 20:24
yeah exactly... and most pub games dont have Tkers either. Maybe one out of every 20 games you MIGHT find somebody who has no clue what to do and just tries to off his entire team lol.

as for Realism's sake I dont see our guys shooting eachother lol Smile

Grenades and such are fine for tking.. an explosion should kill you xD I agree Smile

Good idea tho Cheesy maybe s3r should follow up on this Very Happy
Zuvas_ZKC
Zuvas_ZKC
CPL
CPL
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-08-13

Mon 31 Aug 2009, 04:10
Also agreeing on this idea.
Maybe there aren't many games where people TK but it still ruins the fun when it happen. Hopefully I take demolition and blow them up faster but still.. XD

So yea: No bullet attack allowed on allies but Explosion would still blow you up
Gilorean
Gilorean
SG
SG
realm_4
stop the teamkilling, idea Pp_vis10
Regist Date : 2009-08-28

Mon 31 Aug 2009, 06:14
Given that we're all in different servers, team-killing varies in time and place etc. Down here in BA we have quite a few of them and they sure know how to ruin a game.

Reasons I believe this anti-team killing system should be implemented into the game:
- Team-killing ruins endgame - all the effort put into it wasted, forced to start over.
- Despite having the kick system implemented already which I believe it was done solely to punish team killers, it can still be put to other uses such such as:

However, if S3rius left team killing for the purpose of making it realistic, he hasn't done a good job at it.

Team-killing only happens through firefight or to end the suffering of a team member. I assume this is rhetorical and S3rius knows that but anyways.. just asserting. Now, in-game, it is impossible to "accidentally hit and kill a team member" as well as ending the suffering of a incapacitated team member.

.. No offense s3rius, just stating facts and trying to help make your map better and hopefully it will turn out better than NOTD:AM sometime in the future.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Mon 31 Aug 2009, 06:33
Gilorean wrote:Now, in-game, it is impossible to "accidentally hit and kill a team member" as well as ending the suffering of a incapacitated team member.
if you move with attack, you will come into many times where you attack a teammate by clicking on him when the fog of war dissapear... at the exact moment it happens.... so you attack an ally... if you're the sniper, you just took half his health...
Gilorean
Gilorean
SG
SG
realm_4

Mon 31 Aug 2009, 06:45
Mishotaki wrote:
if you move with attack, you will come into many times where you attack a teammate by clicking on him when the fog of war dissapear... at the exact moment it happens.... so you attack an ally...

If I get what you mean correctly, I find it hard to believe people would move while having a pressed to ready their attacks on the incoming enemy. Most people would press/spam p to move around and the player will automatically engage the enemy that approaches towards him or press s to stop and engage the enemy while moving. Sniper's.. well that's the only exception and perhaps it may change in the future.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Mon 31 Aug 2009, 06:50
whoa spam patrol? no way... Attack Click is the most common way to move around the map.. although i click a bit far ahead in the fog its the fastest way for the unit to get the command to attack patrol has a short wait time. And Mish meant as your clicking down to move near the outter area of the fog you accidently hit your team mate who JUST showed up in your vision in the same spot Sad

To back this up.. the only reason ladder/melee (sc) players would EVER use patrol is to scout back and forth from positions... otherwise its always "a" move. Attack click still makes you auto-attack if you see anything and in terms of hotkey's its much more easily pressed considering the other hotkeys are mostly q w e r t a s d.

just so I defend both points... even though this doesnt relate to DotD.. if your doing vulture micro on starcraft you patrol click between you and the enemy unit then click forward basically at the same time.. the effect should be that the vulture attacks but does not stop moving forward.. great for picking off lower ranged/melee units... perhaps it works on DotD? i've never seen anybody test it Smile
DaveTheBat
DaveTheBat
MSG
MSG
realm_3
Regist Date : 2007-12-24
http://www.fire.vampirism.eu

Mon 31 Aug 2009, 13:11
In combat a lot of casualties will happen from friendly fire.
I vote for keeping it.
Gilorean
Gilorean
SG
SG
realm_4

Mon 31 Aug 2009, 14:43
I haven't thought about that (clicking in the shadow with A pressed).
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Mon 31 Aug 2009, 15:58
Eulogy wrote:just so I defend both points... even though this doesnt relate to DotD.. if your doing vulture micro on starcraft you patrol click between you and the enemy unit then click forward basically at the same time.. the effect should be that the vulture attacks but does not stop moving forward.. great for picking off lower ranged/melee units... perhaps it works on DotD? i've never seen anybody test it Smile
it wouldn't work, it doesn't register hits until the bullet hits the enemy.... like you know, the sniper and assman can waste a lot of ammo with their range/slower bullets because they are moving right after shooting a bullet.... making you lose a bullet in your clip but nor registering a hit on the enemy...

@gilorean: so does many people.... must be why so many gets pwned while allies are just moving away right next to you until they decide to stop and shoot at the enemy...
just like in this:
stop the teamkilling, idea Tact_110
A and B would be using attack-move while C would be using move
so that A and B would attack any enemy in range while C can move away from enemies and get in the group to then do an attack-move and cover the ones behind

stole te pict from sath's basic rule for street fighting tutorial ^_^
http://www.dotd-stars.com/dotd-6-intro-tutorials-f2/basic-rule-for-street-fighting-t702.htm
Cheesy-Gordia
Cheesy-Gordia
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1

Mon 31 Aug 2009, 23:34
Dude I lost track of the idea of what you guys are talking about lol
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 01 Sep 2009, 00:06
i'm talking about using A to move instead of M
talking about the "impossible to teamkill by mistake" argument
and how so few people use it while they should, for the sake of covering their teammates in the right situations where you need to do it...
Cheesy-Gordia
Cheesy-Gordia
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1

Tue 01 Sep 2009, 00:11
I always a move
Gilorean
Gilorean
SG
SG
realm_4

Tue 01 Sep 2009, 00:25
If the people are told to do that down here.. man, there WILL be mass teamkills.
Cheesy-Gordia
Cheesy-Gordia
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1

Tue 01 Sep 2009, 00:29
simple we ban e,m then
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 01 Sep 2009, 00:34
why would there be mass teamkills?
if you do that, only a couple bullets will make it to the ally attacked... because maybe the guy would look at what he's attacking and will stop?
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Tue 01 Sep 2009, 03:03
yeah, not to mention the chances of attack clicking your team mate is so rare it almost never happens.. unless you have an IQ under 85 you wont deal more than 1-2 bullets worth of damage to your ally before u stop shooting at them.. its the same for destroying crates =/ I've killed one or two items clicking on the crate and then somebody else kills it and i accidently hit the item Sad
Gilorean
Gilorean
SG
SG
realm_4

Tue 01 Sep 2009, 03:57
I just tried it, I thought it was automatic.
Cheesy-Gordia
Cheesy-Gordia
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1

Tue 01 Sep 2009, 04:42
this will keep going on
Gilorean
Gilorean
SG
SG
realm_4

Tue 01 Sep 2009, 06:21
Well prob but itll be the end of me. Bullets dont even fire if i click on the fog after pressing A. Besides the sniper's ability which requires a manual click, I find it simply stupid if people decide to attack incoming creeps with A ready. I mean if it's a big fat pudge that requires everyone to nail and attack it, people would prefer right clicking it.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Tue 01 Sep 2009, 07:45
I guess... but I like attack clicking even the things I manually click, that way even if I miss (if its a fast target) my guy doesnt stop shooting and helps avoid the chance of getting surrounded lol thats IF you miss your intended target
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum