Go down
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
Starcraft 2 will be a trilogy! sigh... Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Starcraft 2 will be a trilogy! sigh... Empty Starcraft 2 will be a trilogy! sigh...

Sat 11 Oct 2008, 01:10
http://kotaku.com/5061980/starcraft-ii-single-player-is-a-trilogy
Blizzard just announced that StarCraft II's single player campaign would be split o three separate products! The scope of the single-player experience was so huge they decided to deliver three different products. The first product will focus on the Terrans, with the Zerg next and finally the Protoss. The story will stretch across all three titles.

Wings of Liberty - Terrans
Heart of the Swarm - Zerg
Legacy of the Void - Protoss

Each campaign is treated as a full-fleshed out game, with each title ending the same way. The change will allow for more characters, more missions, and more complete experiences overall.
and to think that, for one moment, i wasn't expecting that Blizzard would make a full game for the fans... instead they go money hungry and will sell 3 games for the price of... 3 games... i'm feeling hate towards Blizzard... i feel like i'll download the game from Bittorent instead of paying for it 3 times.... in your face suckers!

This is the prime example of why people pirate PC games... we get the third of a game for the full price, so instead we tell them to "fuck off" and get the full game for the price of bandwith...
Sath
Sath
MG
MG
realm_3
Starcraft 2 will be a trilogy! sigh... Pp_fou10
Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net

Starcraft 2 will be a trilogy! sigh... Empty Re: Starcraft 2 will be a trilogy! sigh...

Sat 11 Oct 2008, 06:52
As the production of this game took many many years , the amount of $$ lost is very big for blizzard , its wierd that the delay caused by the lack of investissment done in this game druing first years of production will be payed by users. Starcraft Ghost was avorted . To avoid the same thing to starcraft2 the delay of the release has been increased , and budget also .
This commercial manoeuver is very regrettable. The thing i hope is that multiplayer and custom mapping will not be affected by it.
Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1
Starcraft 2 will be a trilogy! sigh... Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-04

Starcraft 2 will be a trilogy! sigh... Empty Re: Starcraft 2 will be a trilogy! sigh...

Sat 11 Oct 2008, 17:43
+blank

Seriously, that's not good news (I feel like these words are not hard enough), somehow understandable from their point of view, but definately not good for us gamers and mapmakers. The story linked above wouldn't be that bad, but wait, we are not finished yet:

[LINK]

You see, it will affect multiplayer and mapmaking, it will be expansions like TFT. And that means most likely, we have to pay each single part of that trilogy to keep our maps up-to-date. And I'm sure they won't provide all editor features in the first part, just as they did the WCIII editor.

I really hope they will soon comment how far this will finally affect the mapmaking scene. Hopefully it's not that bad in the end.
+angry

@Misho: Well, I guess if you want to play online or if you want to go into mapmaking, I'm sure they have their methods to make it "pirate-proof". =/
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Sun 12 Oct 2008, 03:38
Pirate-Proof doesn't exist, just like Micro$oft said that their console would never be hacked, there always be ways to go around the system... like Openbattle.net(or somethign like that, some peole i know used it, i played legally so i can't say..) is for Warcraft 3, i'm sure there will be ways around the official servers...

I'm seriously starting to hate gaming... they trash Fallout with a FPS... now they want to break up a game into 3 parts just cuz they say there is too much content... Back in the days, you'd get 20 hours of gaming out of a shooter... now we got a 5 hours campaign and boring deathmatches that we don't care about for the same price....
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Tue 14 Oct 2008, 19:55
Well, first of all that means that it's going to be released sooner. Why? Cause they only have to finish one out of three campaigns to release it.
I don't mind spending a few more € on the other two campaigns as long as it ain 40€ each (or at least I want Expansion quality then: New units, new maps, new shit).
Also, if each campaign is really that "fleshed-out", we might not get one short campaign for each race, one long campaign of Blizz-style Terran action (now really, until now each and every of Blizzard's campaigns was great and worth of being played twice). At least I hope so. Otherwise I'd be really disappointed by Blizz Surprised

Sunny_D wrote:And I'm sure they won't provide all editor features in the first part, just as they did the WCIII editor.
I don't think they will intentionally cut away features to add them in the expansions. The update from WC3:ROC to WC3:TFT editor was much more of a giant bug fix instead of adding left out features.

Sunny_D wrote:Well, I guess if you want to play online or if you want to go into mapmaking, I'm sure they have their methods to make it "pirate-proof". =/
I guess their Battle.net v2 will start as v1 did: Full of bugs and anything else than secure. Though after a while they usually manage to fix these issues^^

Mishotaki wrote:they trash Fallout with a FPS...
At least they didn't trash the Pipboy. +^^
Baked Ninja
Baked Ninja
SSG
SSG
realm_1
Starcraft 2 will be a trilogy! sigh... Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2008-12-21

Fri 26 Dec 2008, 11:08
fallout 3 is 1337 gtfo
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Fri 26 Dec 2008, 13:05
Fallout 3 is a FPS with RPG stuff in it... it's very far from the greatness of the first 2 games...
After playing it, it makes me see how they just took a couple of the monsters and remade a world for them to live in... without even caring the level of difficulty they were in the first games... you can easily become a god in Fallout 3 while in the other games, a player with max level and skills can still get his ass kicked if he's not careful...

It's an easy game for a modern crowd...
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Fri 26 Dec 2008, 16:21
There's already plenty of mods which make the game more difficult, add stronger/more monsters, etc.
I really like Fallout 3 and I think it's a worthy successor of Fallout 2.
Sure it needs some polishing here and there, but still it is my Top game of the year 2008 (With FarCry 2 and Dead Space on the 2nd place).
DotdNigel
SSG
SSG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2007-11-17

Fri 26 Dec 2008, 17:55
I'm not really a fan of FPS games, but fallout 3 is pretty darn good.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Sat 27 Dec 2008, 02:17
s3rius wrote:There's already plenty of mods which make the game more difficult, add stronger/more monsters, etc.
I really like Fallout 3 and I think it's a worthy successor of Fallout 2.
Sure it needs some polishing here and there, but still it is my Top game of the year 2008 (With FarCry 2 and Dead Space on the 2nd place).
when it takes mods to make the game what it's supposed to be, it means the devlopper made a shitty game... that's my opinion
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Sat 27 Dec 2008, 02:29
They only adjust certain features to what the user wants it to be.
No one can blame Bethesda to set the difficulty to a level that is appropriate for the majority of their buyers.
What I find much more astonishing is that they were actually able to make an almost bug-free game of such incredible dimensions. If you look at other games ( The Fall, Boiling Point, Gothic II/III, Battlefield, GTA4, Gears of war (which I couldn't even install)) and then look at FO3. . . wow.
Lisianthus
Lisianthus
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-11-03
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Sat 27 Dec 2008, 05:10
I have to agree with you s3rius that developers have to set the difficulty for the majority. but still they should allow to have the game harder aswell. take Dead Space as an example, Awesome game indeed. but easy even on hardest difficulty.

But also to make a game harder like blizzard made with wc3.
The AI just gets more money on higher difficulties. it's still a pretty darn worthless AI.

Also Fallout 3 is bug free since it's based on Oblivion that has been patched >9000 times.

And about mods, we should be gratefull that beteshda even releases a toolset. There was a time when ppl though there wouldn't even be one. and that people have to mod a game to get the most out of it is VERY common. name ONE game that has NOT been made more enjoyable with mods. Ofcourse I mean games that are actualy moddable.
Baked Ninja
Baked Ninja
SSG
SSG
realm_1

Sun 28 Dec 2008, 16:44
Fall out 3 on xbox 360 is pretty darn cool, i blew some guy's leg off. OH yeah ya!
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Mon 29 Dec 2008, 01:15
Get the Bloody Mess perk =]
It makes most of your targets die in ridiculously gory ways, blows their legs off even if you aim at the head muhaha. Oh and you deal 5% more dmg btw..
Baked Ninja
Baked Ninja
SSG
SSG
realm_1

Mon 29 Dec 2008, 04:30
dude, totally going to get that now;P thanks.
aChiiies
aChiiies
2LT
2LT
realm_2
Regist Date : 2009-02-07

Thu 21 May 2009, 02:18
I suggest u DO NOT BUY SC2 untill all 3 of em are out lol.

just wait gud few years and u can prob buy all 3 in one package hahaha.

gud way to save some moneh !!!
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Thu 21 May 2009, 13:26
aChiiies wrote:I suggest u DO NOT BUY SC2 untill all 3 of em are out lol.

just wait gud few years and u can prob buy all 3 in one package hahaha.

gud way to save some moneh !!!
That'll be at least 2 years. We've waited long enough :0 I'll buy it the week it comes out.
aChiiies
aChiiies
2LT
2LT
realm_2

Fri 22 May 2009, 00:50
lol play demo for 2 years .
Asgard_Ragna
Asgard_Ragna
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-01-20

Fri 22 May 2009, 08:04
aChiiies wrote:lol play demo for 2 years .

Demo? It will still be enough to play until the next part comes out.
Sath
Sath
MG
MG
realm_3
Starcraft 2 will be a trilogy! sigh... Pp_fou10
Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net

Fri 22 May 2009, 17:51
wtf ?? play demo for 2 years !!

0_o

I dont think i can do this !
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Fri 22 May 2009, 19:55
Demo won't have editor D: (99% sure)
aChiiies
aChiiies
2LT
2LT
realm_2

Sat 23 May 2009, 09:01
yup lol demo for 2 years haha
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum