Go down
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
[Movie] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

[Movie] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works Empty [Movie] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works

Tue 05 Oct 2010, 03:47
damned it's good!
it made me want to play through the game... for a little bit (but then i remembered how it takes forever for it to start anything i don't know already after watching the anime and movie that i give up...)

The beginning is for the people who watched the series before... deep cuts into the story with only bits of it are there to make you remember of it... and then comes the big alternative routes! Sure the girl-girl scenes are good... but the idiot-on-girl route is entertaining! (i remember a doujin making fun of that scene and started laughing my ass off as soon as i figured what was going to happen.. well what SHOULD have happened)

That movie is made of awesomeness! and is a must for anime lovers!

Those days when you try to kill yourself in order not to be a slave anymore, but you don't want to be killed... ain't that nice? ^_^ (yeah it's a spoiler! )
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
[Movie] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

[Movie] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works Empty Re: [Movie] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works

Tue 05 Oct 2010, 20:19
DUDE I NOW GIVE YOU THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ORDER YOU'LL RECEIVE IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE:

Play. The. Game. NOW!

I know, the start is horribly slow - you need like 4-5 hours to actually get into it fully, but if you consider the movie to be good then prepare for some serious mindblowing when playing the game.

The movie provides a nice insight into the second route of the game, 'Unlimited Blade Works' (hence the name o0), but there's just so much more to it which they couldn't fit into the movie because of their time constraints.
It is only a small fraction of immersive world of FATE/STAY NIGHT.

Even after knowing the tv series and this movie, the game has still much to offer you don't even imagine Very Happy Even UBW alone took me more than 24 hours to play through. How much did they cut out to make it fit into 100 minutes of movie?^^
The game made me jump from my chair because it's so damn funny, disregard hours of sleep time because it's so damn thrilling, and makes me almost shed a tear everytime I finish a route because of it's damn good endings!

Uhmm back to the movie *cough*

In terms of graphic qulaity it's pretty good, althought there were some flaws.

But the story? Hmm, they cut so much away that it was barely more than the sum of all the fighting scenes. For people who haven't at least seen the tv series it'll one big hellofa confusion.
But it's nice that they got the same voice actors again. One does grow attached to them after listening to them for so many hours.

Mishotaki wrote:Sure the girl-girl scenes are good...
You speak in plural ò.Ó
I can only remember Saber in a dress and Caster - was indeed a sight for sore eyes tho :p

Mishotaki wrote:i remember a doujin making fun of that scene and started laughing my ass off as soon as i figured what was going to happen.. well what SHOULD have happened)
I remember too! Hilarious xD
"Omg Omg there's blood!? What should I do ?!? D: "

Mishotaki wrote:Those days when you try to kill yourself in order not to be a slave anymore, but you don't want to be killed... ain't that nice? ^_^
Yea, quite the days.

Youtube Trailer for those who don't know this movie at all (which should be the majority).

[Movie] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works Sample-38761fa90f53444c7c25150dddbdb4ae

Last edited by s3rius on Tue 05 Oct 2010, 20:43; edited 2 times in total
HorstRabe
HorstRabe
1LT
1LT
realm_3
[Movie] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2009-07-19

[Movie] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works Empty Re: [Movie] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works

Tue 05 Oct 2010, 20:29
o my god... looks so... anime should say enough :S
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-01-26
http://www.edge.ca

Wed 06 Oct 2010, 05:53
lol I watched this anime again about a month ago... the game is actually really well done.

Never seen the movie.. I'm going to find it and check it out Smile

thx Mish
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-29
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Wed 06 Oct 2010, 18:19
Lol I just noticed omni's name is now just Eulogy. Has it always been that way? Thought for sure it was OmniEulogy here on the forum.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Wed 06 Oct 2010, 23:43
Gimli.SoG wrote:Lol I just noticed omni's name is now just Eulogy. Has it always been that way? Thought for sure it was OmniEulogy here on the forum.
nah only on B.net it's OmniEulogy
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-29
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Wed 06 Oct 2010, 23:56
oh ok, my fault eulogy. =D
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Thu 07 Oct 2010, 03:29
s3rius wrote:DUDE I NOW GIVE YOU THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ORDER YOU'LL RECEIVE IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE:

Play. The. Game. NOW!

I know, the start is horribly slow - you need like 4-5 hours to actually get into it fully, but if you consider the movie to be good then prepare for some serious mindblowing when playing the game.
[Movie] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works Fate
i just tried launching it... interestingly, i last tried playing it just over a year ago...

interesting fact: the installation it did with windows XP seems to work fine in Windows 7... i think i'll try playing it more tomorrow... i'm getting close to go to bed.. after watching the newest stargate episode and the latest shitty Resident Evil movie (sigh..)
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Thu 07 Oct 2010, 13:56
From the name of the save you just finished the introduction (everything up to evening day 3).
After that is a long chat with some priest, and then the awesome starts ^.^

[Movie] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works Unbena10

75 hours playtime - and still not finished xD
Most RPGs don't have that much content Smile
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Thu 07 Oct 2010, 18:54
Gimli.SoG wrote:oh ok, my fault eulogy. =D

Lol I actually made both here on the site so don't worry about it xD I think I have like 10 posts on the other one though Very Happy

AND THANK YOU FOR THIS MOVIE. I had no clue it was out... watched it and it was awesome! I love Lancer. I'm completely biased cause I'm Irish but yeah. epic movie.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Thu 07 Oct 2010, 23:43
Eulogy wrote:I'm completely biased cause I'm Irish but yeah. epic movie.
hum... i don't get it...
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Fri 08 Oct 2010, 00:46
Mishotaki wrote:
Eulogy wrote:I'm completely biased cause I'm Irish but yeah. epic movie.
hum... i don't get it...

Lancer is a hero from Irish mythology who goes by the name Cu Chulainn.

His Noble Phantasm Gae Bolg (often jokingly refered to as 'Gay Bulge') is a lance which distorts space and reality to always pierce it's target heart, no matter the angle it is thrust at.

Such a paradoxical weapon can obviously hardly be correctly depicted in a movie :/
(Same goes for Rider's chain-daggers, by the way. In the fight in the woods they were simply made "invisible", but in the visual novel they're more like "un-noticed" until Shirou was suddenly pulled up that tree.
Such semi-paradoxical things happen alot in the novel. It's part of the magic that makes these stories so great.)

Anyway, since you've already completed day 3 you should have read the fight Saber vs Lancer, in which his identity and Noble Phantasm is revealed.

But I forgive you your ignorance since it's been more than a year since you read it Smile
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Fri 08 Oct 2010, 21:17
Lol yup. Ty s3r for the explanation ^^ I'm just sad that in almost every arc he ends up sacrificing himself lol. Actually I think he does it in every ending I've ever seen... (spoiler!) my bad but... still... shitty T.T
Kokufu
Kokufu
SG
SG
realm_1
[Movie] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2015-06-06
http://kurodesigns.weebly.com

Fri 21 Aug 2015, 18:06
The series was out recently.
Cheesy-Gordia
Cheesy-Gordia
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-14

Tue 24 Nov 2015, 11:36
Watch Fate/Zero. my god
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum