Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
Good reasons to Team Kill Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Good reasons to Team Kill Empty Good reasons to Team Kill

Mon 03 Aug 2009, 17:33
well... since yesterday, i've been trying very hard to find the good reasons to teamkill... as you guys seems to be perfectly fine with it....

here is the only reason i could find:
a game in wich you have clearly stated and all agreed that it was a deathmatch mode

other than that, i don't see the joke or fun you can have doing it to others or being teamkilled...

i don't see how grateful everyone is when you take your "revenge" on someone who teamkilled you in another game.... i don't see why you want to promote the vicious circle of teamkilling each other...

so.. i guess since you guys seem to like "guetting back" the teamkill to the guy who killed you, you WILL kill yourself when you accidently kill yourself?
then kill yourself in revenge...
and kill yourself in revenge for that kill...

right? cuz it seems that's the way things go....

and when you decide to leave, it's better to kill everyone... cuz we all know that a game withotu you is a useless game... so murdering everyone against their wishes is much more fun for the teamkilled because there is no fun game without you, oh godly player who would make every team so godly but leaves every single game and kills all his allies in the process.... [/sarcasm]

so... anyone got good reasons to teamkill? i mean really good... revenge is not a reason...
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
1SG
1SG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-04

Good reasons to Team Kill Empty Re: Good reasons to Team Kill

Mon 03 Aug 2009, 18:16
The only other practical reason I see to teamkill is to dispatch a teamkiller. Not for revenge purposes, but simply to stop them from causing any more harm to the team.

However, to be the first to teamkill someone else? I agree completely- there is no real plausible explanation for it.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-01-26
http://www.edge.ca

Mon 03 Aug 2009, 18:36
eh like you said, in a game where everybody accepts that we are going to remake after civs ect. Just never tell s3rius cause he aim hacks with his rockets =/ lol
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-06-02

Mon 03 Aug 2009, 21:09
Eulogy wrote:eh like you said, in a game where everybody accepts that we are going to remake after civs ect. Just never tell s3rius cause he aim hacks with his rockets =/ lol

LMFAO
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
Good reasons to Team Kill Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Mon 03 Aug 2009, 22:34
Eulogy wrote:eh like you said, in a game where everybody accepts that we are going to remake after civs ect. Just never tell s3rius cause he aim hacks with his rockets =/ lol
You know, it's awesome if you change your name, make yourself a General-code, join a game with some good friends in (who don't know who you are) and then being accused for being a code hacker.
The following chase was the most funny game in my life, I guess.
I felt like a third party - a player inbetween the living and the dead, being chased by everyone, but fighting back with superior guerillia tactics.. and rockets.

Thank you, Prabuty, for this interesting hunt Very Happy

Back to topic:
Teamkilling is bad, m'keey.

My only reasons for teamkilling:
1) Killing a teamkiller.
2) Ending a beta test.
3) Accident.. uhh yea.. really.
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-06-02

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 00:13
Yea I think most people have accidentally team killed at least once
Death_X_Magi
Death_X_Magi
MSG
MSG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-08

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 00:24
I've only accidentally killed teammates as Demo. But in my view, you walked into my rockets, I didn't mis-aim and shoot it at you. Thus it's your fault, ain't mine. My aim is perfect.
MeanMeanie
MeanMeanie
CPL
CPL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2009-07-10

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 00:32
It can also be decided in the middle of a game, for example epic hell games that the team realise they have no chance to finish/survive.

Safest way to know if the TK was indeed out of the place, is if the tked player felt the need to complain about it.
zarethor
zarethor
PVT
PVT
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-16

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 00:37
Team killing is for those who can't play the game and enjoy pissing people off. Unless it's a deathmatch, that's different.

No tking unless your removing the initial killer.
Tamer
Tamer
1SG
1SG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-26

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 06:10
I guess that won't be seen as a good reason, but whatever: to relieve frustration.

Seriously, I once came to a point where afters hours of playing pub games, I was a bit tired of newbies, especially retarded newbies. I don't mind some of them making a few big mistakes (that usually ends up with them being dead anyway), but there was one guy in particular, his constant blunders seriously pissed me off => he died early on, he wasn't doing anything good: if at least he followed the group, no we dragged his ass around, he was not picking any items, was crying for ammo because he didn't even pick up those, etc. etc.

I had told him multiple times to stop getting hit by plants, but he would just keep tanking/firing at it and after a while, when he was clearly staying an XP leech (not that he'd been anything else up to that point) and barely made it alive after a plant attack, I just decided to end my own sufferings...

Again, that's nothing close of a brag and is not really justified, but when it's fucking obvious the guy won't play the game ever again - no matter if you TK him or not - I really don't feel any remorse.
Xetras
Xetras
SG
SG
realm_3
Regist Date : 2009-07-19

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 06:22
I have killed two players... first myself :S I was fairly new then and I was surrounded by zombies and I thought I was a using a non friendly fire secondary weapon (it didn't state that it would harm team mates), but alas I was wrong... Of course, that wasn't the only time I blew myself up to everyone's surprise/amusement.
Nowadays, I'm very careful with explosives and grenades and such.
The second player I killed was a TKer, this noob was bored with the game and started to troll with things like: "this is a suckass game", "I can make better games than this shit in my sleep", "this is the worst RPG game ever, I want more action and epic equipment" and such (I corrected the spelling and grammar), after that he started to kill NPCs and other players. That's when me and two other players decided to put an end to his (and ours') misery.

So I agree with the previous statement that TK is only allowed if everyone agree, or to stop a TKer.
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
1SG
1SG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-04

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 06:31
Tamer wrote:I guess that won't be seen as a good reason, but whatever: to relieve frustration.

Seriously, I once came to a point where afters hours of playing pub games, I was a bit tired of newbies, especially retarded newbies. I don't mind some of them making a few big mistakes (that usually ends up with them being dead anyway), but there was one guy in particular, his constant blunders seriously pissed me off => he died early on, he wasn't doing anything good: if at least he followed the group, no we dragged his ass around, he was not picking any items, was crying for ammo because he didn't even pick up those, etc. etc.

I had told him multiple times to stop getting hit by plants, but he would just keep tanking/firing at it and after a while, when he was clearly staying an XP leech (not that he'd been anything else up to that point) and barely made it alive after a plant attack, I just decided to end my own sufferings...

Again, that's nothing close of a brag and is not really justified, but when it's fucking obvious the guy won't play the game ever again - no matter if you TK him or not - I really don't feel any remorse.

In that scenario I believe the best course of action would have been to let him leech, and if he died, dont res him. At that point, he really isn't causing any harm to your team, except maybe making their ears bleed. Laughing
Tamer
Tamer
1SG
1SG
realm_1

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 06:32
He was causing harm to me: by seriously pissing me off, that's psychological harassment right there!
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 06:53
lol I've had people like that before.. I just tell host to kick them. Ping Spam or dying to like 3 times in a minute going rez rez rez!! Makes me tell the host to kick lol xD
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 06:54
well... the 3 of you that agreed that teamkilling because someone is annoying would be added as a banned player in my list....

i would have team killed many people in the channel these days if it was a game...

killing someone just because he doesn't listen or understands you is not a good reason at all...

killing someone when you have no other means to get him to stop is ok...
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 06:57
Once again -kick *color* is a much easier way to go about it.. then u get his unit 2 lol
Tamer
Tamer
1SG
1SG
realm_1

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 08:58
Mishotaki wrote:well... the 3 of you that agreed that teamkilling because someone is annoying would be added as a banned player in my list....

I can't see how you actually interpreted my post as a formal statement in support of/an example of a good reason to TK o_O

...and even less that "I did it because he didn't listen or understood me"

@Eulogy: you forgot to consider I was in a public game, with newbies, most probably red was a newbie, the game had a 99% probability of getting nowhere past the civs

I could have taken the time to explain red how to kick him, but TK'ing was the most efficient way considering he was almost dead anyway - and the only one to relieve frustration!
ekirts
ekirts
CPL
CPL
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-01-29
http://ekirts-nz.deviantart.com/

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 11:57
thats why i said medic needs a 'lethal injection' :S lol
but anyway so its just
DONT TK i guess(unless every one agrees) and just kick
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 20:09
Tamer wrote:
Mishotaki wrote:well... the 3 of you that agreed that teamkilling because someone is annoying would be added as a banned player in my list....

I can't see how you actually interpreted my post as a formal statement in support of/an example of a good reason to TK o_O

...and even less that "I did it because he didn't listen or understood me"

I could have taken the time to explain red how to kick him, but TK'ing was the most efficient way considering he was almost dead anyway - and the only one to relieve frustration!
you're not supporting it, you're only saying that it was the best thing to do?
it's like saying "i don't support the death sentence, but those guys should be killed"
SC2PL.Tamer
SC2PL.Tamer
SG
SG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-23

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 20:57
Mishotaki wrote:you're not supporting it, you're only saying that it was the best thing to do?

it's like saying "i don't support the death sentence, but those guys should be killed"

You definately fail at finding a good example, imo. What's the code difference between kicking someone and TK'ing him? Answer: the method.

Let's keep going with the death penalty example:

If someone already has a death sentence and you had to decide between hanging him and lethal injection, I think you could come up with a "better way of dealing the death sentence." That's the kind of decision I made and you can take yourself, no matter if you are in favor or against the principle of the death penalty in the first place.
hueman08
hueman08
SSG
SSG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2007-10-18

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 21:38
TKing is for babies.
DonThompson
MSG
MSG
realm_1
Good reasons to Team Kill Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2007-01-09

Tue 04 Aug 2009, 21:57
geez this thread is still going on.

There is no reason to TK what so ever, heck you might get tked form a kid in public game but that is life ban him and next time you wont see him, problem solved. Many of you even think when someone dies the game is over "might aswell remake" and I quote that from a lot of people. Geez now someone please close this pointless thread.

No reason to tk someone not even if that someone tks you(doesn't matter if it is pubby or not)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum