Go down
Kortes
PFC
PFC
realm_1
Dawn of the dead 5.3Beta Fix by Kortes Pp_ban11
Regist Date : 2008-04-07

Dawn of the dead 5.3Beta Fix by Kortes Empty Dawn of the dead 5.3Beta Fix by Kortes

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 01:24
Fixed last Beta version of s3rius:
Map name: DawnOfTheDead 5.3b2.w3x
Map size: 2 MB
Changelog:
- Fixed save code problem from Beta4 version and fixed very old code problem:
Now you can save more then 999 999 exp a succesfully load code.
- Because code system has been repaired , new codes cannot be used in older map version.
But you can still use your old code to load(i hope it work for each old code, if not start from begin -0 exp)
- many fix in scripts(JASS)
- removed admin commands and status(ask previus map autor about what)
- fixed -boot command
- fixed 2 buttons (Bullets and Evasion)
- removed some unused icons from map
- finally fixed Antidote and Medic bugs, now really cure infections
- Tactic Operative now is little better: Critical stack with his nitro bullets(when he has critical no nitro bullet)
- Items tooltips are now more accurately
- Fixed spawning of items(One in terain, second hero selection area)
- In Single player mode you cant save code or if you are last in map(others leaved).
- Heroes now gain exp from bigger distance(because his attack range is much bigger like in old version), disabled global distribution
- other not important fixes

Last edited by Kortes on Sat 12 Apr 2008, 11:04; edited 8 times in total
Lisianthus
Lisianthus
COL
COL
realm_3
Dawn of the dead 5.3Beta Fix by Kortes Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-11-03
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Dawn of the dead 5.3Beta Fix by Kortes Empty Re: Dawn of the dead 5.3Beta Fix by Kortes

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 08:26
Fist of all, before you post it on example epicwar you SHOULD consider at least testing it with us. since if there is one bug that is abusable to get infinite XP for example, congrats you've just destroyed dotd.

Anyway I think you should talk s3rius before releasing. Maybe you can figure something out that doesn't make everyone here dislike you since you are doing something unethical.

However I belive that the things you've done on the map is good but this will cause great confusions in the comunity. It would be a lot better if you instead helped s3rius instead of stealing his work.
Because s3rius is not lazy, he is just working on another aspect of the map. Also wouln't it be nice for you too to get a "Thanks to Kortes for fixing the save system." Instead of "Kortes is a theif that you should watch out for, he steal maps and publish them as his own"
(Now this is just examples, things may vary since I don't know the things you've done.)

If you two would cooperate then we all would get one really good dotd map. So I really sugest you have a good talk with s3rius instead of messing with the things he has made and I'm sure you figure something out that will benefit you both.

If you refuse to work with him then at LEAST let us here test it AND you should give the save codes and fixes to s3rius so he can add it to the new version so it won't cause confusion when there is two versions that uses diffrent save codes and have diffrent bugs and stuff.

//Lisianthus
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Dawn of the dead 5.3Beta Fix by Kortes Empty Re: Dawn of the dead 5.3Beta Fix by Kortes

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 11:10
so his "fix" implements breaking everyone's code...

removing the kicking command so that team killers will kill everyone in the and you can't do anything...

crit strike and nitro was fine like it was, you should be stuck choosing one or the other, i prefer it that way... more realistic...

can't save in single player? you already shouldn't be able to! you can only save when there is at least 2 or 3 persons....

xp gain from longer distances? great way to break the way the game is made... team play is what the game should be... sticking together is what you should do... spreading out too much was making you lose out on xp.. like it should...

IMO, you're more breaking it more than you're fixing it...
Lisianthus
Lisianthus
COL
COL
realm_3

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 11:16
I agree with you Mishotaki, that's also a reason he should talk to s3rius.
And ofcourse us all.

I mean, Cortez don't you think there is a reason why he has NOT released it public yet?
Kortes
PFC
PFC
realm_1

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 14:00
Mishotaki wrote:so his "fix" implements breaking everyone's code...

removing the kicking command so that team killers will kill everyone in the and you can't do anything...

crit strike and nitro was fine like it was, you should be stuck choosing one or the other, i prefer it that way... more realistic...

can't save in single player? you already shouldn't be able to! you can only save when there is at least 2 or 3 persons....

xp gain from longer distances? great way to break the way the game is made... team play is what the game should be... sticking together is what you should do... spreading out too much was making you lose out on xp.. like it should...

IMO, you're more breaking it more than you're fixing it...

- Boot command is red command, still in map, i fix only action - now each player have granted control of    booted player(same like he leave).
- is real!!!, nitro bullets are only projectiles and critical is chance to make good shot on enemy(nitro bullet in head is still critical hit)
- In v. Beta4 you can save code in single player!!!, try if you dont trust me ...
- true, but when sniper kill unit from distance higher than 1300 never receive exp(only who is near dying unit)
(his atack range is 2350). In Beta4 was global exp distribution, so every receive same exp from killed units( he can be away from others and still same exp like others) 
and wasnt problem with distance( you can be in oposite corner of map and your turret killed some creeps you still receive exp).
Asgard_Ragna
Asgard_Ragna
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-01-20

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 14:16
Damn this is getting on my nervs!

You can't just come and change a running project!

Thats like you play 100 to 1 wins and i come and steal your account...I mean WTF?

s3rius already released the changes for the new Beta so ask him if you are allowed to work on the map or not.
Kortes
PFC
PFC
realm_1

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 14:29
Lisianthus wrote:Fist of all, before you post it on example epicwar you SHOULD consider at least testing it with us. since if there is one bug that is abusable to get infinite XP for example, congrats you've just destroyed dotd.

Anyway I think you should talk s3rius before releasing. Maybe you can figure something out that doesn't make everyone here dislike you since you are doing something unethical.

However I belive that the things you've done on the map is good but this will cause great confusions in the comunity. It would be a lot better if you instead helped s3rius instead of stealing his work.
Because s3rius is not lazy, he is just working on another aspect of the map. Also wouln't it be nice for you too to get a "Thanks to Kortes for fixing the save system." Instead of "Kortes is a theif that you should watch out for, he steal maps and publish them as his own"
(Now this is just examples, things may vary since I don't know the things you've done.)

//Lisianthus
I dont steal for now - last map autor is still s3rius because i used his version to fix, i only make it playable! 

I still test map and still see some bugs so i dont realesed map for now.

And about s3rius new version: he said he remaking 99% of map(i thing better is make new), so my fixed version will be last of old  DOTD maps where work old codes and isnt so different from very old 5.2F version.
Kortes
PFC
PFC
realm_1

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 14:32
Asgard_Ragna wrote:Damn this is getting on my nervs!
s3rius already released the changes for the new Beta so ask him if you are allowed to work on the map or not.

His last beta version is so old omg...
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
Dawn of the dead 5.3Beta Fix by Kortes Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 14:56
I never signed a contract that orders me to release versions on a regular basis, did I.

I understand your point that you want a fixed version of it, but you can't simply take someone else's map without asking. And now you tell me what you're doing and simply take it as granted ..

I did the same thing .. I hacked dotd5.2 without taking in previo's permission, but the very slight difference is that I have searched for previo, but never found him and that 5.2 hasn't been continued for like 3 years and was 100% dead. 5.3 though is not dead, and as you see you have no problem in contacting me..
Kortes
PFC
PFC
realm_1

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 15:15
s3rius wrote:I never signed a contract that orders me to release versions on a regular basis, did I.

I understand your point that you want a fixed version of it, but you can't simply take someone else's map without asking. And now you tell me what you're doing and simply take it as granted ..

I did the same thing .. I hacked dotd5.2 without taking in previo's permission, but the very slight difference is that I have searched for previo, but never found him and that 5.2 hasn't been continued for like 3 years and was 100% dead. 5.3 though is not dead, and as you see you have no problem in contacting me..

I fixed it for personal use and for my friends from battlenet. I post it here only for peoples what seach new version without some bugs and cant find nothing. 
I post here link and thats all from me.
I hope your new version dont have so much bugs(App. good work from v 5.2f to 5.3beta4 but so long time?). 
Have a fun.
Lisianthus
Lisianthus
COL
COL
realm_3

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 17:08
Kortes, I know we can't stop you from releasing your version. However I hope you won't take ALL credits from it since preivO and S3rius has done most of it. If you write that it was originaly from S3rius and that he is working on a new version in it and it's and unofficial version then its fine for me.
Also you COULD give the savesystem to s3rius so you have the same codes to prevent any Confusions.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
Dawn of the dead 5.3Beta Fix by Kortes Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 20:06
Kortes wrote:good work from v 5.2f to 5.3beta4 but so long time?).
I've started in the end of october '07, that makes about 6 months until now; and if beta4 came out 3 months ago that leaves about 3 months.
Now take away the time I needed to until my coding was good enough to start working and consider the fact that I have a real life and that I made all betas completely on my own and you'll see that it ain't so much time at all.

Allright, I've cooled down a little. I will accept that version of yours, although I'm still not happy about it.
And from now on please refrain from hacking my maps and let me do the job.
Kortes
PFC
PFC
realm_1

Dawn of the dead 5.3Beta Fix by Kortes Empty Download link

Sat 12 Apr 2008, 11:05
Message reputation : 0% (2 votes)
I added download link.

link removed. Topic closed. Not only that you put yourself in as the new mapmaker of 5.3, you even posted the map unprotected. You went too far. Sadly I didn't notice that post earlier.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum