s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
DotD 5.3a Bug Report - Page 5 Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

DotD 5.3a Bug Report - Page 5 Empty Re: DotD 5.3a Bug Report

Sat 22 Mar 2008, 01:37
It does increase, but only very little - too little. I gonna make it a bit larger. Thanks for noting.
koopa124
PFC
PFC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2008-03-15
http://gameonforums.ipbfree.com/index.php?act=idx

Sat 22 Mar 2008, 02:43
Awesome about the max level increase!

Also, Playing this around 20 times already, I have made another discovery...

You can set enemy units on fire with the flare, and sometimes they glitch stuck, like we use it on "Fatty" and he will get stuck, for a free kill.

Another problem is, with satchels [I'm not sure about claymores and other stuff yet], but say a ton of Zombies walk on a satchel, and you detonate it, the satchel will talk "Take that Zach!" or one of your phrases.

Last, is when the Nuke goes off, satchels in the nuke will slowly die, claymores and other ground explosives however, will not.

Hope I helped, anything else you need, I'm sure I can handle it.

Also, could I make some suggestions?

Add more of the phrases they say when you kill lots of Zombies.

"Ha ha Zach just got owned!"
"Wow that was a lot of Z's!"

You should make little commands / abilities, so when you click the ability, your person says something, such as:

"Help!"
"Re-enforce left / right flank!"
"I'll cover you!"

Just little things would make the game so much better Smile

Some more stuff to add. A repick command maybe, in the first minute of choosing, you don't know how much this would help. I've picked the wrong person so many times, and have had to remake.

The Unique item, I forgot the name, it's the one where you click on it, and it heals 75 mana, make that 75% of your mana, 75 mana, just isn't worth it. To me at least.

Also, add some more items, such as like, stat increasers and stuff. More items would be really cool.

Just suggestions, I have a whole clan based off of this game, we all love it, and play regularly, so please, add some of these suggestions for us! Smile
FouLou
PVT
PVT
realm_3
Regist Date : 2008-03-22

Mon 24 Mar 2008, 13:51
gattling can only be build 1 time also weed and lighter can drop 2 times both

*Edit*: we just made wave 13 with that damn blue gargoyle boss ...wich killed the mana of all our sentrys (40 or more)
...still we got him down, but then the air of wave 14 killed us cause all sentrys where out of mana and there was no second boss we could lure around. so we didnt had time to build new ones :/ ......kind of hardcore
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Mon 24 Mar 2008, 19:34
DotD 5.3a Bug Report - Page 5 Super-10

But wave 14, nice nice. With barricade bug I guess? Very Happy
FouLou
PVT
PVT
realm_3
Regist Date : 2008-03-22

Mon 24 Mar 2008, 19:39
yeah =P but only with 2 people me and a friend^^
trying to do it again with over 100 sentrys atm xD

*Edit*: good exp with 2 people btw Wink

made it till last boss wave 15..... without all those laggs we would have been able to win^^
and to the people who say scout is useless ...without his hollow point ammo you wont make it ! Wink
Neferil
RC
RC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2008-03-24

Mon 24 Mar 2008, 23:16
Heya.

Me and some mates of mine recently came over this map and totally fell for it. We´re usually playing private games with only 4-5 players. Anyway, we've been experiencing problems with saving. The problem is that when we load a saved player, we dont start at the lvl we saved on. For instance, i saved at lvl 10, but when i loaded that char i started at lvl 2. This happens to all my friends as well.

Also there's this antidot problem with the medic as well as with the antidot item that doesnt work, as I've read some other people also have been experienced. Broken limbs can't be healed either.

We are playing the 5.3a Beta3, is that the latest one? havent been able to find any later one on epicwar or anywhere else (can't say i overstrained myself looking though :p)
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Tue 25 Mar 2008, 00:23
Neferil wrote:Heya.

Me and some mates of mine recently came over this map and totally fell for it. We´re usually playing private games with only 4-5 players. Anyway, we've been experiencing problems with saving. The problem is that when we load a saved player, we dont start at the lvl we saved on. For instance, i saved at lvl 10, but when i loaded that char i started at lvl 2. This happens to all my friends as well.

Also there's this antidot problem with the medic as well as with the antidot item that doesnt work, as I've read some other people also have been experienced. Broken limbs can't be healed either.

We are playing the 5.3a Beta3, is that the latest one? havent been able to find any later one on epicwar or anywhere else (can't say i overstrained myself looking though :p)

Beta 4 is the latest. But there's a little error in the map header, so it's labeled as beta3^^ I guess you're playing the correct one.
Well, let's see.. I didn't know that there's a problem with broken limbs. Ususally they should vanish after the effect fof First Aid Nanites have worn out.
About the saving: Yea, there is a bug, but also a "workaround". When you get your code it looks like that: ABCDEFGHIJKLMN. But when you load, you have to add a "-" between the 7th and 8th character. So make it look like: "-load ABCDEFG-HIJKLMN". then it works fine.
Neferil
RC
RC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2008-03-24

Tue 25 Mar 2008, 00:32
Thanks alot man, we'll be trying this out right away! great with a fast answer!
Kortes
PFC
PFC
realm_1
DotD 5.3a Bug Report - Page 5 Pp_ban11
Regist Date : 2008-04-07

DotD 5.3a Bug Report - Page 5 Empty New version of DOTD Soon.

Wed 09 Apr 2008, 19:58
Because s3rius is so lazy i fixed his last beta version. Soon on Epicwar(1 day). Changelog i publish here in new thread. Have fun and play very good map with your friends.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Wed 09 Apr 2008, 20:26
First: Just now I am working on the new version, as I did the last weeks!

Second: I didn't protect that map without a reason!

Third: Consider asking me before cracking and modifying my map?? Even though you've only done fixing (I hope)! Or how would you feel if someone steals your computer without telling you, and brings it back a few days later telling you he cleaned the harddisk for you?

Although it seems you only meant to do good, next time you want something changed, tell me and let me do it, please. I am everything else than happy when something like this happens... Neutral

The reason why I didn't bring out beta 5 yet is just that I am anything else than lazy and am changing about 99% of the whole map.
Asgard_Ragna
Asgard_Ragna
COL
COL
realm_3
DotD 5.3a Bug Report - Page 5 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-01-20

Thu 10 Apr 2008, 13:37
I don't think he meant it good. I can't stand people like him which subordinate other people that they do nothing without inform themself about the situation.

If I were you s3rius, I would be very angry if he develops the map.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Thu 10 Apr 2008, 15:39
Well, what will it do when I start swearing at him and wish that he dies? Not a bit.
If he's got the map and being aggressive will not help any of us..

Of course I am not happy if someone screws around in my intellectual property without permission, and even lets it sound like I wouldn't care for my map at all.

But as long as I don't know where he lives and hire a professional to "solve" that incident, I can't do shit about this anyway.
I actually thought that the hackers will start coming after dotd got popular, not at times like this lol Razz
Asgard_Ragna
Asgard_Ragna
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-01-20

Thu 10 Apr 2008, 16:20
We just can hope that he doesn't name it beta 5.4 because this will confuse many people...I believe.
Lisianthus
Lisianthus
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-11-03
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Thu 10 Apr 2008, 19:26
He hasn't uploaded it yet at least.

Last edited by Lisianthus on Fri 11 Apr 2008, 08:35; edited 1 time in total
Kortes
PFC
PFC
realm_1

DotD 5.3a Bug Report - Page 5 Empty My version

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 01:45
Finally i finished map for public release. Yesterday i can´t finished it : my PC was broken :-(.
Evething important about changes is in new thread Link to thread.
About of your reactions:
1. WC3 Maps cannot be protected. Protecting is only good for small map size, but ruining WC3 mapmaking community - cant used GUI of triggers.
2. You release your first 5.3beta map: 12 Jan 2008. To this day is 3 moths and map has still big bugs in triggers.
3. Map name is still 5.3Beta ....
4. I make only some fix in map.
5. Map dont need 99% of changes only few ...

Map link isnt still here, why? I need test it before i post link here, but i need sleep too :-(. So today in the afternoon will be here(in new thread).
Lisianthus
Lisianthus
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-11-03
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 08:35
Kortes wrote:
Map link isnt still here, why? I need test it before i post link here, but i need sleep too :-(. So today in the afternoon will be here(in new thread).
Don't upload it yet, I think you should read what I have written in the other post before at least thinking of uploading.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Fri 11 Apr 2008, 14:46
Kortes wrote:
1. WC3 Maps cannot be protected. Protecting is only good for small map size, but ruining WC3 mapmaking community - cant used GUI of triggers.
2. You release your first 5.3beta map: 12 Jan 2008. To this day is 3 moths and map has still big bugs in triggers.
3. Map name is still 5.3Beta ....
4. I make only some fix in map.
5. Map dont need 99% of changes only few ...

1. I protected the map mainly because I don't want anyone to get their hands onto systems like the save triggers. And there are enough people (like you) who get that map, modify it, and release it. Whether those changes are good or whether that person wants to display himself as the map maker doesn't matter. I am always helping mapmakers when someone asks me for help, and also I am willing to share systems or triggers with others (as long as it isn't something as stated above). And since when does the WC3 map-making community consists of people hack maps instead of making one themself?

2. I never ever said that I'd continuously bring out beta versions. Those betas were mainly used to locate bugs since I can't do that completely on my own. And I only made the betas public to show the people that a new DotD is coming. I could have just gathered some friend and simply played the beta only in private games - in this case you wouldn't even know about the betas!
I didn't even intend to release more 5.3a betas.. or do you think that I'm so pathetic and lazy that I can't even fix some problems within 3 months?

3.As stated above, I didn't intend to bring out more betas .. and I for sure didn't intend to let other people bring out more betas..
I know that there are probably many people unpleased about the bugs and errors in beta4, but, hell, it's called beta, it's not supposed to be perfect in any way. If someone wants to play a flawless game he needs to wait for the final release.

4.Whether the map only needs a few changes or 99% is not for you to decide. At the beginning I just wanted to add some rather small changes to improve DotD5.2, but working on it fueled my ambition to create a map of which I can proudly say that it is clearly superior to the old work and I never imagined to bring it that far.

When I started with DotD5.3 (22nd October 2007, 20:30 GMT+1, yes I even know the hour!) I didn't know anything about JASS, heck, I could barely import models or skins. When I saw the 5k lines of JASS-code from the original DotD I would never have thought to accomplish more than modifying it a litte.
But with weeks and weeks of work and testing I somehow taught it myself, and suddenly some faceless guy simply takes my map and does with it whatever he wants to. THIS is what is ruining the map-maker community!
Kortes
PFC
PFC
realm_1

DotD 5.3a Bug Report - Page 5 Empty OMG

Sat 12 Apr 2008, 13:26
"link removed. Topic closed. Not only that you put yourself in as the new mapmaker of 5.3, you even posted the map unprotected. You went too far. Sadly I didn't notice that post earlier."

OMG what for noob ... . Map is now on epicwar noobs!!!!!!!
Bye stupid Clan S.T.A.R.S. . You never see me again here, i hope you are satisfied.

s3rius: bye, bye. That saves us the work to throw you out.
Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2006-02-04

Sat 12 Apr 2008, 14:33
You were lucky that I wasn't present yesterday... stealing someones map is against all mapping rules - you won't find friends here with that attitude. You could have offered your help...

Bye from me as well, you can return if you learned to respect other peoples work.
Evil or Very Mad

* Member banned *
minced.oath
RC
RC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2008-04-18

Fri 18 Apr 2008, 08:37
You are able to save experience in single player mode on this version. Ruins the satisfaction of getting to a higher level the hard way.

-Stratos-
0ldsk00L
0ldsk00L
PFC
PFC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2008-04-18

Fri 18 Apr 2008, 20:34
I haven't quite tested this yet.

But when playing DOTD 5.3

people have reported the antidote not working?

Checking it out now . . .
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Fri 18 Apr 2008, 21:14
It does. About a hundret people have already told me. But hey, that's the reason why I called it beta^^
linxuming0125
RC
RC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2008-05-22

Thu 22 May 2008, 08:16
hu lai kankan !~
geminus
RC
RC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2008-06-02

Mon 02 Jun 2008, 10:01
little bug
ESC hot key is the same to reload and exit skill menu
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Mon 02 Jun 2008, 16:04
Yes, some people noticed that. Esc is default for exiting skill menu, but I guess I'll change the reload key.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum