SSG
SSG
realm_3
Host & bot Pp_vis10
Regist Date : 2010-09-27

Host & bot Empty Host & bot

Mon 27 Sep 2010, 17:44
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
1st of all i dont know why i cant host (not only DotD)
2ndly I'd really wish to host my own ZDC official bots but because that seems little difficult at least i need a solution with DotD games (when available , if possible)
Do i need to get experience in DotD games to be authorized to host my own games or be a member in ZDC clan or something like that?

If anyone can help with my requests let me know

My acc in W3 btw is "GOsu_ImBa_NiNja"
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
Host & bot Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-07-29
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Host & bot Empty Re: Host & bot

Mon 27 Sep 2010, 18:26
You certainly do not need to be a member of ZDC to host DOTD. Infact I encourage everyone to host/play whether they are clan members or just looking for some gaming fun. As far as joining ZDC, simply showing an interest in the map is enough to be invited! Find myself or a shaman online to invite you.

If you need help in setting up a hosting bot let me know, I have set up several.
H_A_Z_E
H_A_Z_E
SSG
SSG
realm_3
Host & bot Pp_vis10

Tue 28 Sep 2010, 15:00
well when i say i cant host i mean when i create a game on b.net it's not visible or rather say not even hosted
i play warcraft III for a long time but i (almost) recently bought it and i might not have (for example) some basic updates or patches to host and do things
and yes i would like to join your clan but i forgot to mention i play from european server and as far as i know there is another clan for the server i use
and last , i would like to have a host bot but that would be my first so i would also need that help you mentioned setting it up
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
Host & bot Pp_off10

Tue 28 Sep 2010, 15:58
First of all, the game itself it not responsible for you not being able to host. That is most likely an issue with your router/modem. Those have built in firewalls which prevent other games from connecting to your computer. You will have to open what is called a port (using portforwarding) to your computer in your network. The ports Warcraft 3 uses are 6112-6119.

Then you also have to consider the firewall you have (should have) on your computer. That will also have to allow connections for the Warcraft 3 game. Once you are able to host personally, then we can talk about setting up a bot.
H_A_Z_E
H_A_Z_E
SSG
SSG
realm_3
Host & bot Pp_vis10

Tue 28 Sep 2010, 16:29
my router is not a problem , i usually have a good connection
as for firewall not sure....and i don't know much about it
can you be more precise about that port you said?
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
Host & bot Pp_off10

Tue 28 Sep 2010, 18:37
The having a fast internet connection only "reduces" the amount of lag there may be in one of your games. And if you don't have a port forwarding rule on your router then yes, your router is at least one of the problems why people can't join your games.

Think of a your router as a flat piece of wood. The warcraft 3 traffic tries to get to your computer on the other side of the wood but it can't get through the wood. So you "drill" a hole in the piece of wood (and label it warcraft 3), then all of the sudden that traffic can reach your computer! Ports range from 0 to around 65,000. Warcraft choose the numbers 6112-6119 to use for hosting their games over TCP. So you need to drill (open) those ports in your router so people can get to your computer. This is typically done under a tab labeled "port forwarding" in your router configuration page.

I know a piece of wood isn't super accurate but hopefully it clears up more information then it adds confusion.
delanov
delanov
MSG
MSG
realm_3
Regist Date : 2009-06-08

Tue 28 Sep 2010, 19:20
imho one bot is enough for now..not many dotd freaks left after sc2 release and its hard enough to fill up host game to more then 4-5 ppls^^ its easier to find dotd game then peps to play with
H_A_Z_E
H_A_Z_E
SSG
SSG
realm_3
Host & bot Pp_vis10

Tue 28 Sep 2010, 23:18
nice....if my router is the problem then i ll never be able to host
I am using an adaptor to get access to internet....the router is in the hands of my brother...and he is older...he never let me access it not even for a min even if he is not here....but i guess thats my concern , i leave hosting in your hands then
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
Host & bot Pp_off10

Wed 29 Sep 2010, 05:43
I wouldn't think of your router as a "problem" per say, it sounds like it is functioning as expected/intended. But ya, if your bro won't even add a simple port forward then hes just a dick.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum