Go down
firetridagger
firetridagger
SG
SG
realm_1
Add 2 more slots for the game? Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-07-04

Add 2 more slots for the game? Empty Add 2 more slots for the game?

Wed 08 Jul 2009, 04:52
Since a lot of people are playing Dawn Of The Dead now. I think it is necessary to open 2 more slots. Expanding from the maximum 8 people to 10 people.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1
Add 2 more slots for the game? Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-01-26
http://www.edge.ca

Add 2 more slots for the game? Empty Re: Add 2 more slots for the game?

Wed 08 Jul 2009, 05:44
Issue with this is that it would cause balancing issues for how strong the enemies would have to be which in turn would make it increasingly hard to solo early game on normal and Nightmare for some classes.

On top of that ammo would be even worse off than it sometimes is right now even with the engi. I hate to do it but I'll use DotA as an example.. its always been 10 people.. just because it became much more popular they didnt increase the amount of players to 12 Smile

The other reason I don't think it would be very practical is because the available classes would basically all be chosen.. if you have every skill imaginable being used its fair to say the game would lose some of its challenge.. 2 extra guns means a lot of extra firepower Smile

However I see where you are coming from as well... sometimes we have 9 or 10 people who want to play and 2 people get excluded.. which really sucks... also there are times where it would just be nice to have the extra fire power ^^ but I don't really see a problem with having 8 Smile but this is just me I am interested to see what other people think ^^
Sath
Sath
MG
MG
realm_3
Add 2 more slots for the game? Pp_fou10
Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net

Wed 08 Jul 2009, 06:49
+2 player controller slots would cost lots of effort to convert triggers and script , balancing the game...

but that would be awesome btw Mr. Green
aChiiies
aChiiies
2LT
2LT
realm_2
Regist Date : 2009-02-07

Wed 08 Jul 2009, 08:49
na i rckon 8 ppl is fine.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
Add 2 more slots for the game? Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Wed 08 Jul 2009, 14:10
In addition to the above reasons there are problems with the game's mechanic.
Wc3 is not made to have hundreds of units on the map. When the unit count exceeds a certain limit of ~120 per player the AI starts to lag and units randomly freeze.
To prevent that, I am using two instead of one unit player slot for zombies.

Also all of the map's triggers are made to deal with 8 human players. If I increased it, then it would take days of work to make it work correctly.

The unfortunate drawback that the game is full quite fast has to be put up with.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum