Biber's playground. I need reinforcements!

+9
Eulogy
FanofFear
Proxy
^Grim
Tangax
Mishotaki
s3rius
Lisianthus
Biberkrieger84
13 posters
Go down
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
Biber's playground. I need reinforcements! - Page 2 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Biber's playground. I need reinforcements! - Page 2 Empty Re: Biber's playground. I need reinforcements!

Fri 03 Jul 2009, 06:29
IA-Firestarter wrote:
s3rius wrote:
FanofFear wrote:Well it is a good idea but it would be hard to program a bit since table contents set the exp of every hero gaining ratio. It would be hard to modify the exp of certain players though it is a good idea. Though i could be wrong since i experiment with world editor a lot

If I remember correctly there is a native function like SetHeroExperienceGain() which lets me modify the hero's xp modifier directly Razz

I don't want to make Generals too much more powerful. Spawning riflemen or an increased xp gain would make them significantly better which kind of removes the point of having higher difficulties. I'd have to make the game even harder for high-ranks so it's a challenge for them.

Lets go back to my idea tho, Having the ability to see other teamates and their vision for a limited time.
i think it would be pretty uber... but i think it would be more realistic to just see the teammates themselves (like a vision field of 1 instead of the normal... i don't know.. 800) so that you can spot someone more easily than with the -tl command.... so you could like save someone from being tackled by a hunter.... or just identify who died at one place (get the CPR kit from the right body)... or just know who is where...
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
1SG
1SG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-04

Biber's playground. I need reinforcements! - Page 2 Empty Re: Biber's playground. I need reinforcements!

Mon 20 Jul 2009, 06:33
I know I'd kinda digg a passive skill that lets you see the COLOR of the ping when you 'tl'. Can't tell you how many times I need to find a certain person, and everyone's so spread out that -tl doesn't help me at all. This would also go along with the General's role as a commander, no?
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1
Biber's playground. I need reinforcements! - Page 2 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-01-26
http://www.edge.ca

Mon 20 Jul 2009, 06:50
hm that is actually the one thing that I would say would make the current b7 map perfect in terms of.. new toys lol.. ^^ very good idea Pilgrim Very Happy
Xetras
Xetras
SG
SG
realm_3
Regist Date : 2009-07-19

Mon 20 Jul 2009, 11:25
s3rius wrote:I don't want to make Generals too much more powerful. Spawning riflemen or an increased xp gain would make them significantly better which kind of removes the point of having higher difficulties. I'd have to make the game even harder for high-ranks so it's a challenge for them.

Oh yeah? Well, most higher up in the brass, especially generals, tend to be old geezers in their late 50s. So if you want it realistic and challenging, the generals will have lower max health, lower movement speed, the ability to randomly get leg fracture every once in a while... eh... and l suppose in some cases minor to severe lack of bladder control (good luck programming that s3rius!) Laughing

Nah, joke aside, I think the possibility to see where your team mates are, even just reduced vision, is a good idea. It would be an advanced version of the ability to check your team mates' ammo (don't remember what rank that was)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum