Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1
Dawn of the Dead: 6.0 beta 1 released! Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-04

The most recent Dawn of the Dead version made by s3rius. Once again it is time to hunt some undead down! V6.0 offeres a variety of new classes, skills, features and enemies and the whole gameplay backs away from camping and basebuilding. Instead you will find yourself in an extremely dynamic and entertaining battlefield. Go ahead and test it out - if you encounter bugs (it's still beta), be invited to post them here

[Download here]

Long time it took, but today I am happy to release Dawn Of The Dead 6.0 Beta 1

You'll notice that the game changed drastically, so don't have confidence in your old DotD knowledge.
Also, the map is far from finalization, but I assure you that antidote works Wink. I rely on everyone's bug reports and ideas.

Some general information:

-The save system
It works perfectly, but it is not final and I will most likely change it sooner or later. Codes created with Beta 1's save system might not work for later versions.

-What is saved?
Unlike in DotD 5, you do not save your hero level. During the game you gain "Rank-XP" (which is shown in the multiboard). This rank-xp is the only that that will be saved. You will always start at level 1, even after loading! By gathering enough rank-xp you will be promoted from a lowly Private up to a General. Every promotion provides you with permanent small boni such as hitpoints, mana, regeneration, movement speed, et cetera.

-Whut? Barricades?
Unlike in DotD 5, the engineer can neither build barricades nor other fortifications. Why not? The gameplay has changed from camping (barricade yourself in and wait) to army (being in motion constantly). That doesn't mean that you should run around alone, obviously.

-Satchel carnage?
Unlike in DotD 5, every kind of explosive will damage you and most likely kill you. Be it a rocket launcher, grenades or satchels. Use them carefully and make sure no friendlies are nearby.

-What to do?
From time to time you will receive orders from your superiors who assign you a mission. Successfully finishing these missions will result in extra experience.

~Sunny
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

No Comment.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum