Go down
Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1
When will wold war III be? - Page 2 Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-04

When will wold war III be? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will wold war III be?

Sat 28 Jun 2008, 21:30
But how do you know this number is rising or you just think it's rising? I have yet to see reliable evidence for this. How you want to count something this scientifically anyway?

Ok, the video had an interesting point of view, and I would tend to agree on his argumentation IF I would agree on his worst case scenario. He acts as this would be a proven fact. Where is the scenario where current deserts would become habitable due to higher rainfall (higher temp = more evaporation)? Whole africa could profit from this enourmously. If you would substitute his "worst-case" box with this scenario, column A would turn out to be avoidable due to all that costs blown into the dust.

You see my point? He just puts out one of the several excisting scenarios for his grid - at any time you can use this model to "prove" the exact opposite.

Secondly, my other point was that it is not 100% confirmed that all the CO2 actually contributes to the global warming that much. So, giving out money for something that would happen anyway with or without humankind, sounds senseless to me.

However, I don't say we should stop with our efforts to reduce environmental contamination and the CO2 output. If that much CO2 in our atmosphere has any effect, then I guess it would be a negative (not in terms of global warming). It has also the positive side effect that everyone keeps house with the remaining ressources (oil mainly).

PS: Was für ein Zaunpfahl? Nie davon gehört... Surprised

Last edited by Sunny_D on Sat 28 Jun 2008, 22:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong word @_@)
alibababert
SSG
SSG
realm_1
When will wold war III be? - Page 2 Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2008-06-26

Sat 28 Jun 2008, 22:18
Sunny_D wrote:But how do you know this number is rising or you just think it's rising? I have yet to see reliable evidence for this. How you want to count something scientifically anyway?

Ok, the video had an interesting point of view, and I would tend to agree on his argumentation IF I would agree on his worst case scenario. He acts as this would be a proven fact. Where is the scenario where current deserts would become habitable due to higher rainfall (higher temp = more evaporation)? Whole africa could profit from this enourmously. If you would substitute his "worst-case" box with this scenario, column A would turn out to be avoidable due to all that costs blown into the dust.

You see my point? He just puts out one of the several excisting scenarios for his grid - at any time you can use this model to "prove" the exact opposite.

Secondly, my other point was that it is not 100% confirmed that all the CO2 actually contributes to the global warming that much. So, giving out money for something that would happen anyway with or without humankind, sounds senseless to me.

However, I don't say we should stop with our efforts to reduce environmental contamination and the CO2 output. If that much CO2 in our atmosphere has any effect, then I guess it would be a negative (not in terms of global warming). It has also the positive side effect that everyone keeps house with the remaining ressources (oil mainly).

PS: Was für ein Zaunpfahl? Nie davon gehört... Surprised

You got a good point, but, when it is confirmed that CO2 actually contributes to the global warming that much, it would be too late.

My point is: we should do something, but not too much.
Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2006-02-04

Sat 28 Jun 2008, 22:50
Yes, it could be too late then. But from what I have heard in the past years, I tend to not believe in this scenario. But none can tell for sure. And if the video clip proved anything, then that it is just a matter of balancing the possible pro's and contras.

But at least, you and s3rius have your own opinions, and I highly acknowledge and respect this. My point isn't proven as well. I have heard so many stupid people that just say "oh my gosh, da global warming!" because it's the common opinion. One answered me with the sentence: "Dude, don't you watch TV?". I just had to laugh due to that naivity...
+blank
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Sat 28 Jun 2008, 23:26
Well CO2 is a greenhouse gas. Greenhouse gases are regulating the gobal temperature and global warming. That is a proven fact. The more CO2 the more temperature will be "stored". Without it we'd be doing pretty bad, too, though. It is also a fact that the CO2 concentration grew by roughly 1/3 within the last 100 years or so. I think the NASA and UNO did some research on that o0. In how far this growth causes global warming is the question. But linking greenhouse gases the the warming feels like adding 1 plus 1.

A short google search also tells me that deserts are getting larger instead of smaller / less hostile. I guess that's not (only) by global warming, but by exploitation of the ground, but still not nice Mad
I'd say your statement (higher temp = more evaporation) counteracts itself. It might cause more rainfall, but it also causes even faster evaporation of what will rain down. Also rainfall in desert areas which are far away from any ozean (that are most) won't be reached by clouds that easily.

I agree with you that someone who answers with "Dude, don't you watch TV?" or similar is the paternalism and naivity in person and should be shot until they have bigger holes than the ozone layer does.

Of course we can disagree to the guy's worst case scenario, but unfortunately we also can not terminate the possibility that it will happen exactly like this.

Whoever of us is right - we'll know in 20 years. I hope it's you..
schattenkrieger
MSG
MSG
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-10-23

Sun 03 Aug 2008, 21:56
as soon as the resource crisis starts to cause my trouble. the countries with the last remaining remnants of them will be fought for by the most powerful nations thus causing everyone to fight each other for the last drops of oil

so either way, there'll be something to watch on TV from now on Wink
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1
When will wold war III be? - Page 2 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-01-26
http://www.edge.ca

Fri 12 Jun 2009, 03:02
About 5 days after I finish Basic Training. Lmao
aChiiies
aChiiies
2LT
2LT
realm_2
Regist Date : 2009-02-07

Fri 12 Jun 2009, 03:46
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Australia is gunna become desert in about few hundred years or even less. lol

awsome. =p
4.H-Pestilence-
4.H-Pestilence-
SGM
SGM
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-04-30

Fri 12 Jun 2009, 07:29
Eulogy wrote:About 5 days after I finish Basic Training. Lmao
That's not fair, my training takes 2 years! IF I make it, of course.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Fri 12 Jun 2009, 08:09
lol Mine only takes like one year ^^ 3 months for basic, 6-12 months for advanced
4.H-Pestilence-
4.H-Pestilence-
SGM
SGM
realm_1

Fri 12 Jun 2009, 10:01
Assessment and Selection:

1–8 weeks Naval Special Warfare Preparatory School (new recruits)
3 weeks Indoctrination Course at Naval Amphibious Base Coronado
24 weeks Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) training at the Naval Special Warfare Center, Naval Amphibious Base Coronado

SEAL Qualification Training:

5 weeks parachute training (1 week of static-line, 3 and a half of military free-fall) at the U.S. Navy Tactical Air Operations School in San Diego, CA
4 weeks Cold Weather Survival Training at Naval Special Warfare Cold Weather Detachment Kodiak, Alaska.
2 weeks of SERE
1 week of Tactical Communications
1 week of Tactical Medicine and Combat Casualty Care
1 week of classroom instruction in US Special Operations
2 weeks of Maritime Operations
2 weeks of Tactical Combat Swimmer
1 week in Armed and Unarmed Combatives
1 week in Close Combat Weapons
3 weeks in Close Quarters Combat
1 week in Long Range and Indirect Weapons
3 weeks in Small Unit Tactics (SUT) or Land Warfare
Oh my god! But before I commit, I'm going to ask about the Army Special Forces, Marine Force Recon and Air Force Pararescue Jumpers. Hopefully I will make it into one of the above. Did you speak to a recruiter, Omni?
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Fri 12 Jun 2009, 10:05
Yeah I did Smile I've also already had my interview and medical and a few other things done.. lol we will be well prepared for ww3? xD
4.H-Pestilence-
4.H-Pestilence-
SGM
SGM
realm_1

Fri 12 Jun 2009, 10:11
Eulogy wrote:Yeah I did Smile I've also already had my interview and medical and a few other things done.. lol we will be well prepared for ww3? xD
Why yes, yes we will. I look forward to serving with the fabled OmniEulogy, Savior of Canada and all that is Canadian, eh? But it's gonna be pretty competitive, like kill count for example. One day though, you'll lose track of your kill count and you'll be like.. Damn. I think that something will happen in 2012, but I'm not sure what.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Fri 12 Jun 2009, 10:14
lol in 2012 I bet the same amount of hype will be made about it as Y2K lol anyway my kill count is always high in DotD so I suppose we will have to see how it fares irl lol.. Paintball gives me an advantage though I would hope Wink lol
4.H-Pestilence-
4.H-Pestilence-
SGM
SGM
realm_1

Fri 12 Jun 2009, 10:16
Eulogy wrote:lol in 2012 I bet the same amount of hype will be made about it as Y2K lol anyway my kill count is always high in DotD so I suppose we will have to see how it fares irl lol.. Paintball gives me an advantage though I would hope Wink lol
So does your 20/20 vision. If you take away my contacts or glasses, I am screwed. The military probably will ask for me to get laser corrective surgery though, and in some freak accident I get like 20/5 vision. Paintball is awesome, and Airsoft is pretty cool too. Airsoft leaves good sized welts all over your skin though, and it stings a good bit. I've never played paintball before.
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1

Fri 12 Jun 2009, 10:20
Paintball is good if you want a more stratagized game I find.. Airsoft is good for a group of kids around where you live to go and hurt eachother for awhile rofl

THATS HOW WE DO IT, we stop ww3 by hiring Asian Airsoft players.. they use Metal shots in some tournaments... fucking crazy bastards... anyway we use them to take out the world leaders and then we impose our own governments.. either that or it will start ww3 either way rofl
Die_Plz
Die_Plz
MSG
MSG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-05-26

Fri 12 Jun 2009, 15:36
AHAHA ASIANS FTW Razz No Racism there Eug
Biberkrieger84
Biberkrieger84
SSG
SSG
realm_3
Regist Date : 2009-03-12

Fri 12 Jun 2009, 16:05
The question is not:" When it will be?" The question is:" Who will win?"

Its me for sure. Hail to me!
aChiiies
aChiiies
2LT
2LT
realm_2
Regist Date : 2009-02-07

Fri 12 Jun 2009, 22:36
no1 wins in ww3 they will all be fucked l ol
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum