Go down
Asgard_Ragna
Asgard_Ragna
COL
COL
realm_3
So, what to do know... Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-01-20

So, what to do know... Empty So, what to do know...

Sat 29 Mar 2008, 17:07
I think the next question we now have to ask is...what to do to grow and get more public?

Since some people now got quiet active again we should try to introduce ourselves to other communities or get some sort of advertisment.

What do you think? Any ideas?
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
So, what to do know... Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

So, what to do know... Empty Re: So, what to do know...

Sat 29 Mar 2008, 19:26
Well, those of us who are also on other boards could put this forum's URL into their signature.

I'm always advertising DotD5.3 and this forum when I find new dotd-fans.

We could also go out on the streets and hand out some flyers Smile

And I guess wc Top200 isn't too bad also..
Ardnor
Ardnor
CSM
CSM
realm_1
So, what to do know... Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2006-09-22

Sat 29 Mar 2008, 21:23
Well the first thing is to make dotd a popular game on btlle net b4 this board will get popular. One day it will be more popular than Dota Very Happy And secondly, we can make something to keep people (and me 2 Very Happy) awake so that nobody disappears.
Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2006-02-04

Mon 31 Mar 2008, 22:48
Top200 actually does recruit the most new visitors for our site - we have to keep that up. Also, In future I'd like to have a stronger modding community here on our page (you probably noticed some additional profile entries already) that creates many interesting mods/maps under one (STARS-) banner. The first step will be s3rius' next DotD version, we'll see how that will contribute. Also our SCII project will be a part of the plan. I've also some additional features planned for our forum, but well, I'd like to have the projects running a little better first - I don't want to have shot all the bolts before the machinery starts running.

In general, I encourage everyone interested to learn or improve specific modding skills - that could be coding, terraining textures/graphics etc... whatever, and not restricted to WCIII. The higher the quality and the more professionals around here, the better. Also, better don't make the mistake I often do, because I tend to gain knowledge of all and everything instead of concentrating on one or two. if you have already a very good skill in a particular subject or you have learned something new, feel free to create your own tutorials (don't copy, of course) of any related kind, so we can form kind of a knowledge-base. There is already a hidden forum waiting to be released in time, in order to gather all modders and make it possible to recruit people if someone has a project or an idea - and there is no real need to always stick to a zombie-related topic. Wink

Besides that, I really would wish I had more power over the forum's appearance. The possibilities of CSS is pretty restricted... what bugs me incredibly...

Uh... also, we should not let "the risen" die - it's really funny and could probably find much more participants in future.

Just an idea for your map, s3rius: now that I have read about deathmatch again in another post, it could probably be interesting to make a DotD DM-ladder, competition or tournaments... could turn out quite funny. Haven't thought about details yet, but If you need something on the forum (profile fields, icons, systems, etc...) don't hesitate to tell me - nothing is impossible unless stated otherwise. Mr.Red
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Tue 01 Apr 2008, 00:03
Sunny_D wrote:The first step will be s3rius' next DotD version
Me is worky worky, but that'll take up *some* more time Twisted Evil

And about the Deathmatch tournament - I've thought about that, too. Some people suggested a sort of Team Capture the Flag, which sounded great! But first the normal game mode has to be finished - and with the implementation of missions that'll take up a lot more time (currently I've only 1 mission complete and working). when everything's more or less balanced and the comunity has grown a competition would be great.
Ardnor
Ardnor
CSM
CSM
realm_1

Tue 01 Apr 2008, 15:46
In general, I encourage everyone interested to learn or improve specific modding skills

You managed to encourage me Very Happy What skills do we have lacks in? Razz So that we don't have 10 Terrain Pros xD.

But I'll go on with W3 again after some time... I'm leaving for the next week.
Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1

Tue 01 Apr 2008, 16:53
First of all it should be something you really like to do, something you really can develop a passion for. Generally, I think we could need a modeler (we have only Lis learning 3D modeling to my knowledge), good cinematic creators or - to open a complete new field if someone is interested - music or sound creators.

That are the most wanted, but of course all specialization are welcome - graphic artist or texturer or heck, even terrainer! Mr.Red Anything that could be helpful for future projects in the end... and the skills should not end with warcraft III - we must stay up-to-date and the more games we know, the better it is.
+^^
Ardnor
Ardnor
CSM
CSM
realm_1

Tue 01 Apr 2008, 17:34
I'm now having fun with 2d graphics in photoshop (maybe I will show you my ,,works" Very Happy) but we will see. Well music I think is quite hard and not the thing we need really much. (There are billion other people who can do it for us Razz ) but on the other hand it's the funniest from all Razz I will see. Modelling I think will be too hard but cinematics... There is a map Movie Maker (w3) that I really enjoy so I will try in this field Wink. I'll find myselfs some tutorials.

EDIT: Well my skills also affect other, but ooolder games Razz I once created maps to Age of Empires 2 Razz

Btw. whats this RPG I have in profile? Does anybody play it?

Last edited by Ardnor on Tue 01 Apr 2008, 17:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Alzheimer and other memory related illnesses)
Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1

Tue 01 Apr 2008, 17:47
Yep, sound/music creator are mainly for those who play an instrument - I assume the step over to digital editing wouldn't be that far, and I just mentioned it so everyone knows that could be needed as well. maybe there is one hidden musician among us! Mr.Red Once we advanced a little more with our projects, I think we will find others on newgrounds or ocremix maybe that could participate in this sector....

I'll work on a list for all topics - with tutorials, sites etc... btw.

about the RPG: [LINK]
parad0x
parad0x
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-03-31
http://www.star-fury.com

Tue 01 Apr 2008, 17:51
Well, I play the guitar, but I wouldn't call myself a musician.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Tue 01 Apr 2008, 17:53
Some guy experienced in audio editing would be nice to find. I once tried wrapping mp3 files into a wav container (for wc3), but I failed miserably ^^
Ardnor
Ardnor
CSM
CSM
realm_1

Tue 01 Apr 2008, 17:54
I play guitarra too Very Happy But im noob xD
Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1

Tue 01 Apr 2008, 18:02
Aww, too bad... why not parad0x? We should initiate a STARS-band with Ardnor and parad0x! compress hehe, but I've also once played keyboard and never really escaped the learning-phase. Well, just was able to play some songs, but never was making music my own - too bad as I think now... Rolling Eyes
Asgard_Ragna
Asgard_Ragna
COL
COL
realm_3

Tue 01 Apr 2008, 18:12
Ardnor wrote:I play guitarra too Very Happy But im noob xD

dito

Sunny_D wrote:but I've also once played keyboard and never really escaped the learning-phase.

dito^^
Ardnor
Ardnor
CSM
CSM
realm_1

Tue 01 Apr 2008, 20:53
I learned how to operate with W3 camera Very Happy But moving units in cinematics is damn hard...
Ardnor
Ardnor
CSM
CSM
realm_1

Tue 01 Apr 2008, 23:42
All right my first movie is done :d In this movie a paladin says a sentence and the camera follows him on his trip to the human camp... Well, at least it should because the paladin is teleporteted to the point instantly and what's more I forgot to disable the cinematic mode in the end and you have to exit W3 through the manager Very Happy But anyway it's not as hard as I thought.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Tue 01 Apr 2008, 23:58
Haha, I also made that mistake at the beginning (move instantly) ^^
Asgard_Ragna
Asgard_Ragna
COL
COL
realm_3

Wed 02 Apr 2008, 14:41
I also startet a cinematic project...never finished it..it sucked through^^

Maybe i find it somewhere.

Edit: Maybe we should try to get this guy here...the 3 cinematics he uploaded are fcking aweseome...at least imho.
parad0x
parad0x
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-03-31
http://www.star-fury.com

Wed 02 Apr 2008, 18:23
Sunny_D wrote:Aww, too bad... why not parad0x? We should initiate a STARS-band with Ardnor and parad0x! compress hehe, but I've also once played keyboard and never really escaped the learning-phase. Well, just was able to play some songs, but never was making music my own - too bad as I think now... Rolling Eyes

Hah, wouldn't be the first internet band though.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Wed 02 Apr 2008, 19:25
But the first STARS band^^ you could play the resident evil jingle - that'd fit to the name Smile

@Asgard well, you may ask him, but I doubt he'd come to some no name clan like us, especially if he's some pro-editor. Also, I'm not sure, but it seems he's in clan CBS (which is hellofalot better than we are^^)

btw, Lisianthus told me he already wrote quite a lot for The Risen. So when he's back it's gonna continue I guess^^
Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1

Wed 02 Apr 2008, 19:56
Well, I'd wait with recruiting people anyway until we have more concrete projects running - unless s3rius needs a cinematic done for his DotD. It wouldn't be the best welcome if we invite people here without offering something to work on... Wink
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Wed 02 Apr 2008, 23:39
i agree with Sunny, we don't have much to do in the forums for now... except for your Risen game, nothing is much happening these days...
Ardnor
Ardnor
CSM
CSM
realm_1

Thu 03 Apr 2008, 17:28
Let's start online betting Very Happy
Asgard_Ragna
Asgard_Ragna
COL
COL
realm_3

Thu 03 Apr 2008, 18:05
Allright....maybe I will start smth again...I'm in the WE-Fever again.
Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1

Fri 04 Apr 2008, 16:34
Great, great! Share everything, m8! +oh
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum