Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1
FORUM - Reorganized Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-04
15 / 04 / 2007

As discussed, i reorganized the forum sections tonight. the basic structure is now finished. please be patient until i can redo some of the forum icons - as the most of you know, im having gfx-card issues currently and therefore i cant use photoshop as well...

following games have been added yet:

-Counterstrike: Source (Sunny_D)
-Counterstrike 1.6 (Asgard_Ragna)
-Half Life 2
-Half Life 2: Deathmatch
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (Evil_Pidgeon)
-Day of Defeat: Source (noco)
-WarcraftIII (parad0x, scholwa)

anyway, the forum sections have yet to be filled with info about the according games and topics.

therefore i was thinking that we could have moderators for each section who is also kinda responsible for that special section in terms of info. that means the mods (STARS officers group now) weekly check for new interesting info about their game, like updates, mods whatever. im not speaking about massive research, maybe 30 minutes per week working on the clan page is what im thinking off... you can even organize training sessions, wars, or whatever else you think is useful and entertaining.

sure, i dont want to force anyone of you... ;)

therefore you probably could post for what section you want to be mod... for now, all previous mods plus scholwa (as hes the chieftain of the wc3 bnet clan SBS) have this possibility. its better if you have - or can get - some experience in that section. you can also apply for more sections if you want. hope you want to offer your support :)

for the beginning, we would have to offer several things to make ppl join our community. it will start slowly but i hope we can attract many gamers to this site in future ;)

btw, the forum sections etc are probably not organized perfectly yet. if you have any suggestions to make it better (combine, split forums, threads etc), plz post as well. i want to make it easy for possibly everyone. in particular if you have ideas for new sections that i havent considered yet!

btw: profile and character sheet are updated. :)

--------------

possible areas available for forum mods and its tasks (for now):

-Counterstrike: Source (if you dont mind i take this section myself as its the only other online game im playing (with wc3) and that i know - probably also merge that with CS1.6, but i duno how much that is different from CSS...):

>> mods, skins, script, maps, servers, wars, competitions, training sessions, meetings, netsettings, spraylogos, game news... something like that...

- Half Life 2 and HL2 - Deathmatch:

>> Game news and especially new mods, maybe you write the one or other small review?, competitions etc....

- Other Games Section and The STARS Tavern (general talk):

>> moderate and feed the people with interesting new stuff from all areas of interest. this section has probably the most freedom ^^ news and reports about newly released or upcoming games could belong to that section as well. we should have 2 people doing that section (or partly... depends)

- Download Section:

>> keep the download links up-to-date, as we dont have an own space for files. find useful tools, maps, other stuff etc... and maybe you even rate and test some of them from time to time.

- Entertainment Section:

>> probably merged with the general talk section. find interesting flash games, organize arcade, i thought as well about something like a radio stream maybe for the site?

- Warcraft III

>> maybe a job for scholwa if he wants (but not necessarily if some else is interested. just thought as he is the clan leader... or parad0x maybe, as he said he doesnt play other online games (if i remember correctly ^^ ). section will contain like new maps, mods, clan games, wars, meetings... and so on. includes especially DotD and DotDS (if it finally will be ready ^^ ) of course

----------------------

thats it for now i guess... probably i have to temporarily close
the forum (like the hours today night) for some hours again within next
days to furhter work on it.... anyway, with some efford i think we can get many people to us (maybe we need an advertisement manager that posts us here and there? xD )

Last edited by on Sun 15 Apr 2007, 15:50; edited 5 times in total
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

parad0x
Tue 27 Mar 2007, 12:28parad0x
Yeah, me and shlowa can share the Warcraft section.
Sunny_D
Tue 27 Mar 2007, 12:40Sunny_D
excellent... thx m8 Wink

im giving you two mod rights now

btw, nice avatar ^^

Last edited by on Tue 27 Mar 2007, 12:43; edited 1 time in total
parad0x
Tue 27 Mar 2007, 12:41parad0x
Mwahahahaha. Anyho, time for some breakfast.
Sunny_D
Tue 27 Mar 2007, 12:45Sunny_D
hehe, btw if someone wondered the strange text when clicking on edit button... duno what caused that - im working on that =p

if you have something to fill the yet empty forums up, make a thread - im doing a break now ^^. its now up to us mods to make this an interesting place for players Wink

anyway, the general structure is now finished. the permissions (except the mods that havent posted yet here to the first post) are set up in its final version. at least how it should be. if something seems to be strange or you dont have access or mod rights to any area where you normally should, inform me. ill fix that asap. also if you see a thread where it shouldnt be, post it or move it to the appropriate section yourself if possible.

please give a short feedback if you can use the quick-reply elements - for some reason they dont work for me...

dont forget to reply to the first posts (@officers)

fixed icons and buttons will follow if its possible again for me.

Within the next days, the new sections of our forums will be filled with info Smile
Asgard_Ragna
Tue 27 Mar 2007, 16:29Asgard_Ragna
Ok for now I will nominate me for the 1.6 section, maybe i will administrate some more later.

Edit: Ahh forgot to say, maybe we should have some "editors" (english word for "redakteur" i hope^^) Which write some interesting news about the game-world (e.g. some interesting new games get released "like Stalker" or smth else)
Sunny_D
Tue 27 Mar 2007, 16:38Sunny_D
nice, thx :)

necessary forum rights granted already...

for the editor (yes, redakteur ^^ ) job - yes that will do the officers for their section. for other games like stalker for example we should have 1 or better 2 officers that supervise the Tavern (ye better 2 as there are more parts than only "other games"). they could write something about news, game info or whatever is up-to-date. ;)

btw, if anyone needs additional subforums, just tell me in the forum help or Headquarters
noco
Thu 29 Mar 2007, 11:14noco
sunny i will take the dods section since i am a pro dods player with much experience:D
Lisianthus
Fri 30 Mar 2007, 17:23Lisianthus
i want stalker to be added and to be mod over it =)
FREAKING NICE GAME u know xD
Asgard_Ragna
Fri 30 Mar 2007, 17:56Asgard_Ragna
YO VERY NICE GAME BUT A BIT TO SHORT......Shit *CAPSLOCK*
Lisianthus
Fri 30 Mar 2007, 22:31Lisianthus
shot are you kidding me??? it freaking huge imo
Asgard_Ragna
Fri 30 Mar 2007, 23:57Asgard_Ragna
I already finished it and have to say, it was short...if you just play the story and don't stay to long with the arena battles (you can make money with those battles).
Lisianthus
Sat 31 Mar 2007, 00:19Lisianthus
i know dude but there is billions of sidequests and there is always fun!
Asgard_Ragna
Sat 31 Mar 2007, 09:51Asgard_Ragna
Sunny if ya want i can although take the media section.

Edit: I think thats not to hard since cs 1.6 has no mods you have to download in the internet (you can download all at the servers) and the game is near end-status.
noco
Sun 01 Apr 2007, 12:19noco
sunny boy i will take the day of defeat source forum when you get around to make it

btw lothir came with a good suggestion since we are a warcraft clan why not expand to world of warcraft as well??
Sunny_D
Sat 14 Apr 2007, 07:53Sunny_D
eek! WoW! =P

well, depends... who of you is playing wow btw?

i would say, we probably change the cs1.6 section into stalker section if you say there are no mods for 1.6 ... didnt know that - never played ^^

and sure, ill make ya the mods for your requested sections - thx. :)

noco --> new DoDS section
Asgard --> Media section
Evil --> new Stalker section

if you need additional sub-forums, just tell me

-- last but not least, longer absence (not really, but no inet connection) of myself as you have seen last days is now pretty possible. atm i dont have inet at my flat anymore. ill try to get a guest-account at the FH... --

btw, asgard, your cs1.6 section is now within the cs section, i think probably good to keep that alive if there still ppl want to announce games, wars or whatever...
noco
Sat 14 Apr 2007, 11:03noco
welcome back sunny Very Happy
parad0x
Sat 14 Apr 2007, 13:35parad0x
I think we should add a subforum called parad0x is awsome. In which you can express your admiration of me.

And yeah, wb Sunny.
Sunny_D
Sat 14 Apr 2007, 18:56Sunny_D
heh, you wont get rid of me that fast... Wink

EDIT: Additional note - i will remove the download section within the next time and integrate them as seperate download categories within the relating game sections.
Sath
Fri 27 Apr 2007, 21:12Sath
parad0x wrote:I think we should add a subforum called parad0x is awsome. In which you can express your admiration of me.
Hehe sure rabbit

Well i will handle the Unreal section
hehe you forgot this awesome game Very Happy as i am a big big fan and the community is so big ...

I think we need make all the game categories look the same as the STALKER section is and fuse the HALF-LIFE2 and HALF-LIFE2 Deathmatch
noco
Sat 28 Apr 2007, 10:28noco
sure unreal is huge online too... why did i not think of that
Asgard_Ragna
Sat 28 Apr 2007, 15:42Asgard_Ragna
Ahh btw...there are mods for 1.6 like wc3 mod, hero mod and so on but the server admin have to download them and load them up....like in css i think
noco
Sat 28 Apr 2007, 16:12noco
you are right asgard it is the admin that puts in mod on servers...

and that means we need to have our own server to use mods:(
Sunny_D
Fri 04 May 2007, 16:41Sunny_D
ya... well you know... for now just search a server that has that mod installed...

good idea about unreal - i noticed the section already last week... about HL2-DM... should probably only be a simple part of hl2, ye... meanwhile i dont think many ppl are playing that currently... =p
noco
Fri 04 May 2007, 20:06noco
i agree sunny
Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum