Sath
Sath
MG
MG
realm_3
Update your bookmarks Pp_fou10
Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net
Info ! IMPORTANT : The dotd-stars domain name will expire in 58 days. as this host doesnt want to renew domain again for free ... the new url will be
Code:
http://board.sc2-mod.org

I will also change the theme of the forum to look a bit like the new one.

Later I will lock all topics and we will switch to new servers but unfortunatly we cannot backup all the data from this host to the new one.
That mean you will need to register again on the new forum.

I will make an option for you to have your post count and registration date updated in the new forum.
All post and topics will stay in here as archives but will not be updated or answered.

Update your bookmarks :-)

Thats it Smile anyway i will send a mail to all users next month. And will post more info before all those changes will happend

Some preview of the future forum , a theme i was working on in january, but i had to put on hold this project because i am pretty busy irl.

i think in some monthes i will be able to finish it.

Update your bookmarks Sc2-mod-site_0001

Update your bookmarks Sc2-mod-site_0002

Update your bookmarks Sc2-mod-site_0003

Update your bookmarks Sc2-mod-site_0004
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

hmmm
Sat 09 Jul 2011, 04:11hmmm
wow,this is sooooo cool
hmmm
Sat 09 Jul 2011, 04:12hmmm
omg,wait,what?!this forum is going to gone after 2 month?
Sath
Sat 09 Jul 2011, 08:16Sath
hmmm wrote:omg,wait,what?!this forum is going to gone after 2 month?

not exactly , its just the URL that will be invalid "dotd-stars.com" will point to an error page or something like that.

you will have to use the new url
hmmm
Sat 09 Jul 2011, 12:45hmmm
oh,ic.scare me,mean we getting one step closer to dotd7.0? Razz
ArCH_venom
Sun 10 Jul 2011, 08:18ArCH_venom
what about the risen section?
s3rius
Sun 10 Jul 2011, 13:05s3rius
Will all topics and posts be kept? It would be sad to lose everything.
Sath
Sun 10 Jul 2011, 13:59Sath
ArCH_venom wrote:what about the risen section?

It will be locked as other sections , new risen section will be created on the new forum if needed ,its also possible to copy /paste some stuff to make things easier.

s3rius wrote:Will all topics and posts be kept? It would be sad to lose everything.
All will stay as it on the old forum ,stored as 'archives' , only the post and reply fucntions will be locked to users and public.

Nothing is definitive right now, so if you have ideas or questions feel free to ask Smile

I will expose my project in an other post later , i will need some help to create new forum structures and categories.

Asgard_Ragna
Thu 14 Jul 2011, 16:12Asgard_Ragna
I guess I gotta buy Sc 2 sooner or later.
4.H-Pestilence-
Fri 15 Jul 2011, 06:284.H-Pestilence-
SC2 sort of sucks, honestly. I miss the old WC3 community & custom games before it all went to crap. (Too many bot hosts, too many idiots now)
Mishotaki
Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:55Mishotaki
4.H-Pestilence- wrote:SC2 sort of sucks, honestly. I miss the old WC3 community & custom games before it all went to crap. (Too many bot hosts, too many idiots now)
damned right, SC2 is only about playing, you get such small screen for chatting that most people never say anything... nothing wrong with playing, but WC3 built itself on being a comunity too, so SC2 fails at that...

Bot hosts are good to have, but now nobody makes games anymore, you only get bot hosting results... so it sucks...
Asgard_Ragna
Fri 15 Jul 2011, 17:04Asgard_Ragna
To be honest, personally I'm more interested in the Galaxy Editor than in the actual game.
4.H-Pestilence-
Sat 16 Jul 2011, 04:124.H-Pestilence-
The Galaxy Editor is amazing. I tested this one map called Event Horizon (like the movie) it had older Resident Evil (1,2,& etc.) style camera angles, you know, the really crappy ones that make it really difficult to see to the point where I'm constantly getting ambushed or getting stuck trying to go to the next area.
s3rius
Sat 16 Jul 2011, 22:14s3rius
I think Sc2 kinda does a good job at that actually. You got a bunch of features that really make socializing easier.

You can join several chat channels at once.
You can stay and talk in chat channels while playing games.
You can have a chat window for each of your private chats. So no more "sorry what did you say? map was loading." anymore.
You have a larger friend list with some nice features (friend notes and last-seen-online).

Warcraft 3's lobby chat wasn't that much bigger. It just had better proportions (it was small in height but had a good length).

What I really think is diminishing the community aspect of the game is the community itself.
In my entire time of playing Warcraft 3 I haven't met as many idiots and utter assholes as in the relatively short time of playing Sc2.

Custom games consist of:
10% assholes
80% of people who don't say a word
10% of nice guys

Not a very good ratio.
It feels like great parts of the Sc2 community don't even WANT to socialize with others.
A lot of chat channels of popular games are basically empty.
The only thing that is said in the lobby is usually "gogogogo".
So many hosts simply go afk after they opened the game.

Sure, a lot of things could be better about the game.
But in Wc3 it was even worse. We coped with it because we had to. Not because it was actually a good system.
At least that's my take on it.
wiwter
Sun 17 Jul 2011, 20:06wiwter
Amazing work sath, what else can say , so the sc2 will be theme of this forum then, eh?
but GJ and GL.
(come online someday so we can play >_<)
Asgard_Ragna
Mon 18 Jul 2011, 16:36Asgard_Ragna
Btw S3r, you already played around with the Galaxy Editor a bit?
Sath
Tue 19 Jul 2011, 07:48Sath
i think not just "a bit" Rolling Eyes

@wiwter : im online almost daily but early morning or late at night only .. I sleep during the day lol
s3rius
Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:43s3rius
Yea, I made two maps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3dNQbYWZ80&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ox3PDkLKaM&feature=related

But at least for now I stopped working with the editor.
It's too primitive Razz
Working with real programming tools is more fun and challenging, but of course it takes much much longer to produce results.
Asgard_Ragna
Tue 19 Jul 2011, 15:23Asgard_Ragna
Ahh I somehow remember the first link...the second fun is funny through, lol.
xRiotZx
Sun 24 Jul 2011, 16:52xRiotZx
There is no DOTD on SCII and we are becoming an SCII website? I'm a bit confused.
HorstRabe
Wed 27 Jul 2011, 21:20HorstRabe
ouf. time for a new homepage. there are ads here!
xRiotZx
Sat 30 Jul 2011, 15:30xRiotZx
Yeah I looked at those SC2 maps S3r, Baneling Ruins ftw lol.
Asgard_Ragna
Sun 04 Sep 2011, 20:51Asgard_Ragna
So, when's the new design coming? =)
Sath
Mon 05 Sep 2011, 00:52Sath
oh wow .. i must admit im totally surprised the domain name already changed xD i though some days were remaining ..
ArCH_venom
Mon 05 Sep 2011, 04:13ArCH_venom
caught me off guard today, i couldn't find the bookmark! had to flip the whole interweb over to find this. whew
Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum