Sath
Sath
MG
MG
realm_3
WCIII - Dawn of the Dead | F.A.Q. Pp_fou10
Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net

WCIII - Dawn of the Dead | F.A.Q. Empty WCIII - Dawn of the Dead | F.A.Q.

Sat 14 Oct 2006, 15:08
------ Dawn of the Dead 5 - Game FAQ ------

Sunny_D wrote:
Q: What is this map about?

A: This is a team-survival map - you choose a hero with individual abilities and meet with your allies (all human players are
allied - you play against the computer) at one point of the map. one of
your team should be engineer to build up some defense to counter the
incoming undead entities. Survive as long as you can!

Q: Fatty? Gatling? RP? what the hell are you talking about?

A: Some terms of DotD you should know:

• Fatty - the wave boss, much bigger than common enemies
  • Engi - the engineer character class
  • Gatling - the gatling gun. a powerful item that you exchange for weed and lighter
  • Weed/Lighter - also items, you can find it anywhere on map
  • RP - item, recharge pack
  • also visit: http://board.sc2-mod.org/viewtopic.forum?t=23

Q: How many waves are there?

A: All in all there are 10 waves. Every wave ends with an incoming boss.

Q: When do i enter my saved code?

A: At the beginning of the map! from start you have 3 minutes to enter your correct code.

Q: Does the code of my friend also work for me?

A: No! your b.net nickname is included in the save code to avoid abuse. you can only load your own code. also you cant load with a code from another of your accounts of course.

Q: "So many nice items. im level 1 but if im careful i can get some!"

A: Well, in most cases this is the last thing you will think.
this often ends in a deadly punch of a zombie. dont go out searching
for items during the waves, unless you are scout or a player of a
higher level. a good time to gather items is when the boss appears, as
there will be only one enemy on the map then.

Q: What character-class should i choose?

A: Generally its good to have a medic, engineer, tactical ops
and a scout in your team. if you are a beginner, its better you leave
the important classes for the more experienced players, as they have
more mana and thats helpful for the whole team! a good class for
beginners is marine or grunt. for a detailed desription of all classes
visit this link:

http://board.sc2-mod.org/viewtopic.forum?t=2

Q: We gathered all items. Will there be reinforcements?

A: During wave 5 and also on wave 8 there will be dropped additional ammunition - scattered over the whole map.

Q: I found a nice item and now another one wants it. Is it a disadvantage for me to give it away?

A: On the contrary! in the most cases it is much better for you to give specific items to allies that need it more. some items just are of a better use if they are with a specific character class. for example mana-restoring items like recharge-packs or battery expansions should primary go to the engineer that needs mana to build up a better defense for the team. its always bad, if an engineer runs out of mana and the base cant get repaired as fast as it gets destroyed. for more information on the itmes visit this link:

http://board.sc2-mod.org/viewtopic.forum?t=23

Q: Are weed and lighter used to get stoned?

A: Not in DotD5. you need both items in your inventory and you need to be of a level higher than 50 to exchange this two items for a really good weapon - the gatling gun. if you have the mentioned above requirements, you need to go to a specific point on the map (visit http://board.sc2-mod.org/viewtopic.forum?t=23 and scroll down a bit) and you get the gatling gun. this item should go to a marine or a grunt.

Q: Aah! the fatty is hunting me! why nobody helps me?

A: If the fatty is after you, dont panic! in those waves your team decides to look for items, someone should lure the fatty away from the base. the boss is usually after the hero with the lowest HP. so if he follows you, dont go near to the base and walk only on the main streets - this avoids getting trapped by the fatty in a building. keep on running until your team found enough items/ammo to survive. careful, some bosses have two lifes and they revive with greater speed. be sure the team helps you killing the boss fast then before he slays you.

Q: OMG! The fatty always destroys the base! What can I do?

A: Enemy units are always lured by units with the lowest health points. So if you have any strongly damaged barricades or turrets in your base, you should destroy those. this causes the fatty to follow another team-member and leaves your base almost every time. also, if any team-member is effected of poison, he will prefer another one too.

Q: I killed the fatty. and additionally right in front of the base. yea, lucky! but why seems none proud of my heroic deed?

A: After you killed the fatty, wait some more seconds and you will see why this was not the very best solution ;]. the fatties always leave a giant carpet of fire that destroys everything in range... (flying bosses dont). it needs some experience to see how close a boss can come near the base without destroying it.

Q: There is an idiot in the game that keeps on teamkilling. what can i do?

A: For those people the developers created the command "-boot (color)". can be used only by the red player and this will kick the corresponding player.

Q: When i should save?

A: Generally only if you leave or the game is going to end. Remember that you can save only once per game!

Q: Why my code doesn't work ?

A: The most problems occur while writing down the code. be aware of mistakes like mixing up '0' and 'O', or '1' with an 'I' or 'l'.

Q: My code still gets corrupted. i get a wrong amount of characters.

A: Sometimes codes are corrupted. there is nothing to do against that. but if you keep getting bad codes all the time, your b.net nick name could cause problems if it contains strange symbols or is very long. if this happens, the only solution is a new nickname. also, dotd5 has a bug that allows people only to save up to level 140 or rather 999999 exp. all level codes above may be bugged and useless.

Q: I lost my code, my dog ate my notepad, aliens destroyed my computer...

A: Well, there is no antidote against absent-mindedness yet =) , but its always the best not to save the codes only digitally. good old paper is ways better. make a list with your codes and also keep some earlier codes - as you never know when you get a corrupted code.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum