Go down
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1
(08/2009 - 10/2009 ) General Discussions [Closed] - Page 7 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-06-02

(08/2009 - 10/2009 ) General Discussions [Closed] - Page 7 Empty Re: (08/2009 - 10/2009 ) General Discussions [Closed]

Sun 18 Oct 2009, 10:11
Only YOU can prevent Fatty Pwnage... Is fatty by chance a mutated Smokey The Bear?

-Lord Proxy
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-29
http://www.dotd-stars.com

(08/2009 - 10/2009 ) General Discussions [Closed] - Page 7 Empty Re: (08/2009 - 10/2009 ) General Discussions [Closed]

Sun 18 Oct 2009, 15:51
i always thought they were mutated disgruntled postal workers seeking revenge against people who don't write clearly on their mail
PiscisKnight
PiscisKnight
MSG
MSG
realm_1
(08/2009 - 10/2009 ) General Discussions [Closed] - Page 7 Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2009-08-22

Sun 18 Oct 2009, 18:52
hahahhaha xD postal workers lol

----------

About new ideas:

Monstrosities should spawn after die something nasty... maybe like 10 hunters or something ^^
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1

Mon 19 Oct 2009, 22:43
Could Be... Could Be... I'll not rule it out
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
(08/2009 - 10/2009 ) General Discussions [Closed] - Page 7 Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Tue 20 Oct 2009, 02:31
Well, I'll throw in another question:

I want to make a boss out of the Shell Beetle (the huge crypt lord that is mashed by napalm bombs during White's defense).

Now I need some skills for him, something he could use to make your life like hell.

Stuff to work with: Spikes, raw power, burrowing, all other monsterbeetle-like shit.

Definite abilities at the moment:
Charge (runs with full speed and walks over everything in his path)
Burrowspikes (Spikes shoot out of the ground under the feet of the players, have to be evaded)
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 20 Oct 2009, 03:46
Perhaps the ability to summon little beetle spawns. Like have a shadow a appear on the ground, and a second and a half later have the small beetle jump out of the ground and stun near by people (including zombies?). The number of beetle to spawn and their rate is entirely up to how difficult you want it to be.
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1

Tue 20 Oct 2009, 04:19
Hmm what about the Beetle burrows and you get a small ring that pops up around a random soldier.. if the soldier doesn't get out of the way in time. it drags you under? as for Raw Power I think he should come charging at you and if you don't move he slams into you knocking you backwords and stunning you for sometime.

Will work on more ideas later

-Lord Proxy
Terrible
Terrible
PFC
PFC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-09-10

Tue 20 Oct 2009, 07:32
not sure how much raw power you're going to get out of it when its burrowed, the lurkers burrow and just stay there. Unless the shell beetle is only gonna be burrowed for a short amount of time then most other abilities will be useless cause it wont really use much else. the charge ability where i do agree that it should stun, knocking back might glitch into a wall or maybe get multiple hits if knocked straight ahead (i've got no clue if it will i've never done anything close to map making) so i think is should be more of a flattening stun where he crushes you into the ground instead of knocking away. something that i kinda would like is a boss that has very few other zombies around it so its mostly us vs it but its magic immune so we cant stun or net it (maybe even rockets), gives it the feeling of... more or less... unstoppable, for the raw power you want (its gotta be slow then or we just wont stand a chance). reincarnation to be evil. maybe something like cannibalize a nearby zombie to heal itself or eat the beetles it summons if you give it that ability. if you do give it burrow, instead of shooting spikes or anything, i think it should just teleport and unburrow somewhere else probably under some poor soldier who'll get stunned and dmged if he doesn't move in time. ok, i think im done OH WAIT as long as it spawns far away from the dock, you can have a trap there to make it fall into the water and have it take huge dmg but it gets pissed so if it doesn't die it gets like +200% move speed. now im gonna have fun reading like the past 7 pages since i just found this topic. im sure you'll hear more of me. and yea im slow, ive only clicked on the forum then ZDC clanhall
Terrible
Terrible
PFC
PFC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-09-10

Tue 20 Oct 2009, 10:21
ok, i've caught up. i like the tree cutting idea as an officer ability but it should take a clip to blow up a tree with a short cooldown. im sure a clip of 50 bullets have enough gunpowder to take out the trunk of a small tree. not realistic? you can use the ability to put a clip in the tree, by now im sure you got the combat knife or even shoot a dam hole in it, and that's all it does, but the tree can now be shot by a regular gun and then it blows up in a small AoE of bullets so dont stand close.

-the scout can scan for enemies and ammo. he should have a scan for weapons too.
-the scout gets hollow point ammo at lvl 4 scout-bility but demo has a big wastefull blank, he should get an ability like the assman where its a 10% chance his shot explodes or maybe he gets improves explosives and satchels. maybe a mortar that can either be another bomb or it shoots a flare nice and high to illuminate a huge area around the target for all to see.
-different type of firebat ammo sound really cool, make that useless "tank" useful in harder versions.
-the dead need a "pull the pin" option to slaughter themselves so we dont have to wait 3 mins for them to die when they're RIGHT THERE but we gotta follow civs to landing zone. and although i say "slaughter" and refer to a grenade, i expect there to still be a medvac-able corpse.
-for a new class how bout some twin pistol hero, hes got multishot so he can hit 2 units at the same time. abilities are... more dmg/faster reload - evasion, yes one that actually levels - single target, he shoots one target with both guns so 2X attack speed, no multishot lasts like 10 seconds. - disable shot 2 well placed shots to the legs. yea some should be for the class specific ability only having 1 level of it, but i cant think of too many more since "orb effects dont stack" so multishot and critical dont work together unless u can get around that. because he dual wields he cant really use secondary or primary weapons, only ammo. so yea disadvantage there so hes gotta be rambo XD (unless class specific ones, like ebony and ivory twin pistols either from devil may cry or hellsing.)
-i think the power/energy/agility mods should kinda do something more. basically only 1 MAYBE 2 spawn a game and really +10 health +like 0.01 attack speed and armor and +10 mana is so not worth it. instead of +2 they should be +1 but have 4 of em so they can be passes around. just make sure scout cant bug it.
-antidote should increase resistance, like food.
-should be able to eat food for resistance even if you're at full health.

im also tired of people saying stuff like "why dont we try using ~this~, they have it in NotD:AM and its cool." people say the games are similar already, id rather not start trying to get ideas from it.
-the higher the rank, sure, the lower the movement speed cause you are OLD less vision too, but they should get more critical and a combat chainsaw when you're reloading, sure the knife is ok when you're out of ammo and you have one small ghoul poking you. but chances are you got about 5 gargs chasing your unlucky ass and you just have to be reloading. it can be an item that anyone can get too. or a katana to make someone happy Razz
-firebat has napalm that can splash on a few close together zombies when attacking, so how can he not burn down a few close together trees, geez with that much fire you think it would be easy to burn down a forest. especially with some stories about people dropping a cigarette it catching on some dry leaves and fwOOM, bye bye forest.
-sniper needs a knife even when he has ammo. I'm sure any smart person knowing they cant attack something in melee range of themselves wouldn't have a knife at least. so for a sniper skill i think he should be able to toggle from sniper rifle to combat chainsaw/katana.
you say you can click reload and use the normal knife? but but... RAWR no1 says that, they all want the katana/saw toggle.

I'm sorry for stuff not really being organized but ideas pop up and i put em down.
-there should be some abilities you can only use in safety mode. like a RUN FOR YOUR LIFE where you don't wanna shoot your normal gun, the only way to live is RUNNING and the occasional shotgun blast behind.

and a lot of these things really don't have much space for a button... depressing...but it wont stop me from hoping

-nothing realistic about this class, the omnipotent god. doesn't have a hero, just has a few abilities like flare - search for items, no fun if he sees the whole map and tells everyone where everything is. stun - does no dmg just stuns a zombie for a bit to help a soldier run away or kill it. haste - stacks with stimpack/stimulant/sprint, increases movement speed. spawn some ammo, spawn some zombies. can see everyone's vision. 150k exp Rank: *You play too much* to unlock XD
-everyone should start with ballistic vests, what kind of dumb military unit goes into hostile territory without even wearing some initial armor! then ballistic vests don't need to spawn.
PiscisKnight
PiscisKnight
MSG
MSG
realm_1

Tue 20 Oct 2009, 18:01
Terrible wrote:ok, i've caught up. i like the tree cutting idea as an officer ability but it should take a clip to blow up a tree with a short cooldown. im sure a clip of 50 bullets have enough gunpowder to take out the trunk of a small tree. not realistic? you can use the ability to put a clip in the tree, by now im sure you got the combat knife or even shoot a dam hole in it, and that's all it does, but the tree can now be shot by a regular gun and then it blows up in a small AoE of bullets so dont stand close.

-the scout can scan for enemies and ammo. he should have a scan for weapons too.
-the scout gets hollow point ammo at lvl 4 scout-bility but demo has a big wastefull blank, he should get an ability like the assman where its a 10% chance his shot explodes or maybe he gets improves explosives and satchels. maybe a mortar that can either be another bomb or it shoots a flare nice and high to illuminate a huge area around the target for all to see.
-different type of firebat ammo sound really cool, make that useless "tank" useful in harder versions.
-the dead need a "pull the pin" option to slaughter themselves so we dont have to wait 3 mins for them to die

and more and more ideas...

My own feedback:

Scout weap scan --> Agree, at least for primary weapons

Demo lvl 4 skill --> Remember that demo already has splash damage. But u are right, since its range its pretty short, in mid and late game demo never fires at anyone. It would be good and fun too see him fire and making zombies explode in 1 shot kill with this new skill. Also a mortar idea its fun and useful.

Dying Vs Perma Dead --> We are all annoyed by that lol... maybe s3rius could do this.

Twin pistol class --> Remember that s3rius dont want to use too much modeling (to avoid big map size). Making a hero like that i guess it would require some new model :/

Power-Agi-etc Modules --> Agree. They are TOO rare and they are TOO shitty XD.

Antidote --> Shoudl definitely increase resistance U__U

Food --> I think that is a warcraft III related issue, that u cant use a healing item when u are at full hp. :/

Sniper close range --> Indeed. Sniper should have the normal knife skill for close range, even when not reloading.

Safety mode skills --> good idea. and in that "run for ur life" skill, u have a 50% chance of losing one or two items, but u get an uber sprint (like scout one). It has a BIIIIIG cooldown (like 30 mins).

God idea --> Definitely NO

Ballistic armor --> U are wrong. When u start u already "have" an armor. Look into ur character and ull see u have lvl 1 or lvl 2 armor based...not as an item, but in ur stats char Razz... thats the armor u come with. the "ballistic" its an even better armor than the one ur cheap unit gave u Razz
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 20 Oct 2009, 18:07
PiscisKnight wrote:Sniper close range --> Indeed. Sniper should have the normal knife skill for close range, even when not reloading.
I only wish to comment on this part. I am surprised at how few people know this, but when you turn your trigger safety on, your combat knife is out all the time and is used. I am not sure how you guys kill shamblers when they manage to get in close, but this is the only way i know how to if I don't have a secondary. Perhaps you just die and complain "OMG SHAMBLER, NO WAY"?

So ya, this is already part of the map... as long as your CSM that is
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Tue 20 Oct 2009, 18:25
Gimli.SoG wrote:
PiscisKnight wrote:Sniper close range --> Indeed. Sniper should have the normal knife skill for close range, even when not reloading.
I only wish to comment on this part. I am surprised at how few people know this, but when you turn your trigger safety on, your combat knife is out all the time and is used. I am not sure how you guys kill shamblers when they manage to get in close, but this is the only way i know how to if I don't have a secondary. Perhaps you just die and complain "OMG SHAMBLER, NO WAY"?

if you're sniper, you have had the knife for a while Razz
really, the sniper is VERY POWERFUL.. so making him not being able to kill enemies in close range makes him more vulnerable than any other classes.... it's a drawback for him and if you know how to use him, you don't have to worry much about it...
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1

Tue 20 Oct 2009, 18:39
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
lol!, good point mish =P (whoops).

I guess I could argue I was referring to turning on the safety trigger makes any class use their combat knife as long as they are CSM. but still, good one =P
PiscisKnight
PiscisKnight
MSG
MSG
realm_1

Tue 20 Oct 2009, 18:40
Gimli.SoG wrote:

lol, i didnt knew that :/

But thats why i never used Sprint when it wasnt necesary...when i got a shambler on my back, i sprinted and killed him when i had some good distance :/

Oh well, everyday u learn something new.
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1

Tue 20 Oct 2009, 23:44
Anyone remember the Starship Trooper movies where the huge beetle would appear out of the ground and just squirt that crazy lava lookin stuff on everyone and if you got hit with it that body part was instantly gone or if it hit you center mass .. YOU were gone. That would be kewl to see. Also I think the boss fight should be the team against the boss only.. It would make it more epic such as any boss fight in most games.

-Lord Proxy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum