DotD and Garena

+4
Mishotaki
Eulogy
dragoon88
Lettijeesus
8 posters
Go down

Should there be a DotD community for Garena? (Post your arguments)

18 - 86%
3 - 14%

Total Votes: 21

Lettijeesus
Lettijeesus
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-04-11

DotD and Garena Empty DotD and Garena

Sat 11 Apr 2009, 01:56
I'm not sure if this has already been said, but I still want to bring it up.
Many people play Warcraft 3 by Garena, (more about Garena at garena.com) but they aren't familiar with DotD yet. Also Garena is often used to play dota, so getting people to play DotD, which is also a hero based mod, shouldn't be too hard.
But this is the problem: The download for DotD takes a long time, and impatient people just can't handle it. I think forming some kind of Garena DotD community would help spread the word, and experienced DotD players with the patience to guide new players could atleast sometimes play by Garena. Convincing Garena players to play by battle.net won't probably work, because Garena players mostly use Garena to gain Garena exp. Also creating a DotD community for Garena would be a smart move when considering the future Starcraft 2, which will very likely be playable by Garena.
Besides DotD, S.T.A.R.S. is also rather unnoticed in Garena, and a S.T.A.R.S.'s Garena branch could also spread the word about DotD.

Last edited by Lettijeesus on Sat 11 Apr 2009, 02:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The last line popped to my mind a little late.)
dragoon88
1SG
1SG
realm_7
Regist Date : 2008-01-27

DotD and Garena Empty Re: DotD and Garena

Sat 11 Apr 2009, 04:20
yeah i like your idea
Eulogy
Eulogy
COL
COL
realm_1
DotD and Garena Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-01-26
http://www.edge.ca

Sat 11 Apr 2009, 17:01
Thats actually really good.. I myself cant play on Garena but I'm all for spreading the map to other gamers Smile
Lettijeesus
Lettijeesus
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1

Sat 11 Apr 2009, 18:06
But you have tried playing by Garena? It doesnt require anything else than Warcraft 3 and the expansion. Also, i think you can load your codes from battle.net games in Garena, since the codes are stored somewhere on your harddrive, if I understood anything about how the saveing system works. Maybe I should start a thread about getting started whit Garena...
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
DotD and Garena Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Sun 12 Apr 2009, 00:42
Lettijeesus wrote:But you have tried playing by Garena? It doesnt require anything else than Warcraft 3 and the expansion. Also, i think you can load your codes from battle.net games in Garena, since the codes are stored somewhere on your harddrive, if I understood anything about how the saveing system works. Maybe I should start a thread about getting started whit Garena...
it's encoded with your nickname... no code is stored on your harddrive.....
Lettijeesus
Lettijeesus
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1

Sun 12 Apr 2009, 00:44
Ok so I really didn't understand the saving system, but still you're probably gonna use the same nickname in Garena as in battle.net, which means you can load your old rank.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
DotD and Garena Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Sun 12 Apr 2009, 00:45
You HAVE to use the same nickname to use your codes.
Having a dotd channel would be cool, but there aren't enough players to keep it up running I guess.
DotD isn't as popular as Dota or even NotD.
Lettijeesus
Lettijeesus
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1

Sun 12 Apr 2009, 00:56
Now that's something I don't really get. Why would people prefer Dota? I mean the only players who seem to get anything done are those who have played for years, and a friend of mine almost grew tired of it within the first few games, since everyone was calling him a n00b. Still people play Dota, when they could play a nice game of teamworking and cooperation in DotD.

Also, by "probably using the same nick" i meant the fact that many people, including me, use the same nick in pretty much any game.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
DotD and Garena Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Sun 12 Apr 2009, 02:44
You are wrong if you think that Dota doesn't require team work.
I sometimes play it myself, but only with friends. We all gather on TS or skype and manage to fight stronger teams by teamwork and (somewhat) good coordination.
But playing more than 4-5 games per week would probably bore me to death Mad

I guess it's the competitive part that people like so much. Team vs team instead of team vs computer. Also not everyone is a fan of zombies.
And there's much more dota-like maps out there than dotd-like maps. People know dota-style better.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
DotD and Garena Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Sun 12 Apr 2009, 05:53
Yeah DOTA is a competitive game while DOTD is a cooperative game...
both can be very nice and rewarding, in their own way but aren't the same at all...
Lettijeesus
Lettijeesus
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1

Sun 12 Apr 2009, 11:50
yea but what I was saying was, that other players can help you get started with DotD, but in dota the just call you a n00b and tell you to leave (like the example with the friend of mine) That just makes me wonder why dota still lures more new players than DotD, but I guess s3rius is right about dota been more widely known
aznalex
PVT
PVT
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-04-13

Mon 13 Apr 2009, 20:00
hey there
im extremely interested in joining this garaena thing if it means i can get a chance to play with you pros

i currently play in a well known australian private server called Bored Aussie.

My brother got this map from US WEST on bnet and gave it to me
since then i have been hosting DOTD 6 beta 5 and it has been spreading somewhat.

i would call myself the most experienced player in that server in all honesty and seems ridiculous.
what i am saying is that i would like to see some people who are more experienced than me!
Lettijeesus
Lettijeesus
SGFC
SGFC
realm_1

Mon 13 Apr 2009, 21:45
Yeah, same thing with me. I've never seen anyone else host DotD 6 beta 5 game in Garena, other than me or my bro. I learned about DotD when I wound a 4.96B game. We played that version for quite some time, untill I googled DotD and ended up here. So I can aslo say that I'm the most experienced DotD player in Garena, which is kinda sad cause there would be people so much better than me, if the'd just play.

If you want to start garena, check out my other thread "Getting started with Garena"
cryowraith
cryowraith
PVT
PVT
realm_7
DotD and Garena Pp_vis10
Regist Date : 2009-11-13

Fri 13 Nov 2009, 19:26
Lets make it happen!
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1
DotD and Garena Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-06-02

Sat 14 Nov 2009, 03:26
I will Not comment on DOTA. However as S3R said Not enough players yet..Perhaps in the future with the introduction of SC2..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum