:: --=| Dawn Of The Dead 6 |=-- :: -= DotD 6 =- [Submit]
Share | 
 

 Charatilization Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
1SG
Big_Red

avatar
Posts : 66
realm_2
Réputation : 0
Regist Date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 15:07

yeah makes alot more sense that way

katana is more widely known as a sword, not a jian. thus it is more accepted by peers as a fearsome weapon than something they have never heard of

Quote :
Everything I mentioned is based on pre-existing technology

then you cant say that your character is unique.
make you abilities a mixture of classic abilities with a little tech in there to spice it up.
interesting abilities make for an interesting character.
i have already given my opinions, make a post to let us know if you update the character
nuff said from me
Back to top Go down
LTG
s3rius

avatar
Posts : 1931
realm_3
Réputation : 55

Regist Date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 21:52

The problem I see with the Black Ops is that it doesn't fit into a unit role.
All heroes in DotD have one or two roles they excell in.
The Black Ops seems to be a master of melee, crowd killing, boss killing and speed paired with great survivability that comes with the high evasion.
Back to top Go down
MSG
Death_X_Magi

avatar
Posts : 169
realm_1
Réputation : -8
Regist Date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 23:16

Big_Red wrote:
yeah makes alot more sense that way

katana is more widely known as a sword, not a jian. thus it is more accepted by peers as a fearsome weapon than something they have never heard of

Quote :
Everything I mentioned is based on pre-existing technology

then you cant say that your character is unique.
make you abilities a mixture of classic abilities with a little tech in there to spice it up.
interesting abilities make for an interesting character.
i have already given my opinions, make a post to let us know if you update the character
nuff said from me

Katana, Jian it doesn't really matter, if s3rius were to animate it no one would know the difference lol they're both swords.

I can't come up with ideas that have no real scientific background to them or doesn't already exists in real life either as theory or application then put it into the context of DotD which everything is based off of real life weapons and or technologies. It's not unique in the sense "Oh hey I gave him this gun that shoots beams of anti-matter" it is unique in the sense that, there is no game on WC3 that uses anything remotely close to what I mentioned or hero like the Black Ops.

s3rius wrote:
The problem I see with the Black Ops is that it doesn't fit into a unit role.
All heroes in DotD have one or two roles they excell in.
The Black Ops seems to be a master of melee, crowd killing, boss killing and speed paired with great survivability that comes with the high evasion.

This does have two roles it excels in, melee combat or just general killing stuff. The evasion that comes with hand-to-hand combat will not be available if the Black Ops is using his gun and the abilities that come with his gun is not available if he's in hand-to-hand combat. In DotD zombies hardly come in at a straight line towards you, sometimes it happens but it's never more then 3-4 unless you decide to camp an alleyway. The optimum condition for using the Railgun is if multiple zombies are in front of you in a straight line at the same angle, unlike the shot gun which just shoots pretty much everything in front of you. The crowd control for this hero is quite minimal. The boss killing is only with the laser, but I didn't mention while firing it you'll be taking more damage then normal. So if there's no cover fire you and you get hit a few times, you will die quite easily. The great survivability is for melee combat, like when I play DotD I try to avoid getting hit as much as possible because simply getting hit a few times by zombies will get you hurt and debuffed pretty bad. If this class is able to go melee he should be able to survive better then other classes, as for the evasion part that can totally be reduced I only gave 40% as a suggestion but now that seems too much. Also the great survivability and speed is needed for melee because it is unlikely you'll be receiving cover fire from your teammates since you have to get up real close to kill, thus if things get too dicey you need to be able to run back quick enough and still have health leftover to live.
Back to top Go down
1SG
Big_Red

avatar
Posts : 66
realm_2
Réputation : 0
Regist Date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Tue 14 Jul 2009, 10:31

s3rius wrote:
The problem I see with the Black Ops is that it doesn't fit into a unit role.
All heroes in DotD have one or two roles they excell in.
The Black Ops seems to be a master of melee, crowd killing, boss killing and speed paired with great survivability that comes with the high evasion.

yeah im looking forward to see if you DO create a class that is proficient in all(or most) areas.
obviously not a class that EXCELS at everything like a medic does at healing, but has a variety of abilities from all sides.

also, just a thought: i know that the game already has a medic for the lower classes to use, but perhaps consider offering a higer ranked healing unit to the officers??
i know that in hell games the medic just doesnt appear to be enough to make a big impact and is quite fragile lol. if not make another unit, perhaps boost the medic's abilities or even just plain stats for Hell mode somehow.
Back to top Go down
SSG
Dragonfire_92

avatar
Posts : 41
realm_3
Réputation : 2

Regist Date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Tue 14 Jul 2009, 14:15

The Medic is good enough for hell. When you got 2 medics both with blood transfusion and one of them also skills the normal heal you wont have problems with your health
Back to top Go down
LTG
s3rius

avatar
Posts : 1931
realm_3
Réputation : 55

Regist Date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Tue 14 Jul 2009, 17:59

The medic is actually a pretty good unit to move around alone - even in hell.
He can heal most injuries, is fast, got relatively high hp and a "mini-shotgun" as of B7.

About the swords. I can't and I won't model a sword.
First of all I don't know much about modeling, secondly I'd have to remodel the whole marine to make him use the sword and thirdly I'm not insane.

I, as a fan of asian swords, would give him a Jian or a Wakizashi - Katanas are too standard Razz
Wakizashis would resemble a mix between the western soldier's combat knive and a long sword.
Back to top Go down
LTC
Proxy

avatar
Posts : 746
realm_1
Réputation : 12

Regist Date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Tue 14 Jul 2009, 21:20

s3rius wrote:
I, as a fan of asian swords, would give him a Jian or a Wakizashi - Katanas are too standard Razz
Wakizashis would resemble a mix between the western soldier's combat knive and a long sword.


YESSS Very Happy

....................

the_underhand: I went to a beauty contest
the_underhand: bikini 2009
the_underhand: miss bikini
the_underhand: and won
[Bnet 3:13 pm 10/9/2009]
Back to top Go down
MSG
Death_X_Magi

avatar
Posts : 169
realm_1
Réputation : -8
Regist Date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Tue 14 Jul 2009, 23:06

s3rius wrote:
The medic is actually a pretty good unit to move around alone - even in hell.
He can heal most injuries, is fast, got relatively high hp and a "mini-shotgun" as of B7.

About the swords. I can't and I won't model a sword.
First of all I don't know much about modeling, secondly I'd have to remodel the whole marine to make him use the sword and thirdly I'm not insane.

I, as a fan of asian swords, would give him a Jian or a Wakizashi - Katanas are too standard Razz
Wakizashis would resemble a mix between the western soldier's combat knive and a long sword.

Lol I knew you'd be too lazy to model a sword so that's why I said it didn't matter what we chose. Just use the Blademaster's sword or something. Or just not model it at all and we could pretend he's holding a sword haha.
Back to top Go down
LTG
s3rius

avatar
Posts : 1931
realm_3
Réputation : 55

Regist Date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Wed 15 Jul 2009, 00:03

Death_X_Magi wrote:

Lol I knew you'd be too lazy to model a sword so that's why I said it didn't matter what we chose. Just use the Blademaster's sword or something. Or just not model it at all and we could pretend he's holding a sword haha.
The problem is not a sword model (there are many), but I can't just give the soldier a sword. Not only does he have a gun which is incorporated into the model, but he's also missing sword-wielding animations.

I'd be rather strange to have him have a sword as main weapon. These days no soldier fights with a melee weapon.
Back to top Go down
MSG
Death_X_Magi

avatar
Posts : 169
realm_1
Réputation : -8
Regist Date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Wed 15 Jul 2009, 00:56

s3rius wrote:
Death_X_Magi wrote:

Lol I knew you'd be too lazy to model a sword so that's why I said it didn't matter what we chose. Just use the Blademaster's sword or something. Or just not model it at all and we could pretend he's holding a sword haha.
The problem is not a sword model (there are many), but I can't just give the soldier a sword. Not only does he have a gun which is incorporated into the model, but he's also missing sword-wielding animations.

I'd be rather strange to have him have a sword as main weapon. These days no soldier fights with a melee weapon.

Yeah that is a lot of extra animation work, but it'd still be cool to see. Imagination isn't for everyone lol.

That's also true no soldier really does, but they still have knives and considering urban combat is quite commonplace these days there are many situations where a soldier has to drop the gun and use his hands or melee weapon. The Black Ops with his sword is only a more longer, better and more effective version of a regular soldiers knife.
Back to top Go down
LTG
s3rius

avatar
Posts : 1931
realm_3
Réputation : 55

Regist Date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Wed 15 Jul 2009, 05:19

And there's where problems starts.
If I want to add animations I'd have to copy the model, change the copy and then import it. WC3 models are very detailed, but also very large in file size. A dozen new animations would also cost some kbs.
All in all it'd be like 0.5 mb just for this model - and that's only in case I would actually get someone to model it (cause I don't know how to).

I'm just putting together a skillset for the Black Op you suggested. Some of your skills don't suit my taste or have to be changed because of technical reasons. Also I have some ideas of my own I'd want to incorporate. And I think I'll give him the Jian Razz
Back to top Go down
LTC
Proxy

avatar
Posts : 746
realm_1
Réputation : 12

Regist Date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Wed 15 Jul 2009, 05:32

well I still use melee in combat but when you can just pop up behind an enemy slit a few throats and be gone again.. who needs a noisy gun?

....................

the_underhand: I went to a beauty contest
the_underhand: bikini 2009
the_underhand: miss bikini
the_underhand: and won
[Bnet 3:13 pm 10/9/2009]
Back to top Go down
1SG
Big_Red

avatar
Posts : 66
realm_2
Réputation : 0
Regist Date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Wed 15 Jul 2009, 15:35

yeha but id be more inclined to see hand to hand combat thing like a knife or a larger blade with US Navy SEAL or a special ops division, not so much a black ops.

US Navy SEAL... hmm i feel a character idea coming on lol
Back to top Go down
MSG
Death_X_Magi

avatar
Posts : 169
realm_1
Réputation : -8
Regist Date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Wed 15 Jul 2009, 23:01

s3rius wrote:
And there's where problems starts.
If I want to add animations I'd have to copy the model, change the copy and then import it. WC3 models are very detailed, but also very large in file size. A dozen new animations would also cost some kbs.
All in all it'd be like 0.5 mb just for this model - and that's only in case I would actually get someone to model it (cause I don't know how to).

I'm just putting together a skillset for the Black Op you suggested. Some of your skills don't suit my taste or have to be changed because of technical reasons. Also I have some ideas of my own I'd want to incorporate. And I think I'll give him the Jian Razz

As long as you kept the Railgun and the ATL I am all good. Oh and you better let me test it...lalalala.
Back to top Go down
BG
Mishotaki

avatar
Posts : 1033
realm_1
Réputation : 23

Regist Date : 2006-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 02:26

Proxy wrote:
well I still use melee in combat but when you can just pop up behind an enemy slit a few throats and be gone again.. who needs a noisy gun?
the guy who doesn't want to be infected by a zombie bite?

....................
Back to top Go down
LTC
Proxy

avatar
Posts : 746
realm_1
Réputation : 12

Regist Date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 02:57

Meh, I've an idea for a character >:].... a GHOST PIRATE SHIP.... I'll leave the rest up to you guys however I will say. It must have cannon fire and be able to unload a skeleton crew =D

....................

the_underhand: I went to a beauty contest
the_underhand: bikini 2009
the_underhand: miss bikini
the_underhand: and won
[Bnet 3:13 pm 10/9/2009]
Back to top Go down
MSG
Death_X_Magi

avatar
Posts : 169
realm_1
Réputation : -8
Regist Date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 04:20

Proxy wrote:
Meh, I've an idea for a character >:].... a GHOST PIRATE SHIP.... I'll leave the rest up to you guys however I will say. It must have cannon fire and be able to unload a skeleton crew =D

Ghost Pirate Ship? Seriously did you steal that from MapleStory?
Back to top Go down
LTC
Proxy

avatar
Posts : 746
realm_1
Réputation : 12

Regist Date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 04:51

MapleStory? Blech I wouldn't play such a cartoonish childish game (: I gots to have Blood guts, gore [veins in mah teeth] and the occasional nudity .. psh Maplestory he says.. So your saying if I play this maplestory I can have mah very own Ghost pirate ship?

....................

the_underhand: I went to a beauty contest
the_underhand: bikini 2009
the_underhand: miss bikini
the_underhand: and won
[Bnet 3:13 pm 10/9/2009]
Back to top Go down
MSG
Death_X_Magi

avatar
Posts : 169
realm_1
Réputation : -8
Regist Date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 04:56

Proxy wrote:
MapleStory? Blech I wouldn't play such a cartoonish childish game (: I gots to have Blood guts, gore [veins in mah teeth] and the occasional nudity .. psh Maplestory he says.. So your saying if I play this maplestory I can have mah very own Ghost pirate ship?

You can kill them, or spend like a year on a Pirate character and ride around in a Pirate Ship.
Back to top Go down
LTC
Proxy

avatar
Posts : 746
realm_1
Réputation : 12

Regist Date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 06:20

You seem to know a bit too much about this Maplestory are you hiding something from the rest of us?

....................

the_underhand: I went to a beauty contest
the_underhand: bikini 2009
the_underhand: miss bikini
the_underhand: and won
[Bnet 3:13 pm 10/9/2009]
Back to top Go down
COL
Eulogy

avatar
Posts : 793
realm_1
Réputation : 17

Regist Date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 07:33

lol ok guys true story time. My friend and I made a female account on Maple Story got bored after aprox. 2 minutes, took off all her clothes and my friend said "wow this isnt dirt-baggish AT all..."

I have never played the game and never will rofl

Besides that... Ghost Pirate Ship sounds fun lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.edge.ca
LTC
Proxy

avatar
Posts : 746
realm_1
Réputation : 12

Regist Date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 07:38

AHAH! I'm not alone Wink

....................

the_underhand: I went to a beauty contest
the_underhand: bikini 2009
the_underhand: miss bikini
the_underhand: and won
[Bnet 3:13 pm 10/9/2009]
Back to top Go down
BG
Mishotaki

avatar
Posts : 1033
realm_1
Réputation : 23

Regist Date : 2006-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Mon 17 Aug 2009, 10:31

/me is too lasy to merge with the caracterisation thred, where it belongs...

....................
Back to top Go down
COL
Lisianthus

avatar
Posts : 979
realm_3
Réputation : 5

Regist Date : 2006-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Mon 17 Aug 2009, 12:23

I'm too lazy aswell. I'm usually a hard moderator and locks every thread in sight but I just don't bother Very Happy

....................
Quote :
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. ~Winston Churchill

Back to top Go down
http://www.dotd-stars.com
1SG
Tamer

avatar
Posts : 70
realm_1
Réputation : 0
Regist Date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   Mon 17 Aug 2009, 19:35

I find the higher ranks a little bit empty in terms of unlocks, both for classes and skills...but I've come up with what I think is a very original class for DotD.

Basically, it would be the ultimate support class and...would be a little bit imbalanced when high level, but right now most games are played on nm I guess because hell is a little too hard...so that might be the class that would allow a team to get through it and would be almost useless for a smaller team.

Unit Name : Officer
Required Rank : MGen+
Armor type : whatever
Weapon type : Handgun (Beretta 92 a.k.a. M9, I guess), but other assault classes firearms can do as well
HP/Energie : low HP/high Energy, something like 200/350 at start
Skills :
Class Skill 1 : Some passive aura that would increase movement and attack speed (you know...efficiency and stuff). Now, I'm not sure if the Leadership skill already does movement speed, if it does I guess we'd need to replace that one or find something even more useful for the passive ability.

Class Skill 2 : Logistics command: that would allow the officer to request for logistical help, mostly gear: it would go from dropping items such as healing stuff, to ammo for primary and secondary as well and possibly dropping primary weapons, armors and other special items in the higher levels. (I think there's some BF command option that does something similar, I guess the skill would simply provide different items)

Class Skill 3 : Tactical command: the officer would request tactical support form HQ, that could be from a few units to a lot of additionnal units to artillery strikes to close air support (just like the medevac, except there's no evacuation and the helicopter follows the group...or say a Napalm strike where an helicopter [because we don't have a model for a bomber] flies by and drops a bomb that wrecks havoc on a HUGE area relatively close to the players => I think that would make an uber cool ultimate!!). What could also be added to tactical command is direct control of player's character for some period of time, a real officer is shouting orders, but since you can't really force a player to do something while typing in the chat then...you just take control of the guy. (it's just an idea, I don't think it's a great one, but it's certainly very different from anything else in the game!)

Class Skill 4 : A morale booster skill that would use mana over time. True morale (an esprit de corps, a cohesion between members of an unit as well as belief in the other's capacity) would be very hard to implement. Although, on the basis of the spirit walker's spirit link spell, I think it would add something interesting to the game. When morale boost is in effect, players would share damage (that's the basic effect of the spirit link) and possibly automatic stimpaks as long as they stay within a certain range of eachother. As the level increases, the duration could go up, cooldown drop, possibly add an effect or two to the basic "damage sharing" effect.

This skill could be easily exploited to tank a boss or something, that's why the distance the units must be apart from each other needs to be really small so that a boss can easily switch target once he started attacking a unit...and of course, when everybody starts to scatter, the morale booster does not work anymore.

And look! There's no crit skill! That would make him the most unique character around!

I know, it does look overpowered like that...but remember, it's the hardest unit to obtain and the first few levels would not be that great either. And really, in the end, it's all a matter of balance => the only way it can truly be overpowered is if we (or s3rius) don't balance him out correctly!

So, if we sum this up, I think we would have:

1- A cool new class.
2- A unit with useful skills at any difficulty level.
3- A cool new class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content



PostSubject: Re: Charatilization Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Charatilization Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Best Fight Thread!
» Funny Fights Thread!
» NECA Toy Fair 2011 reveal thread
» Eternal Dream Official "LOL Pictures" Thread
» Minecraft Screenshot Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
dotd6.net :: --=| Dawn Of The Dead 6 |=-- :: -= DotD 6 =- [Submit]-