LTG
LTG
realm_3
Ideas Topic - Page 4 Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Ideas Topic - Page 4 Empty Re: Ideas Topic

Fri 18 Jan 2008, 23:35
Sunny_D wrote:
you would need two JASS-systems (and thats actually what i meant with 'codes' in my previous post) - one that reads the old code from 5.2 that gives 10% of the exp and the new 5.3 code that gives normal exp, wont you? of course, just one visible code that you are given after saving, but thats not what i meant... Wink
Opps, misunderstood Razz Well, wouldn't be much of a ruckus, too. Since one code is already there and the other code has to be written in any case ^^ A slight modification and it would be done.

Sunny_D wrote:
simplies IMO would be to add conditions that check "not equal to Unit-Type = Dummy"...

Aye, that's simpliest, but since I'm using several dummies I'm always searching for something I can use to minimize used conditions^^
Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2006-02-04

Sat 19 Jan 2008, 00:22
it wont make much - i doubt it would make any - difference if you have 1, 10 or 20 conditions in your trigger. it depends mostly how much function calls you have in a trigger... Wink
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Sat 19 Jan 2008, 01:45
True, it isn't much. Guess I'm overreacting ^^.
Choub
Choub
PVT
PVT
realm_1
Regist Date : 2006-11-10

Mon 21 Jan 2008, 10:14
I vote for #1 too, but without providing any new codes to veterans. Very Happy
Hell_f1re
Hell_f1re
CPL
CPL
realm_1
Regist Date : 2008-01-14

Wed 23 Jan 2008, 17:08
Maybe an idea for the operative abilities :
- passive : fast reload : each level decrease time of reload (maybe someone already propose it, i dontknow, dont want to read all Razz )
- Smoke grenade : each level increase area. Make creeps confused in the area (like they were bugged), or something other you can find ^^

its all, just some idea, we never know, maybe it will inspire you for some great things Very Happy
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Wed 23 Jan 2008, 18:15
Hell_f1re wrote:maybe someone already propose it, i dontknow, dont want to read all Razz )
Lol, no, you're actually the second guy who passes me some ideas at all o.0 ~~
Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1

Thu 24 Jan 2008, 20:18
what skills the TO has already and what weapon he uses? maybe i can give you some ideas then... Embarassed
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Thu 24 Jan 2008, 20:46
Uhm..
Nitrogen Bullets
Critical Strike
Evasion
Shotgun
Advanced Trigger Group (was: advanced clip)
Razz

Skills sound familar, huh^^

I really can't think of any good skills.. I'm drained.
newlooy
RC
RC
realm_1
Regist Date : 2008-01-25

Sat 26 Jan 2008, 00:48
s3rius can u make there are got diff gunz casue they almost are same O.o

can you please add a new weapon flamethrower?
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Sat 26 Jan 2008, 11:51
Sorry, but adding a flamethrower means adding a firebat class. I don't think it's possible to make an unordinary firebat with good skills, etc. Maybe, maybe, when I'm done with most other changes.

I'll think how to make the current weapons more different.
newlooy
RC
RC
realm_1

Sat 26 Jan 2008, 19:45
ok thx and the pvp mode when u ran out amno u cant get it back u just stay there and let the people kill u that so... can u fix it ?
Lisianthus
Lisianthus
COL
COL
realm_3
Ideas Topic - Page 4 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-11-03
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Sat 26 Jan 2008, 19:58
Idea of the day: Lets play some. I enter B.net now.
newlooy
RC
RC
realm_1

Sun 27 Jan 2008, 06:01
->>Lisianthus <-- is that your account name for wc3?

i would suggest that we could pick up a chemical gun or something which has a good splash damage and deadly to some zombies.

Hell_f1re
Hell_f1re
CPL
CPL
realm_1

Sun 27 Jan 2008, 12:17
yeah good idea, maybe a splash abilitie for operative
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Sun 27 Jan 2008, 15:50
Maybe, maybe, splash for operative, but there's no need for another pick-up-and-pwn-zombies gun.

In this case I could also create an item that let's you win instantly.. ^^"
Hell_f1re
Hell_f1re
CPL
CPL
realm_1

Sun 27 Jan 2008, 20:06
maybe can you give invulnerability for operative (as 5 sec at last lvl).
will increase his hand to hand power
Lisianthus
Lisianthus
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-11-03
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Sun 27 Jan 2008, 22:32
newlooy wrote:->>Lisianthus <-- is that your account name for wc3?
Yes it is.
newlooy
RC
RC
realm_1

Mon 28 Jan 2008, 04:55
i am on west are you on west? anyways my friend xsomeboyx added you too.

i don't really get the point of this new version. surely, there are more new stuff but the game play is still the same. it is impossible to beat some of the levels without using glitch or using the low HP luring. the nuke is just plain pointless and forces players to use glitches. plain defending is also kind of boring after a while. i suggrst this game should copy some of the quest in RZO2: the onslaughtening. it gives players a chance to run around to complete the quests;instead of just stand there for the whole game and spend countless time running around finding resources.

also, i suggest you not to include an anti-map hacking. the reason is the game is already hard as it is and the game play is just too plain and resources are very hard to find. sometimes after spending like 10 or 15 minutes just running around the map finding stuff, we get killed right after the next wave started. that was a huge time wasting. i know some people might say thats what a scout is for!!!! but you don't get experienced players every game. you don't really get a someone picking a scout every game and what if the scout is a noob and he died? furthurmore, scout can not even find piercing ammos and plenty other supplies with his skills.

my friend is currently 50 + and he already got bored of this game because all you do is standing there glitching or wait to be killed in 2 or 3 waves. then spend a lot of time finding stuff. not to insult you ! but i think there are much to be added and changed. sorry if i have offended you in anyways or my suggests are just plain stupid.
Hell_f1re
Hell_f1re
CPL
CPL
realm_1

Mon 28 Jan 2008, 13:11
Mh, for me the game become to easy if there is per example no more nuke.
This game must be hard : then, you want to become stronger (lvl up) and maybe one day, you have a good team with only high lvl, that can be really good.
For this game, you have to be patient ^^
parad0x
parad0x
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-03-31
http://www.star-fury.com

Mon 28 Jan 2008, 18:45
Only newbs uses the glitch. And yes, it is supposed to be hard. And who says you have to camp at one place?

I do agree that it can be quite boring at times, which is pretty much why I don't really play anymore.
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Mon 28 Jan 2008, 18:58
Well, I actually wanted to preserve the gameplay in 5.3, because it's, imo, quite nice and 'old school'.
DotD is by far not flawless, but some of those things are just the way it was supposed to be.

However, Lisianthus offered me to give me a modification of a terrain he once created together with Sunny. If it's appropiate and I have enough time I'm planning on creating a '2nd DotD', which doesn't support camping anymore and contains missions.

Whether I'm really going to do this .. well, we'll see.
someboy
RC
RC
realm_1

Mon 28 Jan 2008, 21:17
continues to newlooy's topic....

wow are you guys serious? try hosting a game and you get full house of noobs and try that for the whole day ! by that time look at the mirror and see if you are pissed or not.
Sunny_D
Sunny_D
LTG
LTG
realm_1

Mon 28 Jan 2008, 21:52
try hosting a game and you get full house of noobs and try that for the whole day !

just want to mention the 5.3 map from s3rius is not even finished yet. its beta-phase currently. i would wonder if there were already that much "pros" out there... Wink
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Mon 28 Jan 2008, 21:58
newlooy wrote:also, i suggest you not to include an anti-map hacking. the reason is the game is already hard as it is and the game play is just too plain and resources are very hard to find. sometimes after spending like 10 or 15 minutes just running around the map finding stuff, we get killed right after the next wave started. that was a huge time wasting. i know some people might say thats what a scout is for!!!! but you don't get experienced players every game. you don't really get a someone picking a scout every game and what if the scout is a noob and he died? furthurmore, scout can not even find piercing ammos and plenty other supplies with his skills.

I don't support maphacking in any way, and I hate it when I play a game and ther are people hacking, no matter if it harms me or helps me.

The game is too hard. Ok, that's an arguement. I can make it easier, that's the solution.
5.3 is in beta state and by far not balanced, but that's no justification to use hacks.

someboy wrote:
wow are you guys serious? try hosting a game
and you get full house of noobs and try that for the whole day ! by
that time look at the mirror and see if you are pissed or not.
Besides that I don't know any game where you don't have to cope with noobs all the time, what to do about it >.<
I know that the nuke or the uber strenght of fatty is often a surprise/death for noobs.
[sarcasm]And even the small fact that they aren't half-invincible super marine on killing spree, but rather weak and unable to run through 200+ zombies without dying, is often causing them headaches[/sarcasm]
But I cant just remove nukes, let the boss become a wimpy fat boy and drop the zombies damage to 2-3.
I'm thinking about giving a revive skill to the medic, to revive a fallen marine (maybe only low lvls), so, if you have a medic, you can at least give the newbs a 2nd chance.
I'll also lower the difficulty a bit more for low lvl teams.

Any suggestions to make the game more newb friendly are welcome.

Sunny_D wrote:
just
want to mention the 5.3 map from s3rius is not even finished yet. its
beta-phase currently. i would wonder if there were already that much
"pros" out there... Wink

Yea, but the game mechanics are pretty much the same. A pro from 5.2 will probably find himself a pro in 5.3, too. It'll just take some games to cope with the new skills, difficulty, zombies and so on.
someboy
RC
RC
realm_1

Mon 28 Jan 2008, 22:03
well it doesnt really matter if 5.3 is in beta state because the codes from 5.2 still works on 5.3.

well if you insist i respect your decision;however, the nuke is just plain pointless..
i think you could make the bosses stronger but please remove the nuke.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum