Share
Go down
avatar
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
Posts : 1043
realm_1
Réputation : 30

Regist Date : 2009-07-29
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Wed 19 Jan 2011, 16:42
lol at mish, ya thats happened to me on several occasions

....................


"Wheres my axe?"
avatar
xRiotZx
SSG
SSG
Posts : 36
realm_1
Réputation : -1

Regist Date : 2010-06-19

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Wed 19 Jan 2011, 23:01
There is no real solution lol.
avatar
Afrizal2
SG
SG
Posts : 29
realm_7
Réputation : -1

Regist Date : 2010-09-07

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 03:40
ussually hackers are like kids really noobs i hope it will stop Twisted Evil
avatar
BlackTemplar
CPL
CPL
Posts : 16
realm_3
Réputation : 0

Regist Date : 2010-10-02

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Thu 27 Jan 2011, 16:33
Mishotaki wrote:
BlackTemplar wrote: now just pumping fog fog fog!!! pirat
allright! eye damage in the darkness mission!
feel the wrath of a 100 sight radius Razz

thats something what vanguard could handle Mr. Green
avatar
Afrizal2
SG
SG
Posts : 29
realm_7
Réputation : -1

Regist Date : 2010-09-07

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 02:45
BlackTemplar wrote:
Mishotaki wrote:
BlackTemplar wrote: now just pumping fog fog fog!!! pirat
allright! eye damage in the darkness mission!
feel the wrath of a 100 sight radius Razz

thats something what vanguard could handle Mr. Green


but u know vanguard only is not enuf u need also heart of tarasque Twisted Evil tongue zombie
avatar
Afrizal2
SG
SG
Posts : 29
realm_7
Réputation : -1

Regist Date : 2010-09-07

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 02:48
btw riotz what is ur real age not ur fake 65 age can u tell all of us? Twisted Evil zombie Annoying Admin... lol!
avatar
sengjung123
SG
SG
Posts : 33
realm_7
Réputation : 0

Regist Date : 2010-07-17

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 12:14
hmm just asking. is it possible for a person to get from CSM to 1LT in less than 24 hrs? just asking only.
avatar
jzebel
CPL
CPL
Posts : 16
realm_7
Réputation : 0

Regist Date : 2011-02-01

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 13:18
no idea, never cared about tis before haha. Then again it might be possible if giam/sup/sea hosted the game for the whole day and keep playing at it without stopping haha. Which was how i lvled so quickly =p
avatar
frenzyiced
PVT
PVT
Posts : 5
realm_7
Réputation : -1

Regist Date : 2010-07-03

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Mon 07 Mar 2011, 20:01
i admit tt i used to play fogless games, however i have already stop playing fogless games already. so i do sux for playing fogless games in the past. n those who play fogless, they should changed to fog games so as ppl could play the way it was meant to be played.
avatar
FitalityX
SGFC
SGFC
Posts : 50
realm_7
Réputation : 0

Regist Date : 2010-03-22

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Tue 08 Mar 2011, 13:47
True. But it's a choice only they can make. Its better to leave those playing fogless as it is. If they are good enough, they can simply change to the original fogged game n truly enjoy the game
avatar
MaJorPalN
SG
SG
Posts : 25
realm_1
Réputation : -4

Regist Date : 2011-03-07

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Tue 08 Mar 2011, 21:44
sry to says this >> playing fogless doesnt means hacking Very Happy

hacking can be played in either fogless/fog on depending whether the map is orginal/hacked map beta Very Happy


fogless = surviving longer+training newbies to knows well abt items description/knows what's the game is going on then they will be ables to move to playing Fog ON to test their movements of survival Very Happy
avatar
Mishotaki
BG
BG
Posts : 1033
realm_1
Réputation : 23

Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 01:28
MaJorPalN wrote:sry to says this >> playing fogless doesnt means hacking Very Happy

hacking can be played in either fogless/fog on depending whether the map is orginal/hacked map beta Very Happy


fogless = surviving longer+training newbies to knows well abt items description/knows what's the game is going on then they will be ables to move to playing Fog ON to test their movements of survival Very Happy
so... you're saying that playing Counter-Strike in a tournament while being able to see trough wall would not label you as a cheater?

it is basically the same thing: you're seeing trough walls and everything...

it's not a way to learn how to play, it's a way to learn how to fail hard and go back to play it on an easier mode...

i'm not saying that i'm a saint, i've done my part of exploiting... but i've reported every bit of it to s3rius as soon as i discovered it... he fixed it in the next version and i would not disclose most of the really bad stuff simply so that people would play it as it was intended, not as a way to get easy and free xp...

yes, people could play beta 1 in single player and save/load without any problem... yes they could use the single-player cheats to win free xp... but knowing it now, would they? it's an xp rate of about 100xp per hour killing monsters, with a limit of around an hour and a half, it would take forever to levelup that way because the newer versions get xp much faster, but it could be done that way before... did i use it? yeah... i did 3 hours of grinding that way to get the little xp i needed for my veterancy when beta 3 came out...

would i care if people would use that today to get a free medal? LOL i doubt anyone would seriously do it, beta 1 and 2 were using different codes, you need to start with a new code, therefore losing all your current XP... nobody has done it over the time... it's a harmless (now, but not back then) known exploit that i didn't disclose publicly until beta 5 or 6 i think, when it would take a LOT of work to get so few results...

But then, if you're playing fogless, are you having a good time? are you feeling like you worked to get to your XP level? well maybe you do, but that was a walk in the park compared to the real men who did get to general and finished the harder HELL modes... me? i'm not a general and i've never finished hell... I played for fun, not full completion, i enjoyed walking newbies trough their first games, showing how fun it can be...

so have fun playing easy games of DOTD with a map that was hacked and a game you never paid for with people who say: "screw you! i've never paid for this game, you think i'll learn to work with people when i didn't work to get the money to get the game!"

not paying for something makes it cheap... people not paying for it makes them not care to just drop the game and go get another at the same price...

....................
avatar
MaJorPalN
SG
SG
Posts : 25
realm_1
Réputation : -4

Regist Date : 2011-03-07

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 02:39
But then, if you're playing fogless, are you having a good time? are you feeling like you worked to get to your XP level? well maybe you do, but that was a walk in the park compared to the real men who did get to general and finished the harder HELL modes... me? i'm not a general and i've never finished hell... I played for fun, not full completion, i enjoyed walking newbies trough their first games, showing how fun it can be...


i also agree with u but dotd is diff+cant be compared with/from counter strikes Very Happy but on the above quote i 100% much agree Very Happy

for yr info i been training with garena td room3 dotd players moving on for being used to fogon for nightmare and its almost time for it to move to next step soon for the thrills having fog on with hell mode
avatar
acelsolcier
PVT
PVT
Posts : 9
realm_1
Réputation : 0

Regist Date : 2011-02-15

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 03:49
MaJorPalN wrote:i also agree with u but dotd is diff+cant be compared with/from counter strikes Very Happy but on the above quote i 100% much agree Very Happy

for yr info i been training with garena td room3 dotd players moving on for being used to fogon for nightmare and its almost time for it to move to next step soon for the thrills having fog on with hell mode

You can't even finish hell mode + fogless without bug weapon .
avatar
MaJorPalN
SG
SG
Posts : 25
realm_1
Réputation : -4

Regist Date : 2011-03-07

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 04:24
O_O how u knows we cant finish hell mode + fogless without bug wpns?

u got being BANNED with us and u knows what we are doing ?

dont tell me u shameless to creates new acc to be SPY in our games? arent u ? Very Happy
avatar
owning254
SG
SG
Posts : 26
realm_7
Réputation : 0

Regist Date : 2011-01-08

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 12:00
From my experience this is what happens.

There are three types of beginners who plays Dawn of the Dead. First, there are the people who play with veterans in fog maps and don't die. Since they don't die, they will be encouraged to play again and feel accomplished for playing with fog. Second, there are the people who play in fog maps and die. Since they die, they are discouraged to play again. Thirdly, there are the people who play in fogless and don't die. They feel less accomplished than the first group, but they have a lower chance of quitting than people in the second group.

By observing these groups of people and the current regulars in both TD Room 3 and 5, the highest rate of newcomers would be from the third group despite the lack of sense of accomplishment. In fact, after they play a few fogless maps and have become more experienced, they generally complain about the lack of challenge and there is a greater demand for fog maps. The fewest newcomers would be in the second group (naturally) Therefore people who are looking for beginners should play fogless maps.

I don't really understand what is the big fuss about all these. Why are you guys even comparing ranks and all these when this is not a competition? Why talk about reveal when there are hacked maps which allow people to become Generals in less than an hour? If you guys think that revealed map is such a big issue, doesn't it pale in comparison to these hacked maps?

And Major, posting these threads on Garena promote nonsensical postings by random people who don't even play the game. Even I think it's ridiculous that this argument can continue for so long (even though it's kind of fun posting these arguments ;D)
avatar
Mishotaki
BG
BG
Posts : 1033
realm_1
Réputation : 23

Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 13:39
owning254 wrote:I don't really understand what is the big fuss about all these. Why are you guys even comparing ranks and all these when this is not a competition? Why talk about reveal when there are hacked maps which allow people to become Generals in less than an hour? If you guys think that revealed map is such a big issue, doesn't it pale in comparison to these hacked maps?
Rank is something that say " i have a lot of experience playing this map"

i've played with some people who did that... seeing the noobs die so easily on normal made them laughingstock of the game and i usually ban them from future games...

we're here for the journey, we learn to play well over time and the XP and abilities just come over time while you're playing...

it's basically a MMORPG: you're learning to play your role better, how creatures you behave and how to use your abilities properly over time...
if you got hacked gear, you're still a noob with uber gear, you will get your group killed because you don't know how to do your job...

also, they usually dumb enough to get the medals too... knowing there are 7 first strike medals awarded ( hum... did gimli give himself one to be the 8th? ) and so few veterancy ones that if you see them and they are not one of the REALLY oldschool players, just kick them and tell them: "go earn your experience loser"

so fogless: you play the game without knowing how to play the real game (learning how to be stupid)
general: you didn't play the game and you don't know hot to play it yet (being stupid but learning)

....................
avatar
owning254
SG
SG
Posts : 26
realm_7
Réputation : 0

Regist Date : 2011-01-08

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 14:26
To tell the truth your argument makes no sense.

"we're here for the journey, we learn to play well over time and the XP and abilities just come over time while you're playing..."
Technically the Generals are having no journey at all whereas the people playing revealed do.

"Rank is something that say " i have a lot of experience playing this map""
They are Generals who have never played a non-hacked map before whereas people playing revealed at least have some experience. Need I say more?

"you're learning to play your role better, how creatures you behave and how to use your abilities properly over time... "
Playing revealed is a way of learning that (a bit cheating but still)

And I don't think there's a way of earning medals for people who play in Garena unless the creator of DOTD or someone who has high privileges comes to play with us. Actually I have no knowledge of medals so pardon me if I'm wrong :S

From my perspective, you sound to me like you're saying that playing hacked maps which makes you a General is less urgent of a situation(is urgent the word?) than playing revealed. I just find it weird that people are constantly complaining and complaining that people who play revealed maps are CHEATING, but do not mention hacked maps at all. I could be mistaking your judgement but that is wrong in all aspects which I can think of. Some people might think that playing revealed is just a cheapskate way of playing DOTD, but I think it's just a way of learning and having fun. After all, it is only a matter of opinion and choice.
avatar
MaJorPalN
SG
SG
Posts : 25
realm_1
Réputation : -4

Regist Date : 2011-03-07

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 20:21
To owning's post:

And Major, posting these threads on Garena promote nonsensical postings by random people who don't even play the game. Even I think it's ridiculous that this argument can continue for so long (even though it's kind of fun posting these arguments ;D)

Of cos its nonsensical but thinks of another way and put yrself in my shoes "why i'm doing it"? dont u thinks ther's some reasons behind it? everyones likes to enjoys playing games for peace unless ppls stepping others' tail for no reasons likes badmouthing/insulting Others Rooms then too bad they asks for it then have to expose them for their shameless acts of their posts/proofs/facts..ther's a words of saying >> "always minds yr own business instead of bothering to prevents troubles coming for nth" Very Happy

i dont likes to mentions names unless u knows yrself & god knows what u did last summer Rolling Eyes
avatar
Mishotaki
BG
BG
Posts : 1033
realm_1
Réputation : 23

Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 23:43
owning254 wrote:To tell the truth your argument makes no sense.

"we're here for the journey, we learn to play well over time and the XP and abilities just come over time while you're playing..."
Technically the Generals are having no journey at all whereas the people playing revealed do.

"Rank is something that say " i have a lot of experience playing this map""
They are Generals who have never played a non-hacked map before whereas people playing revealed at least have some experience. Need I say more?

"you're learning to play your role better, how creatures you behave and how to use your abilities properly over time... "
Playing revealed is a way of learning that (a bit cheating but still)

And I don't think there's a way of earning medals for people who play in Garena unless the creator of DOTD or someone who has high privileges comes to play with us. Actually I have no knowledge of medals so pardon me if I'm wrong :S

From my perspective, you sound to me like you're saying that playing hacked maps which makes you a General is less urgent of a situation(is urgent the word?) than playing revealed. I just find it weird that people are constantly complaining and complaining that people who play revealed maps are CHEATING, but do not mention hacked maps at all. I could be mistaking your judgement but that is wrong in all aspects which I can think of. Some people might think that playing revealed is just a cheapskate way of playing DOTD, but I think it's just a way of learning and having fun. After all, it is only a matter of opinion and choice.
generals have no journey.. but people who play revealed are going in the wrong way

so tell me, mr Revealed-map player: are you scared of the darkness mission? do you know what i'm writing about?
do you mind small spaces between buildings?
ever got eye damage in the darkness mission? could you still do anything?
do you have to wait out the bone crusher in the helipad?
ever had trouble with gargoyles appearing right next to you when you're near a wall?
ever had to take down some trees because you had to do it to survive?

people were saying that you could get to general in less than an hour with a hacked version of the map... well i know of the fact that you can get medals too with another hacked version of the map... and it doesn't take more than a minute to do, i know, i've tested it...

not mentioning hacked maps is on purpose, i'm not gonna go give any link or show the way to exploit the map, i'm here to help people play it like it should be played... not publicizing ways to play an "easy" / "free candy" version

....................
avatar
MaJorPalN
SG
SG
Posts : 25
realm_1
Réputation : -4

Regist Date : 2011-03-07

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Thu 10 Mar 2011, 09:07
not mentioning hacked maps is on purpose, i'm not gonna go give any link or show the way to exploit the map, i'm here to help people play it like it should be played... not publicizing ways to play an "easy" / "free candy" version

O_O that's good i 100% supports and we not gonna plays in hacked map in garena..is ther's a doubt in Bnet playing hacked map too? Rolling Eyes
avatar
owning254
SG
SG
Posts : 26
realm_7
Réputation : 0

Regist Date : 2011-01-08

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Thu 10 Mar 2011, 10:36
" so tell me, mr Revealed-map player: are you scared of the darkness mission? do you know what i'm writing about?
do you mind small spaces between buildings?
ever got eye damage in the darkness mission? could you still do anything?
do you have to wait out the bone crusher in the helipad?
ever had trouble with gargoyles appearing right next to you when you're near a wall?
ever had to take down some trees because you had to do it to survive?"

Firstly, your opinion is obviously biased. You have never played with me before, so by calling me a "mr Revealed-map player" you are certainly stereotyping me to be a person to be playing reveal because I support it. But as a reminder to you and to further emphasis my points in previous comments.
"In fact, after they play a few fogless maps and have become more experienced, they generally complain about the lack of challenge and there is a greater demand for fog maps." That was a part of my comment in some topic. I have played fog games before many times. I play both fog and fogless maps and I have balanced both the pros and the cons. I do not sway in the favor of one or the other. But from your tone, I can tell that you're frustrated because you readily assumed that I only played fogless maps. And I don't think you fully understand the stand I am making here. What I want to point out is that you are complaining about people playing revealed but not about people playing hacked maps. In fact from your previous statements, you clearly do not support both, but you seem more disdainful of people playing reveal than people playing hacked maps. To you, playing reveal may be a bad thing and it's ruining the game. But it's a matter of opinion. To me, it's a way of learning and getting used to the game.

I don't know whether you're even responding to my questions because your comments do not even answer mine in any aspects. Why are you talking about medals? I told you I have no knowledge of medals whatsoever. I have no idea who has a medal in the Garena community nor have I ever seen one on a stranger. And hacked maps? It's already being used by people in both Garena and Battlenet. People have already learnt to edit games so that they can get easy exp. I know you guys are busy finding a solution and making the new beta version. In fact, I don't really care about people hacking or playing reveal or whatever. I just don't like the fact that there is discrimination even in a game.

And to answer your questions, yes I have. Except for the eye damage one, because I use medic nearly every game and I can nano-surgery myself nearly instantly unless I am being chased by mobs.

"WHAT DARKNESS MISSION?! OMG EVERYTHING WAS SO BRIGHT AND SPARKLY, LIKE EDWARD CULLEN! (was just trying to make a joke, no offense to twilight fans)" Because I've got the impression that that was what you wanted me to say.
avatar
jzebel
CPL
CPL
Posts : 16
realm_7
Réputation : 0

Regist Date : 2011-02-01

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Fri 11 Mar 2011, 12:13
Whatever?

The posts here are becoming a bother to read as they are getting longer and longer.

Firstly i understand both parties are right in certain aspects. There's no argument with that.

1)playing fogless helps newbies understand the game quicker (not better, we all understand the game to a certain similar extent)

2)playing fog is the correct way to play this game.

Well all i can say is... none of us have any rights to this!

WE have to ask the game creator whoever it is. He's the one who created this game to be played in a certain manner.

Even before any of us realised this map could be played fogless, fog on is the only way ALL newbies could play in TO UNDERSTAND THIS GAME. so there is really no excuse to play visible so that players can understand the map?

I'm guilty of playing fogless maps. So is everyone else who had done so before. What's most important is we have the right attitude to get back to playing the game it's meant to be played in.

No one is stopping anyone from playing the map in whatever way he feels right. Fogless, hack or what. IT does not matter. But when we do so, please do show some respect to the person who created this map to be played in a fog and hack-free manner.

Yes we have played visible map, but there's absolutely no need to go around and publicise, tell the map creator who is in this Forum- "Hey we got ur map, we decided that the way u intended it to be is boring for us and we've modified it to suit ourselves, screw u in ur face"...

With all due respect, stop washing the dirty linens out in public. WE all can ofc continue to enjoy our game fog or fogless ant. Just stop rubbing salt in the creator's wounds.

With this i hope whatever it is, there shdn't be anymore arguments. I can't stand all these barking up the wrong trees and misconstruing the meaning of others.

To pain:"always minds yr own business instead of bothering to prevents troubles coming for nth"

Yes continue to mind your own business. But we can't stop others from meddling can we?

To owning: playing in any ways that the map creator did not intend it to be, it's cheating. Yes it's another way of learning and having fun, but don't go say it in front of the game creator.
avatar
Mishotaki
BG
BG
Posts : 1033
realm_1
Réputation : 23

Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Sat 12 Mar 2011, 04:12
i agree with most of what you said except:
jzebel wrote:WE have to ask the game creator whoever it is. He's the one who created this game to be played in a certain manner.

Even before any of us realised this map could be played fogless, fog on is the only way ALL newbies could play in TO UNDERSTAND THIS GAME. so there is really no excuse to play visible so that players can understand the map?
Garena is the only place where you can play the original map fogless, it's been disabled since beta 3 on battle.net

even if you select "always visible" in the options on battle.net, there will still be fog

and if you want to ask the game creator, just PM s3rius, he comes over here pretty often...

....................
avatar
MaJorPalN
SG
SG
Posts : 25
realm_1
Réputation : -4

Regist Date : 2011-03-07

Re: Cheating in Garena

on Sat 12 Mar 2011, 13:51
Garena is the only place where you can play the original map fogless, it's been disabled since beta 3 on battle.net

does that means others rooms also playing fogless too ? Very Happy

&

also BNET players last time too play fogless before moving on to fog? Very Happy

NO offence to bnet/garena dotd players cos need to clears doubts Razz
Sponsored content

Re: Cheating in Garena

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum