realm_3
Metro 2033 Pp_fou10
Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net

Metro 2033 Empty Metro 2033

Sat 24 Jul 2010, 08:52
Metro 2033 Metro210

http://www.metro2033game.com

I just finished this game :O and it was pretty awesome , havent had so much fun since a while with a FPS D:

You need a decent PC to run it smoothly. This game really worth the try.

Its a mix between stalker and fallout , but with very dark atmosphere and a good story , a bit linear as you have only one way to follow but you can play it with differetn tactics . be like a ghost and do not kill people or just attack from front like a rambo.

Great work from those russian guys! Awesome textures ,motion capture , actor voices etc .. GG

Set in the shattered subway of a post apocalyptic Moscow, Metro 2033 is a story of intensive underground survival where the fate of mankind rests in your hands.

In 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth’s surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.

The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station-Cities struggle for survival, with each other, and the mutant horrors that await outside.

You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire, but raised Underground. Having never ventured beyond your Metro Station-City limits, one fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat. Your journey takes you from the forgotten catacombs beneath the subway to the desolate wastelands above, where your actions will determine the fate of mankind.

* Metro 2033 is a gripping, atmospheric first person shooter experience powered by cutting edge technology to deliver incredible visuals.
* Witness the everyday horrors of a broken society living in constant fear.
* Brave the darkness of the tunnels, where mutants hunt their prey and ghostly spirits lurk.
* Explore the desolate city-surface, trusting your gas mask and rifle to protect you from a poisoned world and the creatures that roam there.
* Steel your nerve and prepare to face the terrors that await.

Metro 2033 02531910

HorstRabe
HorstRabe
1LT
1LT
realm_3
Metro 2033 Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2009-07-19

Metro 2033 Empty Re: Metro 2033

Sat 24 Jul 2010, 14:07
lools really hot, that trailer Smile
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
Metro 2033 Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Sat 24 Jul 2010, 15:03
I think I finished it like 3 days after it got released Very Happy

Well, it was alright. At least something different that a lot of recent shooters, but a lot of ideas weren't really refined.
For example this sort of "buy system". Everytime you see a merchant you just buy the best weapon, as you always have just enough money. There's no real decision in there. They could have just dropped the weapon there, like most shooters do.

Another thing is the linearity. There is always just one way to go. Every other branch way ends after a couple of meters at max.
Heck, we're in an urban jungle environment - why not make a (small) maze of subway tunnels that all lead into kind of the same way. With a compass and a map you could then find your way through the darkness.

Also, monsters respawn almost never (except of some areas). After you killed every monster in sight you could go afk and come back tomorrow. So even if you got lost a little bit (which happens a lot to me Very Happy ) or if you want to search some rooms then you can do so without any hint of danger.

And there didn't seem to be many different guns (haven't found all of them), although I loved the design of the shotguns! Very innovative.
With the same enemies and the same kinds of guns it gets a little bit repetetive after some time (although there's a lot of change of scenery, which is good).

I think it was the first shooter of this game company and they did a good and solid job. But there is still a lot of things to improve for their next try.
Lisianthus
Lisianthus
COL
COL
realm_3
Metro 2033 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2006-11-03
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Sun 25 Jul 2010, 04:21
Great game. But I want a more sophisticated inventory system, along with some open worldyness. That could've made it really good.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum