Safer)Sephiroth
MSG
MSG
realm_1
Everyones plans for SC2 Pp_mem10
Regist Date : 2009-09-05

Everyones plans for SC2 Empty Everyones plans for SC2

Thu 06 May 2010, 15:56
Me personally, I already bought and pre-ordered SC2(as well as Diablo 3) so im good to go. But I understand that there might be some members who cant get sc2 as early as me or someone else. I want to know whats everyones plans for SC2, whats the plan for Clan ZDC, and most importantly if people still plan on playing W3(I'm just wondering if anyone is still gonna need Safer-Bot or if I can retire him)

Lemme know everyone's thoughts
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3
Everyones plans for SC2 Pp_adm10
Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Everyones plans for SC2 Empty Re: Everyones plans for SC2

Thu 06 May 2010, 17:17
I kind of already said goodbye to Wc3. I only play it on certain occasions with friends.
I'll completely move to SC2 once it's released. I haven't preordered it yet, but I plan on getting the Collector's Edition for a 100 bucks.

STARS Multigamers, as the name already says, will continue of course Smile
And I guess we'll try to open up a ingame clan asap.
It's just sad that, right now, it seems Europea and USA cannot play together. It's not allowed to switch servers like in WC3.
Safer)Sephiroth
Safer)Sephiroth
MSG
MSG
realm_1

Thu 06 May 2010, 17:35
S3rius, i know i briefly talked to you about dotd for sc2, and i think someone uploaded a beta-map from the beta-editor but did you actually plan to maybe work on a sc2 version of dotd? since now you could really get creative with it
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Thu 06 May 2010, 19:28
I have no plans of making a map like dotd in SC2 at the moment, but as it seems Sath is eager to make something in this direction (see his Dotd7 beta footage).

First of all I'll make a couple of smaller projects like Resident Overmind to get used to the editor 'n stuff. Then I'll aim for the big deal.
Safer)Sephiroth
Safer)Sephiroth
MSG
MSG
realm_1

Thu 06 May 2010, 21:41
got cha
Proxy
Proxy
LTC
LTC
realm_1
Everyones plans for SC2 Pp_off10
Regist Date : 2009-06-02

Thu 06 May 2010, 21:55
I've been retired from WC3 for a while =/ Was going to make a comeback but I somehow got lost and never did. I will for sure be on SC2 though. Wink I look forward to stomping on all of S3R's Challenges
Safer)Sephiroth
Safer)Sephiroth
MSG
MSG
realm_1

Thu 06 May 2010, 22:01
lol. same
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Fri 07 May 2010, 00:43
i'm probably gonna buy it day one... i hate to have to use a battle.net account as it asks way more information than i'm ready to give, but i guess i'll have to deal with it...

i also hate the pricing.. 60$ for 1/3rd of a game...
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Fri 07 May 2010, 02:43
Mishotaki wrote:i also hate the pricing.. 60$ for 1/3rd of a game...
Now, I can't understand that attitude.
What do you not get when you buy SCII that justifies calling it 1/3rd of a game?
You get the FULL game, just like it was with SCI, WC3 or most other games.
The only thing you do not get are a Zerg/Protoss campaign, but in exchange you get an extensive Terran campaign. In the end you get about the same number of missions SC1 had. Inclusive much more cinematics than SCI and a diversified gameplay (that's what they say at least).
If we take 15 minutes into account for every mission then you'll get 7,5 hours for 29 missions (which is the number of missions it's said to have). 7,5 hours is more than you get in many FPSs and if the gameplay is really that innovative and varied then I think you can't complain about the campaign. (Personally I'm damn happy that the Terran campaign comes first. Much more props and stuff in the map editor for making awesome stuff).

The strategic error Blizzard did was to say that they're planning to release 2 addons after Wings of Liberty. Now everyone thinks that Blizz wants to scam you three times for one game.

This is not the case!

It's like saying Blizzard scammed us by releasing a part of WC3 in form of Frozen Throne instead including it from the beginning >.<

Agreed, 60 bucks is more than the usual price for a pc game and I hope that the price won't become the new standard, but in all honesty.. the finished and polished game will be worth the money for sure.
Think about how much time you spent and fun you've had with WC3 for the lousy $80-90 you payed for it. Price/performance wise it's probably one of the best games you've EVER bought.
That won't be different with SC2. The initial $60 are well-spent given the fact that you don't only get a nice campaign (and more Starcraft lore!) and a great ladder multiplayer (I'm still in Silver league lol..) but also the ability to play aaaaaall the custom maps that will be popping up.

Even if.. IF the addons would cost $60 each (which they probably won't) you'd still be better off than going to the cinema for 180 bucks.

Anyway, see how long they worked on SC2 and through how many development cycles it's been through - you can even see that in the early screenshots. That's much more time and devotion than most recent video games get - usually because the publisher is pushing that much. Blizzard is a rare exception because it's known that they produce ONLY quality games.

Right now I've played more games in the SC2 beta than in Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising for which I've payed 35 bucks I think -.-
And it's FUN people, it's FUN. Never before I had so much FUN playing ranked matches in ANY game.

And you don't only get the game. They've added incentives to play (challenges, achievements, rewards), newbie help (tutorials, micro help, an in-game unit glossary). There's a totally new battle.net with interesting features and it fixed most of the annoying things of the old battle.net.
And - hell - the game is even sure to entertain you because of the countless tournaments that'll be streams and casted over youtube, lifestream and whatnot. Although that's not primarily done by Blizzard (although they want to have their own tournaments).

Also Blizzard games get continous support. Even Wc3 has gotten a couple of patches to at least get rid of maphacks or exploits.
Many companies don't really bother 1-2 years after the realease.

Remember that SC2 is free-to-play (unlike WoW) so you're paying the $60 for ALL the things I've mentioned above and I think that's a pretty good trade.

Lol, words just kept coming out of my mind and now that kind of the longest post I've written for months. Anyway, it's been said over and over and I felt it had to be said again.

Sorry for that rage post, but I am sure that StarCraft II will live up to my high expectations and I'm a little mad when I see people being disappointed by such things.

PS: Lol Misho better watch out what you're saying - or you will feel the wrath of teh s3rius!
s3rius with wrath-bat --> zombie <-- Innocent citizen who sparked my wrath.
Sath
Sath
MG
MG
realm_3
Everyones plans for SC2 Pp_fou10
Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net

Fri 07 May 2010, 03:46
If they release as much stuff for sc2-part2 and sc2-part3 as they did between RoC and tFT i will be very happy ...

but i doubt it will be the case ...
Since they released WoW and get owned by Vivendi it seems their political completly changed ... they make millions and want more from us (players).
they r expecting make 10M$/20M$ on SC2:WoL
cant talk much before they second SC2 is released :/ we will see if its scam or not...
I wish i could mod stuff with all updated content and play with all other players without buying an expansion ,if not its a scam ... and if new campaign is 60$ too its scam too...

@misho they dont need ur RL infos.
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Fri 07 May 2010, 04:24
s3rius wrote:Agreed, 60 bucks is more than the usual price for a pc game and I hope that the price won't become the new standard, but in all honesty.. the finished and polished game will be worth the money for sure.
Think about how much time you spent and fun you've had with WC3 for the lousy $80-90 you payed for it. Price/performance wise it's probably one of the best games you've EVER bought.
that would be pwned by counter-strike... i paid... 20 bucks.. and played more time on it than wc3 Razz

and really, i've heard all of that before... the 60$ a game is becoming a standard now, Activision's pricing (part of Blizzard) is the standard.. like the stimulus package... the big companies are becoming a lot less interesting to me these days, ramping up the prices and notgiving us that much with it...

having only one race's campaign makes it kinda of fuzzy... sc1 had the campaign as a tutorial with a damned nice story, now we get the tutorial and some rpg elements like dow2? i hated dow2 because you had to replay the same maps 10 times in a row just because of the rewards...

having launched a LIMITED beta makes it suck for people who can't play it... it's a lot like the L4D betas where you have to pay to get the beta and then the full game later.... it just stink of GREED and filling the HYPE machine... the more you restrict stuff from the players, the more it STINKS of marketing with the goal to make more money without giving everything to everyone... just make the hype machine run and run by only giving acess to a limited number of people so that they can talk about it as much as possible to everyone so that the hypemachine is at an all-time high for a while...

did they need that? probably not...
does not giving the beta to everyone benefits the players? nope...
does it benefits them with more hype? hell yeah
does it benefits them by making their server load lower, therefore making them spend less money for the gamers? hell yeah
does releasing episodic content at the premium game's price benefit gamers? hell no!
Sath
Sath
MG
MG
realm_3
Everyones plans for SC2 Pp_fou10
Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net

Fri 07 May 2010, 04:33
To me SC2 is more a graphic and gameplay update for Wc3 than anything ...
if you even look close to model they really are poorly designed .... average count is 5000 poly for a model .. environment event doesnt have sky ...
The only attracting thing to me is the moddable aspect that is slowing showing its limits... well in fact i will say 33% for multi 33% for modable aspect and 33% for solo ...

if i get 33% of a game when they release next part i will be upset ( thzn i will just wait to DL missions)
Safer)Sephiroth
Safer)Sephiroth
MSG
MSG
realm_1

Fri 07 May 2010, 14:35
I agree with s3rius, w/e I payed for to get w3//tfc I have kept playing it for so many years. And there has been some games worth 60$ that I have that I have never touched. I think it'll be worth it. But then again we'll just have to see.
Gimli.SoG
Gimli.SoG
BG
BG
realm_1
Regist Date : 2009-07-29
http://www.dotd-stars.com

Fri 07 May 2010, 16:58
i will have to see what some friends think of it, but chances are i will buy it. maybe just not right away
Safer)Sephiroth
Safer)Sephiroth
MSG
MSG
realm_1

Fri 07 May 2010, 17:08
Ill let you know gim
s3rius
s3rius
LTG
LTG
realm_3

Fri 07 May 2010, 17:48
DarkSath wrote:If they release as much stuff for sc2-part2 and sc2-part3 as they did between RoC and tFT i will be very happy ...
they r expecting make 10M$/20M$ on SC2:WoL
That's what Blizz said in regard to the multiplayer:
The expansion sets will add new content to each race for use in multiplayer matches. This could include additions such as new units, abilities, and structures, along with new maps and Battle.net updates.
Throw in the new campaign and (most certainly) an update to the Galaxy Editor and you pretty much have the same bonus content that TFT gave us.

Mishotaki wrote:that would be pwned by counter-strike... i paid... 20 bucks.. and played more time on it than wc3 Razz
Alright, well at least for me it's true. Unless we're talking about freeware. In this case I can't tell as I'd have to divide by zero - which would destroy the entire known universe, so I better leave everything as it is :0

Mishotaki wrote:having only one race's campaign makes it kinda of fuzzy... sc1 had the campaign as a tutorial with a damned nice story, now we get the tutorial and some rpg elements like dow2? i hated dow2 because you had to replay the same maps 10 times in a row just because of the rewards...
You can hardly call the SC1 campaign a tutorial for the multiplayer (if it's that what you're saying). And IIRC you can re-play missions in SC2, but it won't give you any more money/bonuses.
Even in DoW2 it wasn't necessary. I've finished it on Primach (highest difficulty) without grinding items. T'was quite a challenge Very Happy

Mishotaki wrote:
did they need that? probably not...
does not giving the beta to everyone benefits the players? nope...
does it benefits them with more hype? hell yeah
does it benefits them by making their server load lower, therefore making them spend less money for the gamers? hell yeah
does releasing episodic content at the premium game's price benefit gamers? hell no!
Of course they don't need that. If they wanted they could even give away SC2 for free and still live from the revenues of WoW. But they're obviously not gonna do that lol.
Sure a limited beta is good advertisement, but they're not selling beta key. They're giving them away by the hundreds in contests or just like that.
What's a better advertisement than your friend telling you how great a game is? But keep in mind that this only works if the game really is good Razz Otherwise the reactions will be more sober.

Other companies buy ratings in video game magazines for the money Blizz is putting into the beta. So I think we're better off that way.

And about the server loads: Keep in mind that it's free-to-play. They'll be paying your server traffic for the following years to come without charging you back. If they wanted they could've easily done like they did in WoW - having the players to play a little fee of 1-2€/$ per month. That's so little that many still would've done it, but it's for Blizzard to be filling another 100 bathing tubes with cash (each month!).
So I don't think that they particulary care about the 5-6 months of traffic load.
Safer)Sephiroth
Safer)Sephiroth
MSG
MSG
realm_1

Fri 07 May 2010, 19:16
Diablo 3 ftw.
Asgard_Ragna
Asgard_Ragna
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-01-20

Sat 08 May 2010, 00:02
[quote="Mishotaki"]
s3rius wrote:

Somewhere I've seen a number...If every wow player would pay 2.37€
instead of 10/12€ per Month, Blizzard still would be able to pay
everything without working a single day....thats why they are so lazy.
TenienteMani
TenienteMani
CPL
CPL
realm_1
Everyones plans for SC2 Pp_fre10
Regist Date : 2010-04-19

Sat 08 May 2010, 03:50
Diablo 3 is for cats
Mishotaki
Mishotaki
BG
BG
realm_1

Sat 08 May 2010, 05:19
TenienteMani wrote:Diablo 3 is for cats
that means it's for me? hum....

everyone knows that i'm a car IRL Razz
well maybe not everyone, but some do...
Asgard_Ragna
Asgard_Ragna
COL
COL
realm_3
Regist Date : 2006-01-20

Sat 08 May 2010, 09:50
TenienteMani wrote:Diablo 3 is for cats

I can't wait for it,too. Diablo was one of the few games of the Hack & Slash genre that just owned.
TenienteMani
TenienteMani
CPL
CPL
realm_1
Everyones plans for SC2 Pp_fre10
Regist Date : 2010-04-19

Sun 09 May 2010, 17:05
Diablo 3 will be fun and it will look better than Diablo 2, it will be a riot

Lots of cats for mothers day, Ill have to go catch one mite as well be you!
Safer)Sephiroth
Safer)Sephiroth
MSG
MSG
realm_1

Tue 11 May 2010, 16:33
barb for life.
Sponsored content