New and old ideas for BattleField Control

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SSG
DOOMONYOU

realm_4

Regist Date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 10 Oct 2009, 02:06

make medevac helicopter have no guns. so it cant cover you, like at the moment you can call it in to cover large mobs and such.

add 'Gunship support' in bf control that calls in a true gunship with rockets and gun.
Back to top Go down
SGM
PiscisKnight

realm_1

Regist Date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 10 Oct 2009, 02:43

its not a bad idea.... maybe that way u could make medvac mana cost be less...and gunship support replace actual medvac cost, or even higher.... depends on its actual base Dmg.

good idea doom
Back to top Go down
BG
Gimli.SoG

realm_1

Regist Date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 10 Oct 2009, 02:53

i can't believe someone actually like my idea of a helicopter with rockets. thought for sure that you guys would "shoot it down" because of the likelyhood of getting tked.

"Wheres my axe?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.dotd-stars.com
MSG
XArmyof1x

realm_1

Regist Date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 10 Oct 2009, 04:42

Gimli you has made the mistake now the idea will get shot down because you mentioned the dreaded Tking. Well this is the way i look at it, you see the ship coming, get close to it or you derserve to die and i plan on playing some missed dotd tonight ^^

And Mishotaki as for the illegal locations in the map, can't s3rius work his magic and make it its loaded with fatties and you will die in seconds or teleport only to a visible place just like the scoll in the legit WC3 games?
Back to top Go down
LTC
Proxy

realm_1

Regist Date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 10 Oct 2009, 09:03

Very Happy Helicopter runs a check on Tk and says Oops *fires away*

the_underhand: I went to a beauty contest
the_underhand: bikini 2009
the_underhand: miss bikini
the_underhand: and won
[Bnet 3:13 pm 10/9/2009]
Back to top Go down
LTG
s3rius

realm_3

Regist Date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 10 Oct 2009, 13:39

XArmyof1x wrote:
And Mishotaki as for the illegal locations in the map, can't s3rius work his magic and make it its loaded with fatties and you will die in seconds or teleport only to a visible place just like the scoll in the legit WC3 games?
Yea right. And when White opens the gates they will swarm out and eat you alive.

Making you unable to target a specific area with a certain skill is the least of my problems. My concern is that it might be a nifty skill, but not really that useful.
It would kind of mess up the gameplay since you'd suddenly be able to skip roads, evade bosses, drop right ontop of the landing zones, etc. What would you use this ability for anyway? It might look cool, but that's pretty much all there is to it.

Anime is a prime example of why two nukes just weren't enough
Way to go, America!
Back to top Go down
SGM
PiscisKnight

realm_1

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 10 Oct 2009, 18:26

Another thing:

- In Blackout mission, they drop spare parts because "the sky is swarmed with gargs". Regardless of this, u are still able to call medvac :/. Wouldnt it be a good idea to block this skill during this time?
Back to top Go down
BG
Gimli.SoG

realm_1

Regist Date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 10 Oct 2009, 21:30

i like medivac, lets not block it =P

"Wheres my axe?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.dotd-stars.com
LTC
Proxy

realm_1

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sun 11 Oct 2009, 01:17

Hmm that's true Medivac should probably be blocked since the skies are infested with those gargs

Back to top Go down
SGM
PiscisKnight

realm_1

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Fri 16 Oct 2009, 02:44

Ok...dont know if it was because of this topic or just that s3rius had the same idea before....

but in the BETA8 test we know we have attack choppers >=)

So come on, more ideas for BF? So far we have the UAV idea which seem pretty good...
Back to top Go down
SSG
DOOMONYOU

realm_4

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Fri 16 Oct 2009, 13:31

how bout a nuke for general. so when its gg BOOOOM
Back to top Go down
SGM
PiscisKnight

realm_1

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 17 Oct 2009, 01:47

it wouldnt be consistent with the "story"... since after its GG the text said that "the srt team controlled the situation blah blah blah despite casualties"

And also its kinda pointless :/ at least for me : /
Back to top Go down
SSG
DOOMONYOU

realm_4

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 17 Oct 2009, 02:51

fair enough. a friend told me to post that one. but he arties the group when he dies so maybe i shouldn't have bothered...
Back to top Go down
LTC
Proxy

realm_1

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 17 Oct 2009, 03:19

Well if you drop a tactical nuke on the map sure it wipes everyone out But just that area would by the critical area while the rest of the city would suffer Medium to light damage the lives were lost but then it could be taken none the less.
Instant GG but satisfying

- Lord Proxy pirat

Back to top Go down
SSG
DOOMONYOU

realm_4

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 17 Oct 2009, 04:05

Medevac

-no damage
-spawns 2 riflemen and 1 medic on landing
-after a short duration they get back in chopper and leave

so you call the chopper in, the medic heals people, you can place bodies on the chopper and then it packs up and leaves.
Back to top Go down
SGM
PiscisKnight

realm_1

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 17 Oct 2009, 04:32

hmmm... all that was already posted:

EXCEPT... the idea of the medic, which i consider it EXCELLENT.... one medic wouldnt be bs, and it would provide a good bonus to the medvac idea...

So good, we have a new idea:

MEDVAC BRING A TEMPORARY MEDIC TO HEAL AND RIFLEMANS TO SUPPORT WHILE MEDVAC ON LAND.

More ideas gogogo!
Back to top Go down
SSG
DOOMONYOU

realm_4

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 17 Oct 2009, 05:11

would more fore support be op in bf control?
how about support from an AC-130 gun ship, or would this be better suited to a new class that can call in flak burst, cannon shot or mini gun strafing?
Back to top Go down
SGM
PiscisKnight

realm_1

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 17 Oct 2009, 05:32

hmmmm it would be good, specially for ranks between major (artillery) and general (supply).

We need bf shit for those ranks... otherwise they are really pointless (in a reward idea).

Flak burst would be pretty much like artillery strike.... but a strafing? hmmm that sounds better
Back to top Go down
SSG
DOOMONYOU

realm_4

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Sat 17 Oct 2009, 06:34

i was thinking flak like AA to take out mass gargs, and cannon as smaller art strike. but you couldn't unlock them over different ranks as the gunship is always there. thats why i suggested them as class skills. but unlock the class at major/colonel
Back to top Go down
PFC
Terrible

realm_1

Regist Date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Wed 21 Oct 2009, 07:45

maybe give the BFC a scan like the scout just longer cooldown more mana and covers nearly the whole map. ammo, enemies some scan/radar.
Back to top Go down
LTG
s3rius

realm_3

Regist Date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   Thu 22 Oct 2009, 18:32

Terrible wrote:
maybe give the BFC a scan like the scout just longer cooldown more mana and covers nearly the whole map. ammo, enemies some scan/radar.
The scan starts to bug with so many items. The skill was that way in 5.3.

Anime is a prime example of why two nukes just weren't enough
Way to go, America!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New and old ideas for BattleField Control   

Back to top Go down

New and old ideas for BattleField Control
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2